Psychedelics

Psychedelics anyone?

Childish and unnecessary. Like a baby watching a mobile spin above his crib and thinking it's the universe.

>not manipulating your cognition to see its own fallibility firsthand

Mail me some.

Ok if you need it. You could just dehydrate yourself for similar effects. Or any number of other experiences.

>said the naive normie who has obviously never done any psychedelics.

The likelihood that our ancient ancestors experimenting with cannabis and magic mushrooms (both historically attested through grave finds and legends, at least in Eurasia) led to early religions and cults is high. The Indo-Iranians had soma, either cannabis, mushrooms or could be harmala or ephedra (the latter of which is not hallucinogenic, but gets your heart pumping). In South America, various highly-alkaline plants exist, not to mention coca although it's not psychedelic. In Central America, you've got plenty of trippy toads and cacti. The ancient Greeks would get high huffing on natural gas. Basically, any pre-industrial society that had access to psychedelics and knew of their usage, WOULD use them.

Humans have been using psychedelics for thousands and thousands of years. It's a worthy topic, and a good change from the usual shitposting of Veeky Forums.

So who here has experience with psychedelics?

I've done shrooms, and I've got 9 lophophora williamsii in a pot waiting for a good day (although I've had them so long, I'd feel almost bad harvesting them).

And before anyone says shit, I work a professional job 9-5, 34 years old, married. My colleagues wouldn't believe it if I told them that I even smoke pot from time to time, that's how 'normie' an environment I'm in.

LSD last Saturday. Felt like an insect or a plant for most of the day, just wanted to lay in the grass and look at geometric patterns.

no thats not it

dont play with that too much, any of it, anything psychedelic has real longterm effects in one way or another

take them at peace and possibly alone or with someone you trust, its actualy best if you start with medium doses, that way you see the full effect of the thing at least but it wont blow you away

no one ever said its going to be a plesant experience, you just observe and lay back till you get it figured out the first couple times

eventualy its most usefull to take a large dose once a year, or smaller doses every so many months, if it becomes frequent youre starting to play with defaults of how you feel and percieve things and things can disfunction, so its not realy something you want to do on a recreational basis

this goes for any and all psychedelics, halucinogens, disociatives, whatever

Your ancestors have been dying for poisoning too. Also just recently our ancestors have been dying from lung cancer and liver diseases.

Is this post bait?

People say you have to be surrounded by friends in a good mood and that.

>tfw haven't got any

>put yourself in genuine danger or bang a tab and wait an hour

Hmmm really makes you think

Try www.erowid.com

Also I tried nutmeg this weekend and it was pretty great

I hate to lift the curtains so dramatically on you on this point bud, but: people have been dying, period, since forever.

There is no (practical) lethal dose to cannabis, psilocybin shrooms, and most other trippy alkali-containing plants (or toads, if properly processed, for that matter). That is, what are commonly called entheogens.

Now, modern stuff made in a lab can be different. But that's obviously not the stuff the ancients played with. Synthesized DMT and LSD, for example, do not have lethal doses at even the higher levels of recreational/therapeutic doses. If you took a heroic dose like 100 times the normal, sure you'd probably go nuts and have a heart attack or stop breathing or some shit, but alcohol, sugar or tobacco can do the same. Disassociative drugs like PCP are not psychedelics.

I mean, it's in theory possible if you're 85 and have a shitty heart, the stuff you see so amazes you get a heart attack. But that's not the substance itself.

I did shrooms alone my first time. Be in a good frame of mind, don't watch horror movies or listen to depressing music, and don't do a huge dose. You'll be all right. I don't like tripping around too many other people, desu. My wife will sit me sometimes, which is great 'cause she barely even drinks. You don't want your only other sitter to be tripping too, just in case.

>lethal doses
>inb4 EVERYTHING HAS A LETHAL DOSE
Just to clarify, my point is that in typical usage settings, traditional psychs are not in and of themselves lethal. If you wanted to kill yourself with massive doses or by doing some crazy bathsalts-type shit on enormous overdoses, it's possible with some things.

>safe and reliable methods for altering consciousness with psychoactive compounds exist but I prefer depriving my body of basic needs like water or food just so I can say I didn't use 'drugs'

I was in a good mood and surrounded by friends. I still had a bad trip and saw some pretty awful shit that would have fucked me up if I didn't know how to deal with it. Ultimately, you're the only one that knows what's going on in your head and if bad things are likely to show up or not. But if you're a person that has a history of mental illness (especially depression), or the possibility of it happening because of your family, it's probably not worth the risk.

Yep. Basically, psychedelics reach deep in to your mind, pull out all the shit you're avoiding dealing with and shove it right in your face saying "the fuck is this, huh?". At least, at their worst, that's what they're doing... it's all in your own head using imagery sourced from YOUR OWN thoughts. You have to keep that in mind and be able to digest it.

At their best, it's all colours and shapes and the happy elves and the deepest euphoria of 'oneness' and interconnectedness and shit that you've ever felt.

Often it's a bit of both, from one scene to the next. YMMV.

I have schizophrenia and some other mental illness in the family (dad's side, an uncle and other various older relatives). My dad is slightly OC (serious junk hoarding) as it is. So there's definitely something in the genes... Despite being interested since my early teens, I was kinda afraid to try anything beyond pot until my late 20s. Have done since then, and I'm pretty sane and 'normie' in a lot of ways. Since I generally keep my psychedelic use private (only my wife and couple friends know), most of my friends and even family wouldn't believe it if I told them. My point is just that you don't have to 'be' some crusty vegan restaurant employee to go on trips.

I've done DMT (only once), acid, and mushrooms. Foxy and salvia, too. Foxy didn't feel psychedelic at all, though... K is way more trippy. Is foxy even really considered a psychedelic?

I've done acid the most, many times. I've done shrooms a handful of times but 90% of the time I have a really brutal, bad trip so I avoid them. I have emotional dysregulation and shrooms send me for a fucking loop

Acid is so much fucking fun and has enabled me to work through a bunch of personal shit that I was either unable to/unwilling to confront otherwise. Yay acid

Your argument of supporting consumming shit is incoherent, ancient people have done million things, and that is not a reason to do it, faggot.

Deal with it.