ITT: Big Army getting REKT by Small Army

Post big armies getting their shit destroyed:

>Battle of Cartagena de Indias
>British Empire vs Spain
>30,000 Brits vs 4,00 Spanirds
>40 British ships vs 6 Spanish Ships
>Decisive Spanish victory: British withdrawal, Spain consolidates its supremacy in America.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cartagena_de_Indias#

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yeghevārd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suomussalmi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Covadonga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saragarhi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When Portugal BTFO Castille

>that one Waffen-SS officer who says fuck it and helped fight the waffen-SS

Which one?

Sheeeit!

>Tatar army goes chimping around south eastern Poland, raiding villages and kidnapping people
>Small Polish unit of medium cavalry is sent for reconeissance
>Poles attack superior front guard and win
>Wait, that was only the front guard?
>ohshit.jpg
>They retreat to village of Hodow, get off horses and build trenches and barricades around to prepare for enemy assault
>Tatars constantly attack the fortified village with no success
>At one point defenders are out of ammo for their guns, so they stuck Tatar arrows into the muskets and continue fire
>Tatars are tired
>They demand Poles to surrender
>gtfo.png
>Tatars say ok, retreat to Kamieniec

kek, absolutely not biased

Holly shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yeghevārd

The Persian advance guard under Nader Shah defeated a massive Ottoman army easily.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suomussalmi

God I love that story. The ultimate ruseman.

how?

Not sure if this counts but still very interesting

>Be Muhreen
>posted up on the side of some mountain watching some roads
>everyone thinks you're gonna win the war, NORKs are running scared
>suddenly Commie Chinks come screaming from the woodworks
>Marines and Army units in the area amount to about a division and a half
>Chinese send almost 7 divisions to take the Chosin Reservoir
>for almost 3 weeks, US forces hold out against Chinese forces as they zerg rush into their guns
>Marines bear the brunt of the fighting, fighting in subzero temperatures until they ran out of ammo and had to beat Chinks to death their rifles and anything they can get their hands on
>forced to improvise on the count of being cut off, use tootsie rolls as adhesive in the freezing temps to repair vehicles and weapons
>finally organize and stage an impressive breakout and retreat, exhausted and bloodied, Marines and Soldiers manage to make the march to the evac area
>Chinks take Chosin Reservoir but can't chase after the retreating American forces
>Chinks had to disband to entire divisions, one having been completely annihilated
>final figures show that US Forces took nearly 17,000 casualties during the fighting with a little over 1,000 KIA
>estimates put Chinese loses at around 40,000 to 60,000 with an estimate of around 19,000 to 29,000 KIA
>tfw China got their dick stomped on so hard they couldn't chase an enemy force they greatly outnumbered after having been on their asses for 3 weeks

Reading eyewtiness accounts of the Marines who were there will blow your mind at just how many Chinese died on those frozen hillsides, I remember reading how a Marine said that the Chinese dead looked like someone had dropped a box of matches on the floor or how the bodies piled up so high that they had to completely shift positions for the machine guns, they couldn't just knock them over because they were practically frozen solid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Covadonga

Its fake you retard. Part of a series of troll wiki edits.

korea was fucking crazy man.

It reminds me of a story I was told once about an American convoy being surrounded by the Chinese that came over both sides of some fucking ridge, so this aide to like some Lt. Colonel runs up to the front of the convoy where his jeep is, and he finds that the General blew his fucking head off, so the Chinese wouldn't torture him and get information.

JUST

WE WERE SO CLOSE TO WINNING BARBAROSSA

17,000 casualties is alot considering it's an expeditionary force that cannot be immediately reinforced, and injuries and disease are costly to handle, because healthy soldiers need to carry the wounded.

It is, I didn't say they won the battle, most of the unwounded and walking wounded had to carry all the incapacitated and, for the Marines at least, dead they could bring back. There are some sad stories of Marines trying their hardest to bring their dead with them, they've always been a bit autistic about their traditions and not leaving their dead behind was one of them.

Also I didn't mention it but the Marine General staff fucked up by setting their forces on the side of the hills instead of on top of them, you could chalk it up to them thinking they weren't going to stick around for very long though but it ended up costing the Marines greatly during the battle itself.

You usually see slope defenses instead of crest defenses when you're afraid the enemy has artillery superiority and you're trying to put the hill between you and their heavy guns.

Do you (or anyone else) have any idea as to what the Chinese artillery forces were looking like in their first big push in Korea?

They had none

No you weren't.

Well you have to take in consideration the position the US was in at this point in the war, the NORKs were in full retreat, they had no idea China was going to attack. As far as the Marines at Chosin Reservoir were concerned, they were going to be rotated back in time for Christmas.

As for what artillery the Chinese had they literally had 0 artillery support, they were relying on their overwhelming numbers to defeat US forces at Chosin

>we
WE WUZ NAZIS AND SHEEEIT
kill yourself stormtard

stormfags are worse than football fans I swear

Story time about why Wehraboos come to exist.

Why this isn't a movie is beyond me

It wasnt just Chinese either. My father in law fought at Chonsin and he remembers bayonetting white blonde haired russians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saragarhi
Although all of the 21 Sikhs died, it was a strategic victory for the Raj.

None at the beginning, it was mostly probing tactics with mortar fire and grenades at night. Once the position in the defensive line has been softened the PVA troops would assault what's left hence the human wave impression.

>Believing German kill claims

>Trusting Arab numbers
kek, still the Arab conquests were impressive.

Success breeds jealously.

the performance of China in Korea was actually very good
most people seem to forget that China just had a 2 year civil war on top of a war with Japan for 7 years and their industrial base in manchuria was stripped by the ruskies. they had little armor, no air force except for soviet pilots and tiny amount of artillery. The advantage in number is deceiving since they had no motor vehicles to transport in troops and the maximum amount of frontline strength is 750k, which is basically just parity and dont forget that their gdp is 1/12th of the US

>decisive british victory
compare UK territories today and 100 years ago

the best explanation is that the japs boobytrapped everything before leaving

A destroyer hit a mine and then the Canadians and Americans decided to shoot each other because of the fog, even though they knew they were coming from different sides of the island

A classic.

An Indian Raja's huge army, on home turf, attacking literally five (5) Portuguese carracks with about 30 men per ship (and a few Cochins for manpower)

>WE

100% truths

Fuck off commieshits

Unfortunately, Wiki doesn't have much of anything on Sikh battles. In his letter to Aurangzeb (Zafarnamah - Epistle of Victory, Really recommend reading it) , Guru Gobind Singh states that the Islamic Mughals were 10 Lakh (1 million) strong while the Sikhs had only around 40 in number. Other Sikh historical sources say that small groups of around 5 Sikhs would leave the compound at a time and completely decimate hundreds of Mughals until they were killed. This is where the phrase a "A Sikh is equal to Sava Lakh (175,000)" came from

>anyone who despise weenies are either commiecucks or kikes

Kys my nigga

Fuck me

Kys larper

BLACKED

BLEACHED