So to those who don't know...

So to those who don't know, Colombia has had a very wild history; like holy hell they can't get a break ever since the collapse of La Gran Colombia in the 1830s. Now moving aside from that, something I have always found interesting is Colombian radio broadcasts from the 30s, 40s and 50s--- Especially because a lot of them have to do with Jorge Eliécer Gaitán at one point.

Unfortunately for me, the few broadcasts I have been able to find of this material are buried away in the seas of the internet, and I am dying to get my hands on more radio out of Colombia from that time period but can't seem to find any.

Anyone want to go looking? (feel free to use this threat for general discussion of Colombia in this time frame too; Though I really am just wanting radio)

Other urls found in this thread:

nltimes.nl/2017/06/20/dutch-journalist-cameraman-kidnapped-colombia
colombiareports.com/colombias-anti-corruption-chief-arrested-us-bribery-charges/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Colombia is a sad shithole, a puppet of the USA and a nursery of criminals, corrupts and failed revolutionaries movements. Colombians in general does´t care about thier own history or even thier future, they only care about football and crappy soap operas about death popular singers.
t. a depressed colombian.

Think of it this way, you just passed Venezuela going in the opposite direction.

Our country is much more than that and you know it. Most people strive for a better future within their capacities but the government and bureaucracy set us back every time at every chance. The way you depict it perpetuates that stupid latin american stereotype we all hate. I hope you change your mind soon, you sound like one of those people who make the country as shitty as it is with your loser narrative. You're a faggot.

t. Colombian living abroad

hola
quiero comprar cocaina

I almost shed a tear

>Most people strive for a better future within their capacities but the government and bureaucracy set us back every time at every chance.
So colombians don't let Colombia progress , what a surprise!

>The way you depict it perpetuates that stupid latin american stereotype we all hate.

Stereotypes exist by a reason, my description just reflect what happen in my surroundings. Successful colombians exist but they tend to go a way, they don't want live in a country who don't apreciate their contributions.

Well tell me proud kinsman, what are you doing by your country? what you propouse to fix this mess? and don't give me stupid adhomined offenses (faggot, really you're 12?)

You're just a nobody surrounded by nobodies. Same as any other place on earth.

Colombia is very much an active, vital and hale nation moving forwards and developing in all sectors at a breakneck pace.

t. American immersed in US dip community in Colombia.

PS. Colombia is destined for rapid development; politically, economically, socially and international. Colombia will be an important influence on the "rising" states of the world

>t.

I started at the end and stopped reading there.

Yeah but the women have big bundas. As a tall gringo I'd live there if I wouldn't get robbed.

kek why is the diaspora always so gosh darn nationalistic and optimistic about the countries they left behind :^)

>Colombia is very much an active, vital and hale nation moving forwards and developing in all sectors at a breakneck pace.

How the Santo's cock taste like. In this moment we have severe social problems in many marginated regions, the worst heath system and a mediocre education. I see people shit on Venezuela every time but we are not better, only more conformist.

>You're just a nobody surrounded by nobodies. Same as any other place on earth.

So like you, what is the diference?

>kek why is the diaspora always so gosh darn nationalistic and optimistic about the countries they left behind :^)

because Latinos raised on American tv and movies think developed northern countries have huge suburban three story mansions and literal castles for everyone like in Home Alone and Harry Potter.

the second they actually make it to a ghetto in LA or Chicago the dream dies.

>because Latinos raised on American tv and movies think developed northern countries have huge suburban three story mansions

That's generally true in America if you're white.

fucking where, most white people have living conditions to Malcom in the Middle

Land is cheap as fuck in the south. Any middle class white person could live in a mcmansion for 500,000.

What the hell man in what parallel universe are you living?

We are destined to eternal mediocrity. The people I see around me everyday aren't the stuff out of which anything worthwhile is accomplished

I've read that Colombia is actually on the up and up and one of the nicer places to live in South America, is this correct Colombro?

No, with the collapse in commodity prices and the long term decline of oil especially our potential growth got permanently capped at a lower level than was expected just a few years ago.

Overall we are mediocre and unsuccesful, we can't into advanced technology and we are corrupt / lazy asf

If you are a turist of course, but maybe you can get a "extreme the jungle experience" if you look very interesting in the native culture, like this example:
nltimes.nl/2017/06/20/dutch-journalist-cameraman-kidnapped-colombia

>we are not better than Venezuela

Holy shit, you can't actually be this secluded from reality.

The FARC is a major pain in the ass, but objectively speaking yes, Colombia is, all in all, one of the nicest latin american countries.

It isn't saying much, but it is truth. I wouldn't be surprised if they're mindfucked culturally like Chileans and people from Buenos Aires tho.

That's not a rule, but a need to help the Patria.

You'll not understand it. You hate your own people too much to help your country.

>you can't actually be this secluded from reality.

Reality? and you are in denial, here in Colombia there are municipalities without water beginning with Santa Marta and let's not get started on rural areas full of violence because ELN and BACRIM still operate because state abandon.

In many Colombian provinces like (La Guajira, Chocó, Norte de Santander and Vaupés have hunger and poverty problems similar to Rwanda or the Congo.

Do we want to talk about corruption? The carousel of contracting in Bogotá, the Odebrecht case, the private and public cartels, the justice "reform", the Agro Ingreso Seguro scandal, the Yidispolítica scandal, en so on. The list continues: colombiareports.com/colombias-anti-corruption-chief-arrested-us-bribery-charges/

All this and still people like you and another patriotic colombians in the exterior think this is better then Venezuela, at least many of them are protesting and we are lazy complainers.