Obsidian

Currently in its ICO. Honestly for me this is the most attractive upcoming ICO for the year - I think this will gain a lot of attention when people realise what they're doing, and so far I've barely seen a whisper of it on Veeky Forums.

Recommended buy, more than 0x.

Disclaimer: I've bought Obsidian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiFun3B5Rx8&feature=youtu.be
briarproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So why would a normie start chatting with this shit?

This

If you want user conversations just use Telegram? Or some easy TOR service.

isn't this what IOC Is doing but way worse... lol

IOC product comes out in less than a month...

youtube.com/watch?v=MiFun3B5Rx8&feature=youtu.be

I think there's enough growing weariness and dissatisfaction with the current state (and lack) of privacy in online communication for this to be a profitable mobile app even among normies.

I'm under no illusion that this is likely to take out WhatsApp, or messenger - and the majority are still, and will be, happy to sign over lack of privacy in return for convenience. Enough, though, are uncomfortable enough with that for me to think, again, that it could survive profitably as a standard mobile app.

Other than that, buying drugs and shit.

pretty cool mane, thanks
just bought 100k

jk havent bought but looks pretty interesting, snapchat with a twist, which is you can be an investor too now! :D XD

29.4 million, gurateed 4 dollar coin brahs

ya'll niggas strat is slowly failing into nothing.. and u trying to invest in something that implements it... strat don't even work yet... there value keeps dropping... dis nigga retarded

its just a peer2peer messenger. they use stratis codebase to run and pay there network nodes. so you have to pay for EACH single message. (in obsidian) there is only one dev which is in his first month of blockchain programming.

just go for: briarproject.org/

Disclaimer: i almost invested in it and had a long talk with the devs in slack to find out everything they are doing

difference is IOC Has mexican president of IBM on the team...

I see 3 devs and 2 software engineers on the Obsidian website...

Politicians

CEOs

Narcos

People living in oppressive regimes

Think about all the people who would be interested I'm this...

IOC's messaging is actual shit. The Devs themselves don't even recommend using it. It's just a PC shitcoin, I looked at the code it it honestly looks like three weeks of work. Furthermore Obsidian gets an iPhone/Android app

A reminder that you're buying into a blockchain platform, not just a messenger app.

The difference lies in the decentralization aspect. If you use Telegram, Signal, or WeChat, you're still relying on centralized servers. With the Obsidian messaging app though, there are no servers. 99% of the nodes could be taken down yet the system could still function.

It's just way more secure.

That's integrated into their wallet. This is a standalone application with a focus on privacy. Plus, it'll most likely get on mobile phones.

Different audiences, not necessarily in competition.

If you read the slack, then you know that casual users *don't* have to pay anything. Power users do (as an anti-spam measure), but even then the price of each text is $0.000023 or so. If that amount worries you, then I suggest you reconsider how you measure money.

*Former* Mexican President of IBM. On the advisory board.

And Obsidian has the core developer of Monero as an advisor.

so IOC or Obsidian what's the winner?

How does it compare to status.im?

Yes

Also IOC project devs leaked that the fucking Obsidian devs were literally copy-pasting code from other sources

don't buy this shitcoin

Obsidian. And it's not even close. They created their messenger without an ICO. Their ICO is for a platform. IOC took more time to create a shittier version of something Obsidian created and released already.

obisidian because having "coin" in the name is so 2015

i guess Obsidian is the winner.

They're not even competitors DESU. Every time Obsidian get some brought up the IOC bag holder come in with

>b-but we can send a message with our hobby coin too

There is no winner because these two are not in the same league. Obsidian is new Lambo and IOC is a 2001 mustang. Why even compare? Oh right, them bags heavy

You just know this comment is written by indian scum just by reading it. I am Indian by the way.