Shill

Is this the next moon landing for 2017 or this the second biggest shill behind NEO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiFun3B5Rx8&
discord.gg/7xh6pd
github.com/obsidianplatform/OSMAlpha
independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-internet-crackdown-virtual-private-networks-vpns-facebook-twitter-youtube-google-whatsapp-a7879641.html
blog.icoalert.com/ico-alert-report-obsidian-77bfcf4c2b8
obsidianplatform.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's probably legit. That one avatarfag is balls deep in it, and I know he's a whale from the biz discord.

Why is it revolutionary

dont tell me its just smart contract + speed like every other eth knock off tries to offer

barely anyone is shilling it here. i say just throw a few eth at it bro.

nevermind, just saw that fluffypony is an advisor

passing this one

Uh... at this point NEO isn't a shill. People bought it at $.15 and can sell it for $50 today.

I'd call that a Jupiter slingshot...

They already have a working product although it's in alpha and that's more that can be said for most ICOs. I went all in since the presale

It's one of those discrete ICO that is not shilled to death while proposing decent ideas. In general they are the most successful so I threw in a couple Eths.

no it's not... IOC is already doing this and will be released in a month of two.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiFun3B5Rx8&

send me this invite to this /biz discord, im going to put some good boy points into this. If it isnt a giant shill i can see 5x ~ 10x once the fags swarm it at a popular exchange

>Some random fork of STRAT
>Big selling point pretty much isn't reliant on coins/tokens

No way

discord.gg/7xh6pd

Now now user-san, I don't know about being a "whale" or the like... But I am committed to OSD (having bought in on day 1) for numerous reasons.

First, it's a platform. Now, I don't know if you've noticed, but platforms for building dapps tend to have a good track record in terms of rising in price: Ethereum, Neo, Waves, Stratis, Ark, Lisk, etc. If anything, I consider platforms to be amongst the safer investments you can make with crypto. ICOrating itself considers Obsidian to be a "low risk" ICO. So why not get in on the ground floor?

Next, they've got a working product: their first app, which is an encrypted decentralized messenger service on par with Signal and others, possibly better in some regards. Yes, it's in testing, but as pointed out in this thread its a nice change of pace compared to other ICOs. They've been working on it for 3 years or so. You can go try it out yourself if you want: github.com/obsidianplatform/OSMAlpha
And take a moment to appreciate what this (a decentralized IM app) means: you can't take down the servers because there aren't any. You can take down 99% of the network and messages can *still* be sent! By the way, messages are free for casual. Power users pay (It's an anti-spam measure.), but even then the price for a text message would then be in the order of $0.000023 or so.

The team is great. The CEO is really friendly and has good history (including a year in the Forensics Service at the London Met Police). It's also possibly the most responsive team on Slack I've ever seen, and their handles are conveniently listed on the Obsidian website. You have a question? They'll answer it.

I've got plenty of other reasons (funds set aside for partnerships, announcements and new services at the end of the year, etc) for backing this but I'll stop now. Do know though that their project manager said last week (on the 4th if I recall) that they're going to shoot for Bittrex once the ICO is over. So flipping opportunity, ho!

Balls deep in this. I know something you all don't.

Ur thoughts on IOC vs Obsidian ?

To be bluntly honest, I haven't read up as much on IOC as I would like. They seem to be up to interesting stuff though! Projects that don't do marketing and are under-reported are always the ones people should keep an eye on.

Anyways, going on the little I know though (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or if I don't' know something), IOC's messaging system will be integrated into their wallets, right? Doesn't this mean that it won't be a standalone application?

Nothing will ever come close to Obsidian. Not even on the same fucking plane. You guys have no idea how brilliantly their messenger was architected. Here's a hint: Billion dollar conglomerates are going to want this technology when it goes mainstream. This is the end of mass email surveillance and corporate espionage. If you didn't buy into this ICO you're a fucking retard and I have no sympathy for you.

Those kinds of projects suck, shilling is good as it generates attention and attracts money

>Veeky Forums discord

link pl0x

Why does the world need another messenger. There is nothing attractive about their project to me but best of luck to you and hopefully it does realize some of its potential.

It's already been linked. Read the thread.

I like it because it a) has a good product already b) solid plan c) masternodes d) very low cap, like 3M or so so lots of room for growth.

Because it's encrypted and decentralized so nobody can control it? You people can be dense sometimes. Besides there will be more apps

Obsidian is a PLATFORM

Not a messaging app

See obsidian as html

And that messaging is just an app written in html.

It is .net too so easily shillable to normie tech crowd. Basically stratis but better

I don't see the value to be honest.
Messaging?...

Well user-kun, first keep in mind that the messenger is just the first app. What you're buying into here is more than just that.

As for messengers, it depends on what your goal is. If you just want to chat with friends and don't care about privacy, you can just use Facebook Messenger! Seriously though, please don't do that. You might as well be handing over chat logs.

If you value privacy though, then you get an encrypted messaging app. And while in the West people take freedom for granted, in other parts of the world...
>independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-internet-crackdown-virtual-private-networks-vpns-facebook-twitter-youtube-google-whatsapp-a7879641.html
...it isn't as simple. You need an encrypted messaging app.

And as pointed out, decentralizations means that there isn't a single point of failure! Did you know that Signal depends on centralized servers in 10 countries? Same with Telegram! if they were to be seized, what would happen? With Obsidian though, this can't be done because there are no servers! They can try and try to take down nodes, but the system would still be up.

==PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMNT==
ICO Alert just released an alert report about OSD! Read it here:
blog.icoalert.com/ico-alert-report-obsidian-77bfcf4c2b8

If you actually listen to IOCoin devs video showcase they don't reccomend "chatting" over the messaging platform. Thats because its too expensive to send messages over their platform. further, its taken them three fucking years to just get a WINDOWS application. Obsidian's is already done and they're bringing it to android and iphone before the end of the year. sorry you're bagholding IOC but you can also get in on Obsidian

its a privacy based blockchain secured messaging application that is coming to mobile. fluffypony is a faggot but he understands privacy.

see

No, it's a platform. The messenger is just one app that they made on it.

sage, just want to say dont promote it anymore as it dilutes our shares. thanks for the tip on this and 0x

i sent $50 in btc for this shit like 3 weeks ago, picked myself up 337 coins. from reading about this here this seems to be the best decision i've ever made in crypto, and a likely fail safe for when i liquidate myself in the upcoming weeks

i've never participated in an ico before so does anyone know how i can get my coins when this finally comes out?

Nice copy and paste syscoin dev

They'll release a wallet and let you withdraw them

Where can I buy this coin?

Why do you write like a huge faggot, wtf is wrong with you mate

Where the fuck did you buy the coin?

Funny how no shills have a response.

No wonder the syscoin dev was begging for IOC to make their code open source last year, so he could copy and paste it. Now he's too late lmao

on the site my dude

obsidianplatform.com/

does anyone know what the cap for the coins is?

Thanks friendo
Going in balls deep as we speak
No fucks given

Why does that fluffpony guy from their website look like a douche? He doesn't have a trustworthy face

hmm to anyone who sent their btc/eth for obsidian before they started doing the personalized wallet shit, does it show how many coins you've purchased? i talked to the devs in the slack and they said they just haven't updated it to count people who sent before they changed it up but your purchases are still confirmed, yet it's been like 2 weeks since then and the sites changed even more and yet my balance is still zero.

Hai! You're welcome user.

Though I disagree: though a more limited supply of tokens would mean more for us (short-term benefit), I'd rather more money go into the ICO so that the dev team is better funded, they can hire marketing people, and achieve more (long-term benefit). Better to endure bit now for better gains later, don't you think?

29.4 million tokens.

Strange... I bought in the first day, long before they did personalized wallet and it shows my tokens just fine. I would ask the devs again.

So monero as the new drug money and this is what they could use to message each other?

You're thinking too small. A lot of people would be interested in encrypted communications, not just narcos