Menstruation huts

how did so many cultures independently arrive upon this concept? These thots must have been ETERNAL to have people of various colors deciding to exile bleeding women

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are volatile forces in menstrual fluids that aren't completely understood so they have to be set apart for the duration. Ethiopian Christianity doesn't allow one to go into a church during menstruation or for a period after sexual intercourse also. Probably inherited this from pre-Christian Judaic tradition but other peoples in the region have similar customs along with the known genital mutilation.

NO
HOMO
but the vagina is conceptually gross. The penis is a far better organ objectively speaking

>easy to clean
>simpler
>very low maintenance

Penises start off as clits in fetuses.

You have to keep the menstruating women separate from everyone else because vagina blood unleashes toxic fumes that attract locusts and having the menstruating woman walk around too much can set off a chemical reaction that creates fire.

Yeah I love my dick. Holy shit I love all dicks.

Dick
Dick
Dick

How does that contradict anything he said?

It's like saying "apples are delicious" "nigga you ever eaten apple seeds they're gross"

I agree.

>no qt gf to set my nemesis' fields on fire

>walk into living room
>Dad is on the couch
>Dad, why are you sleeping here?
>Hey, wanna leave the house for the day? Play catch? Get ice cream?
>Dad, why are you doing this
>Dad, you're being weird
>Please

Because it was seen as impure/ gross?
Have you seen a used pad or tampon before? Have you smelled it, particularly on a girl who doesn't shower much? I have had the displeasure of meeting a few gross girls actually. I have to shower more than once when mine comes on to feel clean.
Without modern hygiene and disposable sanitary pas/tampons, I can see how it must have been pretty gross and messy to deal with.
They used only cloths that had to be rewashed or thrown away(if they had the money probably).
Of course, this was all still an exaggeration because people, particularly men, did not understand women well.

What are you even are you talking about? Sauce?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochia

menstrual fluid is considered spiritually powerful/dangerous/contaminating in many different cultures because it is so heavily associated with child birth and thereby creating life. It's the same reason why that one tribe makes little boys perform oral sex on older men as part of their rites of passage - they have to ingest enough semen to dispel the effects of the female/vaginal fluids they were floating around in for so long/came out through

basically in many societies, men consider male fluids pure and female fluids contaminating

It was also important to put menstruating women in huts away from everyone else because the smell of blood can attract predators.

yeah because putting them all in one place at the same time (syncing is a real thing) won't create a bigger attractant. Gotta remember that menstrual huts are usually within the vicinity of/in association with the main village site

also forgot to mention here that menstrual huts can be sick af for women because they don't have to do any of their regular day-to-day shit and it's a no-boys-allowed club. Every menstrual hut community is its own secret society.

The purity of sperm. And the evils of vagina.

Why don't we do that anymore. I love it!

You want young boys to go through a coming-of-age ceremony where they suck dick?

lol it's not like it's an archaic world view, many cultures still believe this and have the same social mechanisms in place to deal with the pussy magic. The state probably will have/has interfered in stuff like little boys blowing old men (for years), though. I forget what tribe that was. In New Guinea maybe

>syncing is a real thing
It is not and would make no sense for it to happen considering how human reproduction works.

We still hav ea lot of remnants in it in many cultures.

Menstrual synchrony is a myth.

Imagine the smell of those menstruating women filled rooms for days.

I don't believe it. As a female I have first hand experience of it being a thing!! It's weird as hell

would you say that they are... designated?

DESIGNATED
BLEEDING
HUTS

>as a female the tingling in my crotch is all the evidence I need, fuck science

Anecdotes don't count.

This is such a good idea.

Anybody remember when all your teachers were menstruating at the same time? Bunch of crazy bitches.

> Women get bitchy on the rag
> No one to tell you not to throw them out
> Don't want them to freeze to death
> "Guess I'll build a hut."

Pretty assume logic desu senpai

Women are disgusting and beautiful at the same time, fuck this cruel world.

>having the menstruating woman walk around too much can set off a chemical reaction that creates fire
can confirm. this is how my father died.

>implying menstruation isnĀ“t just an excuse to lock women the hell away for a while

The men were probably just pissed they couldnt fuck em so they sent em to their rooms.

Vaginas are super aesthetic. Penises are ugly.

>ywn send your daughter to her room for refusing to accept your special hug

Have you people really never fucked when she was on her period?

its worth noting that in ancient times menstruation would have been significantly rarer than today, women were pregnant for most of their fertile years and worse nutrition would have meant common missed cycles when they weren't

It is a thing. My girl spends all day with her roommate n they always get their periods at the same time. They didn't before they started spending so much time together.

The vagina has the harder job though.

It needs to pick out human genetic material from a million other kinds of shit that's floating around.

ever heard of the placebo effect?