The Crusades

I am looking for more information about The Christian Crusades, googling them only brings up political views about how they were actually ok or the worse thing white people ever did besides the holocaust.

But I am looking for information about what actually happened, the most I know is that Christian soldiers went around slaughtering non Christians 9 or 10 times and it was giving the go ahead by the pope.

But surely there must be more, can someone reccomend me some good books or sites to read about then without any opinions inserted into it?
I just want history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UyRU5afyITE
youtube.com/watch?v=SpVEkH14Jrc&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Crusades by Thomas Asbridge and The Tragedy of the Templars by Michael Haag are both great.

There is a lecture series by Manly P Hall called "Cycle of the Phoenix."
I think about half way through, maybe lecture 5 or 6 he goes into the crusades here and there. I recommend just listening to all of it

It was literally self defense. If any leftard uses "muh crusades" as an argument against Christianity or in defense of islam you should laugh in their face.

The worst thing white people ever did...to white people?
Arabs and shit are white, by the modern metric

Realcrusadeshistory on youtube

YouTube has a great historical community. At first try the videos of alternate history hub. The suggested videos after that will take you to more history channels and videos.

Alt history hub has a series on 'what if the crusades never happened?' No, it's not what it sounds like. Most of the video is actual information on the history of crusades. The rest of the video is Kyle explaining his perception of history without the crusades- which is good to know, as well, if you're gping to study them in depth.

I promise you that finding and watching this video will not be disappointing.

youtu.be/UyRU5afyITE

monks of war, by desmond seward. thank me later.

The same guy did a video on the fourth crusade on his other channel
youtube.com/watch?v=SpVEkH14Jrc&t

It was self defense in thought but aggressive in deed, the crusades were unquestionably a reaction to fears that the byzantine empire was falling, but instead of helping them strike back in anatolia they go and invade land that's been muslim for centuries.

>land that's been muslim for centuries.

Muslim-controlled, not Muslim majority but became a slight majority through the course of the entire Crusades.

>"muh crusades"
are you retarded? people have been using that word since the 18th century at least.

I found a book in the library about the 4th crusade.

Shit was GOAT tier. I mean fucking based Dandolo when into battle in his 80's and he was blind.

How could it be self defense? The Muslims were fighting not only themselves (different empires) but also the remnants of the byzantines. The orthodox Pope requested a small group of elite fighters for his own protection. Instead the Catholic Pope sent a few million peasants, and Knights who were causing problems for European nobility (drinking, fighting, marauding small cities, private armies and mercenaries etc). This request by the orthodox Pope was the perfect reason for the Catholic one to not only get rid of the squalor in Europe, it solidified the Vaticans deteriorating popularity with European nobles /royalty, allowed him to gain massive amounts of land, caused his own power to skyrocket.

The crusades were less about Christianity and more about a greedy individual using religion as an excuse for personal gain.

Actually writing a novel about the fourth crusade. Holy fucking shit I hate Dandolo. I hate him. HATE him. And Prince Alexios was a little twat.

Andronikos Komnenos is a real nigger. Seduces bitches, uses them, has their own kid murder her, throws the corpse figuratively out. Gets a nice gruesome end, too. Montferrat family and Baldwin of Flanders are pretty important to the understanding of the leadership of the Fourth, and how Count Thibault who was originally going to be their leader got murdered at age 20. See at the time, Constantinople was a corrupt whore of a city full of bedwetting sissyboy metrosexuals. But Europe at the time was a backwater shithole full of low-level knuckle-and-iron corruption, real rednecks who had never seen a real civilization. Just a dearth of culture. Venice, now, they're some mighty fucking jewy jews. While the Crusaders were waiting for the ships to be built they chilled in Venice, so the venetians put them on this disease-ridden asshole of a swampy island, overcharged them for everything, practically starved them out by jacking up food prices to levels of extortion, just total dicks.

Also, requisite prequel is the personal feud between Richard the Lionheart and Philip of France. These fuckers, man. Top tier personal rivalry. Richard gets screwed the fuck over and Philip sitting there all smug about it. Saladin is also awesome. Fourth crusade, now, what a trainwreck.

Thats where youre right /thread/. Pop in the Pope trying to expand his influence eastward, and the shit /pol/ meme of "muh self-defense", even though the muslims were attacked by byzantine supported arabs in the ridyah wars and then the byzantines later, and you get retarded /pol/tards

>the most I know is that Christian soldiers went around slaughtering non Christians 9 or 10 times
what

I think he's talking about this argument:
>"another Islamist terror attack? This is gett-"
>"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CRUSADES?!"
Basically deflection. Never mind the fact the crusades happened thousands of years ago and (asides from the fourth, which was just a complete shit-show beginning to end) were completely justified (if poorly planned).

Novel? What's it called? I'd be interested.

The Levant was definetly still majority Christian. Mostly Orthodox and Eastern Christian. Even places like Egypt were still largely Christian.

Arabs are absolutely Caucasian, a lot of people will disagree that they are truly 'white', though.
I mean, I think they are. If Spaniards and the Maltese are white, Arabs should be too.

The Crusades themselves are pretty interesting, just because of how bizarre they really were.

Two basically alien cultures meeting for the first time on the battlefield, only the Byzantines were familiar with both. Heavily armored cavalry and infantry from Latin Europe vs the hit and run Turkic horse archers from the Muslim East, completely different to the Greek fighting style.

The result was basically a bloodbath for both sides, while the Greeks tried minimal casualty hit and run tactics using cataphracts, similar to their adversaries.

Crusaders
>HYUCK DESU VOLT THE POPE SAID IT. TAKE JERUSALEM ALEXIOOOS GIB FUNDS WE GON BEAT UP EVERYONE FROM HERE TO THE HOLY LAND
Byzantines
>Fine, have some gold, we'll provide support into Anatolia too, all I want is my lands back, you can fuck off to the Levant and do whatever. Just tell your men to stop shitting in my potted plants
Crusaders
>LOOK MA I'M DOING A SIEGE WHADDUP OOH TOOK A CITY OOH TOOK ANOTHER OOH TOOK ANTIOCH
Byzantines
>About those lands you agreed to give back to me..
Crusaders
>What lands.

Working title is The Kingdom of Merchants. Can't say if it'll get published, though I can always hope. Gonna be about 4 months until it's finished anyway.

...Dude. Arabs are semites. Persians are arguably Aryan. They aren't the same.

>if these people who literally live in europe are white, then people on an entirely different subcontinent are also white

While we're at it, let's call Chinese white, by your logic.

Dandolo did exactly ZERO things wrong

The levant was as byzantine as anatolia.

by the way you write i can already tell your ""novel"" is going to be awful

You want me to write finished, edited novel-quality posts...for 4chinz? kys

I mean, other than sacking Constantinople.