Whats wrong with arianism?

whats wrong with arianism?

I donĀ“t know the theological details, but apparently Jews supported it.

/thread

It misses the point of John's gospel, and overwhelmingly destroys both soteriology amd eucharistic theology.

Also, it was largely championed by smelly visigoths over and against the legitimate religion of the roman state.

Jewish Christians were adoptionists.

The only pattern that can be discerned is that everything out of the dominion of the Roman state such as Gnosticism, Nestorianism, Miaphysitism, and Catharism was persecuted under the accusation of heresy.

We must oppose these Heresies unto our lord Sata-I mean the other one

Over and over in the Gospels, not just John's Gospel but all four of them, Jesus is equated to God. The Son is put on the same level as the Father. Therefore he can't be a creature, because a creature cannot be on the same level as its creator.

It can if it's better. When Robots become better than us, you'll eat your words.
Jesus also refers to his Father as an other and arguably as a Greater, so your point isn't solid.

When Jesus says salvation is through him, he could mean that he is a conduit to the Will of the Father.

>Over and over in the Gospels, not just John's Gospel but all four of them, Jesus is equated to God
Proofs?

>When Robots become better than us, you'll eat your words.
Someone recently watched Alien the Covenant.

Honestly, the action scenes ruined it.

tru dat

NOTHING.

>Also, it was largely championed by smelly visigoths over and against the legitimate religion of the roman state.
The Romans were mainly Arian until Theodosius's reign

No it doesn't.
Stop memeing.

Arianism was BTFO theologically at Nicea. Arius himself was so BTFO that he literally shited his guts out. This is end of an antichrist for ya.
Lucifer was not equaled with Devil until KJVautism started.
And that's Petrine cross.

Arianism is more polytheistic than the Trinity

thats less polytheistic actualy, only god is god in that set up, the spirit is a force or medium and the son is a creation

They lost.

More like coercion and force quashed facts and reason again.

Nothing Jesus isn't God but a normal human being as you and me

A Vandal magister with known Arian tendencies was holding a symposium in honour of Demophilus, a known schismatic.
"Before the toasts begin, you must get on your knees and worship God and accept that he was the most divine entity the ecumene has ever known, even greater than Christus whom he created!"

At this moment, a venerable Praepositus Limitis who had served on the frontiers for decades and understood the necessity of taming the Barbaricum and fully supported the creed promulgated by the great Constantinus rose from his couch and held up a crucifix.

"Who does this represent?"

The Rhenian cur smirked quite devilishly and smugly replied "the created child of an indivisible God"

"You miss the point. Jesus Christ our Dominus is of the same substance as God and thus equal to Him."

The heretic was visibly shaken, and dropped his wine krater and copy of Eusebius' Onomastikon. He stormed out of the banquet hall crying those laetus crocodile tears. The same tears Donatists and Priscillians cry for the "poor" (who today are so holy that saints vie to kiss their feet) as they flee Roman territory to the outrage-committing Bacaudae in Armorica. There is no doubt that at this point the "learned" Vandal wished he had studied the work of the Holy Apostles and become more than a ludicrous teacher of rhetoric. He wished so much that he had a spatha to disembowel himself with due to the shame but he had sold all the city's arms for Gaiseric's ransom pay!

The partygoers politely clapped and all ceased their apostasy that day and accepted Jesus as the true Son of God. An divine light suddenly shone into the room and blazed upon the bust of Augustine and the statue wept miraculously. The Nicene Creed was recited, and Jesus Monogenes himself descended and banished the barbarians to the hellish wastes beyond the limes.

The magister lost his tongue and was castrated the following day. He was exiled to Troesmis, far from from God's Light.

Praise Jesus Consubstantialis

Yes moronic slander and violence are always a deciding force in what's correct.

>religion focused on monotheism becomes a cult of a man

whoa

>Jesus is omnipotent and all knowing.

>Only the Father knows the hour of Judgement.

Pick one.

>Not knowing typology
>Not knowing essence

>Not being able to explain almighty God the Creator and Sustainer of the worlds to a child.

Most adults can't comprehend the trinity, much less children. Are they going to hell because they didn't understand the trinity?

Children can't understand Wisdom to begin with.

I love this format. The original still makes me burst out laughing.

Anyone have more like this?

>Children can't understand Wis...

Psalms 8:2, "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength"

You know what is fun to do? Ask a random Christian on the street try to explain the trinity and watch as they fail to utterly and typically describe deity in a modalist manner. I bet only one in 10 Christians could actually explain the trinity in an orthodox non heretical manner, are they all going to hell?

No, it just means they are incapable at the moment of leading a herd.
I haven't personally read Irenaeus "against heresies"

"Hereupon therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he did not only break the sabbath, but also said God was his Father, making himself equal to God. " John 5:18

>You have to believe in the triune God to be saved from eternal damnation.

>Most Christians don't understand the rudimentary aspects of the trinity.

>But they are still somehow saved.

The first commandment is there for a reason guys.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

Here it is again.

And lets read it again one more time for good measure.

Joh 5:30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me."

>Jesus is Go...

"I can of Myself do nothing."

>/threading your own comment

Is there no better metaphor for neonazi thick headedness folks?

>Verily I say to you, that unless ye be converted, and become like children, ye will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

I guess because they say Jesus the son is the logos.
Which is already complicated and highly philosophical and metaphysical.

It's only complicated because they are trying to justify something that is illogical. Three is not one. Just as if someone said God is seven persons in one essence which composes God. Going by the same principle trinitarians would have no issue with God being one million persons united in one essence.

God is one, not two or three or four.

>Person
So God is tied down to the individual?

I don't understand what you are asking. I am saying that the trinitarian christian belief is that God is three persons united in one essence. They claim that three persons are united in one essence so believing God is three separate and distinct entities ("united in essence") is still monotheism in this view.

But going by the same principles I am stating that hypothetically if someone read the scriptures and decided that God is actually 4 persons united in one essence that would still be perfectly acceptable according to this methodology of identifying the nature of deity. The same could apply to someone who believes that deity is composed of one million persons united in one essence. But of course that defies human comprehension and reeks of idolatry. But trinitarians have repeated a similar statement by claiming God is composed of three persons so many times it has actually become acceptable to them.

What is your predisposition?
What is your belief?

>No, salvation has to be exclusive or else I don't feel special enough

Is that a reference to innocence or wisdom?

A monarchist Lutheran Prussian Junker Kriegspiel-playing professor and Heer veteran was teaching a class on Kaiser Wilhelm II, a known G*rman.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Wilhelm and accept that he led the highest-evolved nation the world has ever known, even greater than the Roman Empire!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, Mars-fearing Roman citizen who had slain 1500 G*rmanic barbarians and understood the necessity of expansion and fully supported the Imperator stood up and held up a rock.

"Where is this rock from?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite perfidiously and smugly replied "The geographically-superior Ruhr valley, you stupid neanderthal rape baby."

"Wrong. It's a rock from a Rhine river valley quarry used to make a road in Trevorum. If it was from Germania like you said it was... why were Romans able to cut it?"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Wagner's Ring cycle. He stormed out of the room crying those G*rman crocodile tears. The same tears G*rmans cry for the "euroskeptics" (whose economy is now far better than the EU combined). There is no doubt that at this point our professor, Maximilihelm von Bergensteindorf, wished he had enlisted in the legions and become more than a Prussian aristocrat. He wished so much that he had a pole to hang himself frum, but he himself had partitioned them!

The students applauded and all enslaved themselves to a patrician that day and accepted Jupiter as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Teutoberg never happened" flew into the room and perched atop the standard and shed a tear on the chalk. Caesar's commentary on the Gallic Wars was read several times, and Mars himself showed up and burned down Irminsul.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of a ballista wound and was sent to the depths of Tartarus for all eternity.

Vae victis

I don't know but it kind of lessens the focus on it.