Shite tier flag aside

Shite tier flag aside

What ethnic group do Lithuanians fall into?

I've heard from some people that even though Lithuania is near the Slavic nations, it isn't technically Slavic; and that the same goes for Albanians, Austrians, Hungarians, Romanians, Estonians, and Latvians.

Anyone care to shed some light?

Balts

google it you fuck

They are the original Indo-Europeans. THEY IS EUROPE N SHIT

Lithuanians are fucking Balts. Their ancestors are Indo-Europeans and the language derives from the ancient Sanskrit.

>Shite tier flag
I don't disagree considering tricolours are utter shite and the worst thing to happen to flags, but why the Lithuanian tricolour in particular?

I'm guessing because it reminds him of Africa and it uses the Pan-African colours. I find it okay tbqh. A nice shift from the insanely common white, red and blue.

the flag was made before the term "african nation" was even a thing
ryyy

I never said that it came after Pan-African. I said it probably reminds him, not that it is. I know that less and less Lithuanians are passing the Lithuanian exam yearly (a drop of 0.6% this year I believe), but come on now.

>and the language derives from the ancient Sanskrit
But that's wrong you fucking retard.

>derives from the ancient Sanskrit
Yeah, just like every single other Indo-yuro language lmoa

Not really. It's just a 20th century adaptation of the shitty revolutionary meme. There is absolutely no national identity to it, just like pretty much every other tricolour.

Perhaps I worded it wrong, but anyways:
> Lithuanian is extraordinarily conservative, retaining many archaic features otherwise found only in ancient languages such as Sanskrit
Neck yourself you fucking retard.

Well there I go fucking up, meant for

Ethiopia used those colors before Lithuania

Is anyone really dumb enough to even think at some point in their life that Albanians, Austrians, Hungarians, or Romanians are Slavs? C'mon man, seriously, what the shit

>There is absolutely no national identity to it
On the contrary, our national identity and patriotism is based entirely on the tricolour and the interwar.
Don't buy into those modernist memes and we wuzing about the GDL.
It's artificial "conservativeness". The only reason why it is so, is because the language was almost entirely reinvented two centuries ago and purged of all its loanwords (which were replaced by entirely new, made up words).

It violates some rule of which colours go well together
Red and green next to each other are famous for how bad they look

>On the contrary, our national identity and patriotism is based entirely on the tricolour and the interwar.
You mean that time period by which you could hardly be called Lithuanian culturally or ethnically? The one where you pretty much pulled a Crimea on Memel and then got cucked into oblivion by both the poles and then the Russians? The shortest lifrspan you had in history? What a fucking joke. Just like the flag.

I like them, they are like forest people from some Tolkien book

>could hardly be called Lithuanian culturally
It's the only period in our history where everyone WAS culturally Lithuanian.
>Lithuanian ethnicity
No such thing. Lithuanians were a sub-tribe of Aukštaitians, they were never a separate ethnicity.
>pretty much pulled a Crimea on Memel
Literally nothing wrong with that.
>cucked into oblivion by both the poles and then the Russians
Losing Vilnius to p*les was the best thing lith nationalism could ever hope for, since it completely and utterly made our polonized upper classes in other cities antagonistic to Poland. Everyone became Lithuanian almost overnight.
The russian thing didn't even happen during the Interwar, and even then the president was smart enough to flee the country, and as such couldn't be used to make the occupation legitimate, unlike in scatvia and Estonia.
>The shortest lifrspan you had in history
The Golden Age of our "culture", tbqh.

Best flag coming through

Niggers. 100% pure sub-saharan African nig-nog.

This. The Lithuanians had the perfect flag to represent themselves on the world stage, shame it was turned down for being too "complex."

Proto-Indians and Lithuanians were the original Yamnaya Aryans fucking dumb ass. We go a long ways and share the same roots, belief systems you Anglo dumbass

Genetically they fall under the Fino/Lithuanian ethnic group so if youre trying to tie them into some group it would be Finish

It's not derived from Sanskrit, it just shares the same kind of archaic features.

Is that Africa?

really fed up with that shitty version tbqh
shame it's considered the default one

Gib Wilno

Finns have mostly Aryan origins

The Latvians and Lithuanians are Baltic peoples, they aren't Slavs but their languages are similar and mostly likely were the same language that split.