Can we have a "Veeky Forums meets /trv/" thread where we talk about where to go to see/experience rare, historical...

Can we have a "Veeky Forums meets /trv/" thread where we talk about where to go to see/experience rare, historical, or overall minority cultures?

youtube.com/watch?v=nXKBx67GzVo

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9Znucx4GM
youtube.com/watch?v=fSYh3oOiyaE
youtube.com/watch?v=TouOxJkHS5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Niger's going through a rock renaissance right now:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9Znucx4GM

bump
youtube.com/watch?v=fSYh3oOiyaE

bump

One last hopeful bump

So I've heard Southern Italy is pretty poor. How dangerous is it for tourism?

Can't imagine it would anymore dangerous than NYC.

Where would one go if they wanted to see surviving Babylonian/Assyrian culture?

Wow, this is prety unique. Haven't heard anything like this, thanks.

The Mandaeans in Iraq are your best bet, but I don't think travel to Iraq is a great idea right now

bump

Here's a Veeky Forums travel story.

Me and my friends were in the Basilica in Quebec City, this massive catholic church built by the french during the colonial period. We're looking at a shrine to Mary with some candles, and try to light the candles in honor. We knocked over the candles. If they didn't fall on the stone floor tile, we could have burned down the Quebec Basilica.

I was in the Hare Krishna temple in england, is that a minority culture?

bump

bmup

bump

Thanks guys
English Hindus sounds interesting. Tell us about your experience.

I don't remember that much, but they're nice people. They revere their guru who started the Hare Krishna thing, and have a life-size staue of him in his study room. I watched them perform some sort of prayer mass where they sung their mantra (hare krishna, krishna rama, rama rama, krishna hare, hare krishna, krishna rama, rama rama, krishna hare, hare krishna, krishna rama, rama rama, krishna hare...). They had a meditation garden with rocks and little reflective pools, and that was nice. They also give free lunches to visitors, because they believe in generosity. All in all some very nice people.

Forgot to mention that if you got to Union Square, New York on any given day they'll be there praying and handing out pamphlets. They're everywhere.

good threado desu

youtube.com/watch?v=TouOxJkHS5o

Extremely rare recording of native americans discussing the white's man internal combustion engine

Didn't George Harrison one of them?

>Arviat
>second largest community in Nunavut
>population of 2,657
>one of the only two pictures on it's wikipedia article
>Inuit culture basically is IRL Borderlands
>I want to at some point in my life visit Old Man Bear Jaw and get a quest from him to retrieve his unfinished can of beans from a pack of wolves

>>second largest community in Nunavut
>>population of 2,657

They love everything besides advaitans lmao

Yes. A Hare Krishna. Also known as ISKCON.

>Didn't George Harrison one of them

bump

bump

>total population of 37,280

And which culture is that?