What does Veeky Forums think of Chinese armor?

what does Veeky Forums think of Chinese armor?

It's pretty aesthetic and comfy looking.

It's pretty much Azn Cataphract.

>Scholar Fa Bei. I'm Tang Dynasty.

they look really funny no offense

Was thinking the same

>You're a mongolian guy
>Fung Yu

Was crashing this dynasty part of your master plan?

>Well, you built yourself a wall. What's the next step in your master plan?
>UNITING THE DYNASTIES...WITH A UNIFIED LANGUAGE SYSTEM

good looking until that retarded coat

you mean the brigandine raincoat?

yeah
ugly as hell

is it just me or they're really like turkish army looking

Because it heavily borrowed from Central Asian armor.

Because they're cross influenced each others for quite a long time. Also, lamellar armour is native to Chinese, long before Turks.

>protects full body
>flexible yet still strong

Qing hated the aesthetics but emphasized pratical use didn't they?

Qing brigandine armour actually was inherited from late Ming brigandine armour.

Manchus were vassal of Ming, most of their equipments were imported or derived from Ming. They made a little change after Ming–Qing transition but basic styles are still identical.

Hating aesthetics explains the horrible queue, but what practical use did that have?

As a commentator once pointed out: the Qing tried to ban footbinding of women and enforce the queue hairstyle, but met with fierce resistance, and so, as typical of bureaucracy, a compromise was struck where the absurd option was taken for both cases.

>Qing hated the aesthetics but emphasized pratical use didn't they?
The Ming/Qing had the same types of armor(cotton,mail,brigandine,lamellar).

Though the Later Jin were known to use iron masks,cataphracts as well as some innovations(flared metal cuffs,extra brigandine attachments).

How does this compare to contemporary asian armor? bonus point if you aren't talking about Japan

>comtemporary asian armor
be more specific

seeing as every other Asian nations armor has been influenced by what china had at any particular time period, I would assume it wouldn't look all that different.

My first thought, nice work

I think what holds back Chinese armor from looking fly as fuck is the lack of awesome looking helmets.

Swaaaggg.

I like the ones in the Three Kingdoms (2010) more. Don't know how authentic there are though.

Just like in my Dynasty Warrior game

Anyone know of any Chinese military based historical fiction written by/for a westerner?

Only shit i can find on good reads is the women whining about revolution or concubines falling in love trash.

Red cliff series is a good movie
Fall of ming, for dirty and gritty western realism