Celts didn't write down their history

What a hack of a people.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_annals
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Scottish_Gaelic_and_Irish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagine if they did write down things the way romans did.

You mean mostly a bunch of useless propaganda?

It was passed down orally because the druids hated the idea of the peasants and lower classes having access to knowledge

False, writing taboo occurs because of the belief that writing things down negatively impact your ability to memorize.

There a Mayan saying that you do not write something down to remember it, you write it down so you don't need to.

Were hobbits based on celts or anglos?
Meriadoc, Peregrin are celtic names

They're Brythonic names and no. They were based on English countryside folk.

>brythonic
In other words, celtic

They were based on germans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_annals

I don't even like using the term Celtic. It's such a broad and stupid term to describe a group of people who didn't have that much in common with one another.

Noting in common except language, religion and culture

I suppose English perople are Germanic too

>Noting in common except language, religion and culture

No to all of those. They were similar but still quite distinct from one another. You can't refer to Galls and Britons as the same people. That's fucking retarded.

All Celtic languages are so similar as to be nearly dialects, especially back then. You dont have a clue and should shut the fuck up.

barely language, lmao at religion and culture.
Lots of celtic languages are only know because a few pieces of lead/bronze mate or toponomics, and the only ones than are more or less well know are the britonic branch.

>Somebody who knows shit about celtic languages

I speak Irish and its fairly similar to Welsh even though Irish is Q Celtic and Welsh is P Celtic. The spelling looks very different but they are like Italian and Spanish in sound.

So there

Except they aren't

Italian and Spanish are nearly mutually intelligible. Irish and Welsh are not at all.

Irish is similar to Scottish Gaelic, but definitely not Welsh.

>similar

Its the exact same

I speak Spanish and don't know any Italian. Sort of the same difference as German and English. One or two words I can understand here and there but mostly sounds like gibberish. Might me how fast most Romance language speakers speak. I'm Mexican and we didn't get that memo apparently.

>T. Somebody who knows nothing of the topic but felt like interjecting with bullshit.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Scottish_Gaelic_and_Irish

>I speak Spanish and don't know any Italian.

You'd probably be fine in that situation. This all is turning into anecdotal arguments, but my GF is Mexican, had no problem understanding my Italian relatives. There's random words that differ, but generally the meaning can be understood. I also noticed Portuguese can understand Spanish much easier than vice versa.

>Sort of the same difference as German and English.

These differences are far greater. English was changed heavily in vocab and simplified in grammar after Norman occupation.

>One or two words I can understand here and there but mostly sounds like gibberish. Might me how fast most Romance language speakers speak. I'm Mexican and we didn't get that memo apparently.

Mexicans are the fastest speakers I've witnessed. What do you mean,. I worked at a Latin nightclub for years. I talked like a retard in comparison cuz I just can't talk that fast in Spanish.

Wow, French is a real standout language.

hobbits are obviously based on the little people. Do some homework.

If only it didn't sound so snobby.

Quebecers ruined it for me.