How to trade crypto in Australia

Hi anons,

Have ben lurking here for the past few months trying to get my head around crypto and have been keen to start trading, i was wondering if you could share some info with me on what exchanges are the best for the australian market, how simple it is to convert profits back to AUD and withdraw and stuff like this, i was looking through the archive but have found limited information on this subject, any help in regards to pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Coinjar = AUD / BTC exchange
Once you have BTC international boarders don't matter anymore and you can use any exchange you want, personally I use Bittrex and Poloniex.

Aussie too. I only started 2 weeks ago.
I've been buying Bitcoins with AUD here:
independentreserve.com.au

If you do a POLI transfer it happens immediately.

Then transferring that BTC to liqui.io for purchasing the alt coins. No real idea if I'm doing something dramatically wrong...would like to hear about it if this is a dumb way to do it.

Coinjar cuck checking in. Pretty good all round. Link your bank account and bill pay into it.

Coinjar to buy move between fiat and BTC

Bittrex to move between BTC and alts.

Binance, Kraken and Bitfinex to buy alts no available on Bittrex.

Seems to work OK so far. Try to store as little as possible on exchanges.

Australians on whirlpool used to laugh about crypto and now they are stumbling over each other trying to swap their cuck dollars for it.

Yeah Coinjar is the safest bet I've heard, apparently Cointree is another option but verification is annoying. Are there any taxes or other fees when moving BTC --> AUD on Coinjar?

I've dealt with independent reserve. Pricey but I can confirm aud deposits and withdrawals work

Aussies actually have the second largest adoption per capita behind Germany, normies the world over have been slow to get in.

not surprising. They are largely cashed up bogans that used to throw their money into real estate. Now there's something better...

Thanks to everyone for the info,

so when ive accumulated an amount that i feel is sufficient i should store in those wallets you guys speak of, or exchange for fiat?

Love the image lol!!!

Was thinking of starting an exchange where you can trade your crypto for cash. Thoughts?

If you want to try and jump through the multitude of hoops you need to in order to legally start your own online crypto trading exchange, sure

Independent Reserve the easiest to get verified on. Prices are inflated but if you're gonna use IR to liquidate then it doesn't matter. Allows for POLI deposits which means instant transfers from your bank account to IR.

Then use your AUD to buy eth or btc. Create accounts on bittrex and poloniex as these will be the 2 exchanges you use to do majority of your trading. Then split the eth/btc you bought on IR to both these exchanges as you don't want all your positions on one exchange

Enjoy trading and don't fuck up

whirlpool

kill yourself for even browsing that forum

The ATO says you can ignore capital gains if you use

Using Coinspot here. People whine about their fees but they aren't so bad and have improved a lot compared to a few months ago.

Currently I'm pretty sure the only cryptos you can send into Coinspot are BTC, ETH and LTC. I don't know if they will expand the feature to any other coins soon.

They have a great site and great support.

Also jump on the Crypto Australia fb page

You sound like you work with the people from coinspot

Regardless I'd also recommend coinspot, not owned by indians
Only downside is their rates are out of wacked and they're literally charging you hundreds of dollars more if you convert AUD to USD

God bless your soul

Coinjar is good to set up to sell BTC back to cash. Buy BTC with Coinbase. It is consistenly about $100 AUD difference.

anyone have any opinions on coinspot?

Coinspot user here its not bad sometimes their wallets refuse to send but you usually get a cancelled after a few hours unlike other exchanges. I also bittrex for shitcoins and to get my sbd from steemit sometimes. Coinspot is convenient though + easy to use for the beginner

how do I get bitcoins as a leaf?

This is how you buy btc in Australia. Listen up cunts, i was mining btc when it first came out.

Cointree has the 'best' prices but if you don't use poli paymemts it's pointless since itll take 1-2 days to transfer money to the exchange. You can't put in orders so you can't have fiat sitting there.

Independent Reserve, Brighton Peaks and BTC markets are actually the best exchanges and extremely easy to get verified for all. They support bank and poli (lol dumb cunt).

Coinjar and coinspot are cuck tier baby's first btc.

Use changelly or shapeshift for alts