Churning

Tell me if this would work or not.
>take out credit card with signup bonus
>charge credit card to Coinbase USD wallet
>send money I charged from the credit card to my bank account
>pay credit card bill with my bank account
>???
>profit
My money just went in a circle and I can get the free flights/cashback/whatever without having to spend money. Did I just come up with an idea that outsmarts the CC company or would it fail?

Yeah dude welcome to credit cards

You're not going to find unlimited sign up bonuses though

I looked into this.

With Coinbase, it treats the charge as a cash advance, and therefore you don't get the sign up bonus.

Why would you even need the signup bonus?

>Get credit card
>Charge $1000 to Coinbase
>Transfer $1000 to bank account
>Pay off credit card

Literally building your credit with their money.

you forgot about the whole paying taxes & fees part

its called a cash advance, welcome to credit cards

Not if you use your CC through paypal. I got hella airline miles from doing this

No it's not. They treat it as a purchase. You can ask customer service on CB if you want. They'll tell you the same thing.

I used this trick for the Sapphire Reserve card back when they had the insane sign up bonus. I had to use accounts in my parents and GFs name just to make the 10k charges.

I'm suprised we have so few churners here. Churning is based and gets you free crap paid at the expense of dumbasses who can't manage debt.

Gonna try this next month

What card will you be getting my friend?

I think the Chase Hilton MC looks real good. along with the Citi AAdvantage MC right now but that's just me. I would apply but my income is trash at the moment and I'm a student so I would probably get denied.
Still have a 750 credit score so I'm. not too upset. I'll lave a kickass job in a few months so I'll be churning real soon.

Do Canadians credit cards reward the customer in "kilometers" instead of "miles"

I don't know.
I'm a student as well, but I recently came into a bit of money so I figured I should get a credit card. I tried looking at stuff but man there's a lot of cards.
Says my credit score is 638 though, pretty bad.

Try a Visa or Mastercard cash back with a sign up bonus. They're the easiest ones to get. Avoid AMEX or Discover because Coinbase doesn't accept those.

if you dont have a big purchase like a car or house coming up in the next couple years, then it will work
however you will tank your credit score into the dirt if you do this, so make sure its worth

why does it ruin credit? is it just the fact that the age of the account is new? I thought that accumulating and paying off credit debt was how it gets raised since it's showing you'll actually give them back their money

Hard inquiries affect for a year and young accounts are in general are even worse. Your credit score will go up to beautiful levels after 2 years though.

The surcharge

gotcha, thank you, my credit is screwed for the next few years because Dept of Edu screwed my loans up, this might be a good way to start building back sooner

So if you do this, then all the hard inquiries will drop the score, but after two years when its removed your credit score will be only left with the good stuff like how you paid off thousands on time, right?

If you have the ability to pay off the balance before the next billing cycle then you can accumulate rewards. Never invest more than you can loose.

Essentially. Even if your not opening up new accounts, keep churning those miles. Free flights are the best flights.

my credit score is like 200 because of being a wageslave and having to pick which bill I payed that month, and which other 3 I let double over until I could ask my parents to pay them off for me.

My grandfather was able to pay his mortgage back in the 70s-80s with a long string of credit cards.

He just got charged the minimal interest, and slowly whittled down the principal. Thereby, living a lush lifestyle.

That was totally not allowed by the banks back then, but they had less of a way of coordinating between themselves and checking to see what you were up to.

Nowadays, that shit would be impossible. And no, not just because they monitor your transactions and credit score better now. You're totally right with saying that crypto can pay things off, anonymously.

The problem is the interest rates have been raised so high, that getting a line of personal credit is just not worth it.

.... maybe with business credit, but you need a company for that, and ~200,000$/yr income.

You're wasting future profits, hold your crypto, and avoid expenses.