C++ is shit

C++ is shit.
What are good crypto to invest in whose core is not written in c++ nor a fork of bitcoin?
Don't tell POW based crypto like ETH because POW is shit too.
I know there is skycoin that fit my criteria but is there more?

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=go&lang2=node
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ETH and MCO if you want to rich, that's all you need to know for the time being.

>C++ is shit
lmao

Lmao

LMAO

WAIT YOU ARE SERIOUS

AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

>>JavaScript
>>Lisk fork
JavaScript is slow for blockchains. It isn't a performance language. Also ark is a fork of lisk, why should them be valued over the original creator that made their blockchain?

I want to invest in good projects. ETH is bloated and not very decentralized. I don't know about MCO though. Also ETH have some shady things goin on.

You're a fucking idiot, all the best software is written in C++

>POW is shit
That's really one of the only interesting things about this shit.

lies, everyone knows the best software is written in perl

ANT (Aragon).

Or check out MNE if you're feeling gutsy.

C++ is a big legacy language that is stemming its popularity from that. Objectively it is powerful but it is such a message that there are better alternatives. Notably golang. Btw I am not the only one criticizing c++. Many figures of programming do too.

I will see about that.

Inefficient. Power hungry. Not very decentralizion centered. Even ETH wants to switch to POS. POW is utter shit.

Literally every coin is a fork of BTC which is written in C++.

Other than that you have tokens, which are just abstract garbage on top of a network which is built on a fork of BTC which is written in C++.

This

Proof of work is the only thing that actually keeps blockchain cool is because it can mean pretty much anything and any work can be recorded, and all value is immutable. You could make a children's exchange on a bancor token and make it so that children using the exchange to learn crypto is a form of mining based on transactions completed, and do PoW that way. PoS is pretty much just dividends, because nobody making dividends is usually selling anyways, and un-staking is zero opportunity cost. PoS is a complete record of all value entering the system and automatically rewards, it doesn't have to be literally just "let your computer run and weigh profits vs cost of power and initial investment" as some people think

You could also have computers inside Ubers, and have those cars clock work based on GPS distance travelled on fare, and reward drivers with Uberbux as a percentage of earnings, and then Under users could spend Uberbux for whatever. I don't fucking know, get creative with it.

*such a mess

You are delusional. Mass adoption can't happen with POW. POW is the darkness in blockchain. Go learn more about blockchain programming.

PoW is the only way a coin has any lasting value. It's value derived from the cost of the equipment and maintenance required to produced it.

PoS is just free money poofing into existence. It has no value. It's a scam designed to trick idiots into wanting to hold bags, with said bags usually being the developers' 99% premine.

ETH is a fork of ETC, why should them be valued over the original creator that made their blockchain?

PoS is perfect for Ethereum, PoW perfect for Bitcoin

You just proved you don't understand neither crypto nor currencies.
People are the intrasic value of any currency. It is the use that matters.
POW is an utter waste of performance, the biggest in history and is totally bad for performance and usability. If ETH wants to go away from POW, it is no wonder. Please come back later.

IOTA not a bitcoin fork also not blockchain. tangle tech

but people believe in PoW more then in PoS, and PoS is not perfect either, don't glorify it so much

Tezos.

Rather than call me delusional and tell me to do my research, how about you put the same amount of effort into explaining it in a reasonably digestible manner?

Perhaps you're thinking about some logistic about proof of work and its implementation, I'm thinking strictly about quantifying value, immutably recording, and rewarding as a primary function of the blockchain. That's what proof of work is to me.

>golang
golang is a scripting language that happens to be compiled and is terribly inefficient in comparison to C/C++, what the fuck do you want a coin written in that for, might as well write one in python and ruby while you're at it

>POW is an utter waste of performance, the biggest in history and is totally bad for performance and usability.

BITCOINS PoW is a waste of energy because of the arbitrary difficulty exponential growth and arbitrary algorithms. Without mining, bitcoin can't move around, so one would think that making bitcoin more difficult to move would be counterintuitive. Allegedly Satoshi has said that based on computer power growth, PoW btc mining is sustainable. But that doesn't make it a useful process, because there is so much wasted work happening.

I O T A

Except NEO, which is written in C# and is in fact the superior blockchain.

There is more than POS & POW. There is a few more alternatives, the best probably being the consensus of skycoin.

I saw that but I didn't understand it fully. Care to explain? Also what language is it written in?

Nope it is using eth.

You are crazy. Golang is far more fast than python or Ruby. It isn't a scripting language at all. It just aims to have the same simplicity. Ethereum is written in golang you know. Wake up.

Bitcoin is already depreciated tech wise. There are much better altcoins tech wise. Thankfully POW is dying.

No.
I looked up the source code of over 200 altcoins. There is mostly BTC forks but there is a few alts written in go, c#, scala, Java and JavaScript.
Do your research.

>It just aims to have the same simplicity.
>scripting language
>simplicity

Scripting languages don't aim for simplicity, they aim for good scripting features, obviously.

Work is not value. It doesn't matter if you dig a hole or fill one in if nobody wanted it in the first place. It's just an incentive to get more people to enforce the ledger but ended up centralizing it around a few farms instead.

>proof of work is dying

Press S to spit on POWs grave

But scripting is easy high level stuff. Golang is not a scripting language. It allows low level programming and is compiled to binary. It just aims to be easy to learn and use like a scripting language, in contrary to complicated c++ and the likes.

S

This. In addition of that, it makes things slow, expensive and is a total waste of time, ressources.

Hyperledger and MS Azure. No reason whatsoever for any company to adapt to shit like IOTA when they can literally shit out their own blockchain

which coins are written in javascript?

Scripting just means it's suited to small automation tasks, it has nothing to do with whether it's easy to use, allows low level programming or is compiled to binary, bytecode or machine code.

All languages (except joke ones like Intercal) aim to be easy to use (otherwise they would just wilfully waste the programmer's time), but certain languages fail spectacularly at that aim.

Lisk. Also a fork of Lisk called Ark.

>c++ is shit
ignorance at its finest folks, ignorance at its finest.

It is not because your car works that it is a good car. C++ is powerful but a mess. Do you really want a mess as a codebase for a worldwide blockchain?

>Nope it is using eth.

What's that supposed to mean?

My bad sorry! I confounded Tezos with EOS. Actually I forgot about Tezos, thanks.

Only brainlets think their toy languages are better than c++

But to answer your question, byteball

>he thinks normies care about this

Haskell!

>golang
Are you fucking serious? You could have said literally anything else.... fuck this cancerous board.

Normies will care if it works or not. Long term wise only the best tech works. I am not a day to day shitcoin trader.

C++ is a mess.
>>Byteball
I saw it but I am afraid that a JavaScript blockchain will be slow af in terms of tx/s. JavaScript isn't really a performance language.

Ethereum uses golang.
IBM blockchain uses golang.
Skycoin uses golang.
Google uses golang.
C++ is a legacy mess.
Go ahead, enlighten us Mr genius.

you are retarded.

Qualitative contribution! Thank you for your time!

>It is not because your car works that it is a good car.

You can a confortable fuel efficient car with all the features you need, or a trashcan on wheels that just get you from A to B.
That is the point.

You don't need to send your private key with every transaction on ark's network. Lisk on the other hand...

>PoW is shit
spoken like a true poorfag
keep mining on your laptop kid, maybe one day it'll moon enough that your decimal place will matter

Alright but I don't get it why someone would develop a blockchain in fucking javascript. There are far faster languages out there. Javascript is a scripting language, that is a joke for a blockchain imo.

blockchains are inherently slow by nature.

why would shaving a few millisecond of time matter ?/

please enlighten me

Nice bait.
You know what it is worse than being a poorfag? Being intellectually a poorfag. Basically not having enough brain matter. Your advocating of PoW just proved you understand nothing about blockchain tech. Wake up.

No blockchains don't have to be slow. Go look at skycoin for example.
Also blockchains must be the fastest, because if it is not the case there will never be mass adoption.
If the blockchain core design is bad in performance, at the exact moment the public will try to use it, it will get bloated and prevent its use.
Inb4 lightning network
That is only helping wheels. The core codebase must be fast in any case, either it will compensate its lack of speed with centralization making it a govcoin.

>Also blockchains must be the fastest, because if it is not the case there will never be mass adoption.

bitcoin is slow.

You mean to know your shit so I'm asking you a question that may seem stupid: What language do you recommend learning to do algorithms/create bots? And what do most websites use as a languages for their API?

Yeah, blame the language and not the programmers, fucking leftist.

I don't believe in Bitcoin. I think the future is in alts.

Lmao you know nothing. Not all programming languages are the same nor equal. Stop pushing your communist view retard. You see a bus is very useful but if you need speed, you would take a lambo. No matter the driver, the bus ain't gonna transform into a lambo. i'm sorry for your bags user.
In the end you would still blame the programmer to not have chosen the adequate language, not the other way around.
Try doing very low level system programming with javascript you fool.

For algo/bots use what you are comfortable to use. The language here doesn't matter much I think. Although some may be easier to use, like python or go.

>>And what do most websites use as a languages for their API?
Any trendy frameworks memes in python, ruby or javascript most of the time. Seems like the new cool guys use elixir or go though.
The best is that you google it, these are not my sectors so I'm not the most knowledgeable.

why would u need low level system programming to make a coin?

plus isn't nodejs super fast? plus u get all the network infrastructure and packages, as well as front end back end synergy and scalability ...
its really the browser thats slow, is it not?
i mean , speed between languages vary by milliseconds....

>>i mean , speed between languages vary by milliseconds....
You mean seconds.
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=go&lang2=node
That's all you need to know. No matter how comfy you are in terms of features, if it is performance critical (cryptocurrency is), you are going to want to something that can wrote low level compiled code. Basically what javascript is not. It is not randomly that Bitcoin and its forks were written in C++/C.
I also saw good stuff in go with Golang and to some extent ethereum as it is written in Go (I don't like ETH though).

yes,

trillions of millisecond differentials added up over a long enough time will combine to an equivalent of seconds...

i'm becoming more confident that you dont' have a complete understanding of what causes cryptos like bitcoin to be slow.
do you ?

everyweb browser runs on javascript unless it has been hacked or pushed thru a framework including banks

C++ is shit?

Why is C++ shit, please explain in detailed technical terms you degenerate normie

*runs javascript .

but yes, any non trivial browser application is empowered by javascript , is it not?

Let me make this clear to you before you offend me anymore than I can take on an emotional level

C++ is not shit, it is the best programming language. Learn to template metaprogramming and it is the best of the BEST of the programming languages

Bitcoin has software design problems. It is not a problem of the language. C++ is fast af.

>>everyweb browser runs on javascript (s-so it must be good for blockchains)
With something as critical as blockchain, long term wise for a cryptocurrency it is not wise to use a scripting language. You need a compiled language that permits fine low levels tweaks and concurrency. Something along the lines of C++ or Go for instance. It talks for itself as 95% of the current blockchains are written in either of these two.

You're just a stupid poser with double digit IQ. A bad driver will always be a bad driver regardless of whether or not he drives a bus, a truck, or a coupe. An incompetent programmer will always be incompetent programmer no matter what language he chooses.

oh yea,

and yesc/c++ is closet to the metal , therefore most trustworthy and fast

and GO is for fucking faggots. as is python.

I develop Python for a living and haven't touched C++ since my uni days but claiming C++ is shit because it's "legacy" is really missing the point of the language -- speed and optimization.

It is powerful but a complete mess to develop in or to maintain. The language is so big that there tons of different ways of writing in it. For such a big and long term blockchain project, I couldn't advocate in favor of this messy mammoth. There are other languages that fit the task more elegantly. No wonder that Ethereum choose to use Go.

hello grandpa

javascript is just fine for blockchain, there is absolutely nothing close to the metal that needs to be tweaked to confirm merkle roots and transfer messages over a network .

i believe you still have a fundamental misunderstand of what causes the bitcoin network to be slow.

>>muh close to metal
let's all write in assembly then haha

It is powerful but a damn mess. Try to not get sentimental because it is the truth.

>javascript is just fine for blockchain,
uhm... no sweety... the same design flaws in javascript are what causes solidty and the entire ethereum ecosystem to be so shitty.

Mess to develop in or maintain? C++ template metaprogramming makes it easy to verify that your changes are correct. It's like a very light form of pre-emptive formal verification built into the language itself

You people just don't understand C++, work in industry on it for a few years on high performance systems that require utmost reliability and consistency in runtime behavior and you'll realize how powerful C++ is, especially templates and the standard template library (STL), and if not the STL then at the very least the STL's design patterns.

Bitcoin biggest weakness is POW.
No javascript isn't fine. It will never compare to C++ or Go. A fast and responsive network is a requirement and javascript will be a pain when it gets to consumer adoption levels.

everybanks website in the world in at mass consumer adoption levels.

have u ever coded a block chain?
if not just shut up cause i have .
ill genuinely listen harder
but i get the feeling your just running your mouth at this point.
there is no "design" differences doing it in C++ or javascript .

its all at the discretion of the developer, and there will always be exploitable code given enough brute force hacking .

Look, clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Do you even know the differences between javascript and C++? There "ARE" design differences because security is inherently difficult in Javascript because it is so far abstracted from the metal.

ok so no. ill assume that because you avoided the question.
you have never coded a block chain.
, pretty sure u would be bragging about your protocool.
thats fine. good to know
but you and me cant talk anymore about this.
{"0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000":{"block":{"coinbase":" ","count":0,"difficulty":10,"hash":"0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000","merkleRoot":"60e05bd1b195af2f94112fa7197a5c88289058840ce7c6df9693756bc6250f55","minable":100000000,"notes":"this is the genesis hash. ","owner":"SJ3x9k09ligt3KYKwMAtsFX791y1","smartContract":"empty","timeStamp":"2017-08-13T06:29:57.377Z"}},"t26kegvi2rhqsmk077k7lubi6nl00wvwz8hq3os6evdtlbkmilszk4btmy6cx5l3":{"block":{"coinbase":"","count":1,"difficulty":1,"hash":"t26kegvi2rhqsmk077k7lubi6nl00wvwz8hq3os6evdtlbkmilszk4btmy6cx5l3","merkleRoot":"62861392757a85af43dda9a59e0ce35b2ab634efb2272496ac4bc8accb9cfd82","minable":99999999,"miner":"SJ3x9k09ligt3KYKwMAtsFX791y1","nonce":"?","notes":" ","previousBlockHash":"0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000","reward":26,"smartContract":"empty","timeStamp":"2017-08-13T06:29:58.325Z"}},"tzqhhgzv7ltlfctjgxtd2na0gta93u0rf2eqfb076ob458xbesewq6ltjjc8fzag":{"block":{"coinbase":"","count":2,"difficulty":1,"hash":"tzqhhgzv7ltlfctjgxtd2na0gt
heres some of my BC in JS

just as secure and functional as any other blockchain if not more, since i am a beast with JS and can add greater functionality

Jesus christ man. There are JSON parsers and serializers for C++.

I assume you've written a blockchain related program in Javascript and are feeling proud and stuff, but C++ is an objectively better programming language sorry

>comparing javascript websites with a working and efficient blockchain wrote in c++

Hahahah guys we spotted the javascript pajeet.

At some point you'll have to learn why there is many different programming languages.

>but C++ is an objectively better programming language sorry

depends on what you are trying to do .
i champion C/C++ more than anyone but

you cannot realistically code a webpage in C++ so...

javascript is the rational language to do web dev in.

but you dont code anything of non-trivial import and have certainly never developed a block chain so we shouldn't even be talking ,fuck i hate roleplayers.

at least i know u are a clueless moron now.
fuck off and reconsider your life please.

C++ is obviously not the be all and end all of computer programming if u cannot program the biggest technological advancement in the world with it...its great but shit. stop talking out your ass.

also you stupid roleplaying faggot fuck.
i am certified in every major programming language and have obviously coded more than anyone else in this thread combined.

fuck off now.

pajeet calm down, it's ok to not understand everything

certified in every language u have heard of

leaving this cesspool of ignorance now to do actual dev work. have fun with your troll play

>>certified in every language u have heard of
you surely is certified in poo in the loo programming, pajeet

OP is a faggot, clearly a beginner. C++ is a low-level bare metal language. Go is faster if you compared it with javascript or python. But C/C++ is still number 1 at efficiency and full control.

Certified? What the fuck are you talking about? "Certified" by who?

Please give a cost benefit analysis of C++ vs. Javascript or it's obvious you're talking out of your ass

Bitcoin is soooo overhyped. Any PoW based coin is doomed to die off. Intel and Microsoft currently working on a new blockchain based tech - and ofc like all new coins (EOS, NEO, ETH soon etc), they go PoS. Bitcoin miners will never ever allow PoS so longterm BTC is dead.

you're thinking of Java, btw.

certified by accredited learning institutions.
also lurk more.