Do americans and europeans realize that the only reason fundamentalism and sharia law are so prevalent in the middle...

Do americans and europeans realize that the only reason fundamentalism and sharia law are so prevalent in the middle east is because the western governments during the cold war have weapons and money to the islamic radicals because they knew they would never join the soviet side?

I mean it's the whole plot of charlie wilson's war, it's not like it's some kind of secret...

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.eu/article/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's common knowledge at this point

Why ask questions you already know the answers to?

How do we stop the Eternal Yank?

they stop themselves

Never underestimate the mental gymnastics some people can do to deny responsibility

We should start funding corn syrup producers

I think I was misunderstood. The average person in europe and US is dumb as shit and would argue with it, even if they heard it.

They'll fall apart on their own. I'm a lot more convinced I'll see another american civil war in my lifetime than I was 5 years ago.

>hundreds of millions of people dont have enough mental agency to step back and realize something is retarded

Well yea but still

Exactly, OP. Islam was peaceful and progressive before the west became powerful enough to start bombing it.

>people still think Operation Cyclone had anything to do with the rise of Islamic radicalism
>not the fall of the Shah, military governments in Pakistan, and Saudi oil barons
>brainlets still think in terms of SJW "white man did all the bad things" fairy tales

At least the crazies weren't in power until the west started giving them money and weapons. It's not so hard to look up what Nasser had to say about islamic radicals in the 50's..

Fuck Nasser desu

>Britain, France, and Israel form a coalition to invade your country
>despite Britain and France being their most important allies, the US sides against the coalition and threatens to sell British bonds and destroy their currency
>display absolutely no gratitude for this
>eventually die after starting a fuckwit war of aggression and getting your punk ass kicked

>like if the house of saud weren't some crazies that would never had any power if it weren't for the brits

We're talking about radicalism here, nasser would never allowed those crazy motherfuckers get so much power

The radicals didn't gain power in Egypt though.

They held it for a grand total of about a year from 2012-2013 before getting rekt by the Egyptian Army.

They gained power in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Iran. The US supported this in Saudi Arabia, ignored it in Pakistan, and opposed it in Iran.

It's true that the west backed Islamists, but it's dumb to include the Mujihadeen among that list, being that it had both anti-Islamist and pro-Islamist forces.

When did this golden age of the middle east exist where everyone was a Voltaire reading secularist that wanted to cast Islam aside?

Oh wait it didn't exist. Radical islamism has roots to the Ottoman days with the muslim brotherhood.

>everything is America's fault da poor brown people have no agency they only exist to react

Babby's first political analysis.

Also love how these threads always leave out the question of israel which is funny because when you read primary documents by jihadis that's half or what they talk about.

ITT: denialism

itt: ignoring the first 1300 years of islam's violent history and blaming anything they do on "revenge for being bombed by western".

What if I told you I thought America did do everything wrong in terms of the middle east (minus Barbary wars) but that Islam is inherently evil, corrupt, and violent regardless.

Some of us do, but not a lot. Even among the few of us who do, often don't like to admit it.

Though the latter group does have a fair point, in that it doesn't really matter at this stage.

But if America had a nickle for every time it made a bed it had to lie in, it could pay off its national debt.

Where do you think the Islamic world would be right now if the west ignored it for the last 100 years?

>How do we stop the Eternal Yank?
Bring back the Dixie.
Also
>pic
Saved

Sure, Muzzies are just poor little victims, they did absolutely nothing at all, it was all the West.
Get lost you homo, political Islam is your own doing. Also, the West will not get you out of this and magically fix your countries.

babbys first mental retardation.
politico.eu/article/ why-the-arabs-dont-want-us-in-syria-mideast-conflict-oil-intervention/

Sadly no.
Even in somewhat interested political groups it's not openly accepted

First of all, who are "we"?

That's besides the point. Islamists would never have had the kind of power they do today if it weren't for Americans supporting them against secular governments in the Cold War.

prove it

>HURR the violent barbarism of these disgusting brown """people""" is really the fault of you evildumb whites!

Fuck off, faggot. Mudscum are responsible for their own behaviour, they're adults.

>western governments
Well, the CIA and Pakistani intelligence. Ensuring that the anti-soviet mujahideen was trained and armed was the responsibility of the ISI, and they intentionally chose to train and arm radicals, as well as ensuring that the fighters they trained adopted the mindset of "atheistic superpowers vs islam". While the CIA is definitely culpable, and the government of the United States should probably not have tried to pull this shit in the first place, the exact situation we are in is pretty much Pakistan's fault. The ISI were the ones that wanted to create a fundamentalist global jihad, and the CIA just let them do it because they didn't want CIA operatives training with the Mujahideen personally.

But yeah, the basic gist is common knowledge.

>posting Islamism in Southeast Asia
wat

OP didn't in any way imply it had to do with revenge, brainlet.

So basically you can arm and train anyone in the world, and no matter what they do with their training and weapons you have no part of the blame? Assuming they're legal adults at the time, of course.

Muslims aren't backwards, they're just not into post-modern bullshit. Nobody wants to be Western except for Westerners themselves and their sycophants. This is why Sunni Islam is having a revival instead of declining like it was. It's a response to Western degeneracy and decline. Westerners are like that old grandpa telling you how to act even though they're totally in denial of their own situation.

>Muslims aren't backwards
That's where you're wrong.

nigga i have nothing to do with what the US government did in that shithole you're goddamn right I have no part of the blame

Really boils your beans.

I guess the ideas of human freedom, dignity, liberty, science, art, and basically any source of the luxuries you enjoy that come from an enlightened society is all "post-modern bullshit" right?

just go back to /pol/ already

>Radical islamism has roots to the Ottoman days
And yet Islamism wouldn't be able to mobilise the masses in the Middle East until around the 70s.

They'd have more, because they wouldn't have been pitted against stronger powers and be left to grow this power base