What does it mean to be American?

Why does the media push the notion of "American" being synonymous with white.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/hailtoyou.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/france-reaches-30-diversity-among-newborns-native-youth-get-angry/amp/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They don't you buffoon, quit race-baiting. Even if you're the opposite of /pol it's still annoying.

Because the whole myth of the American Dream, and the image of the happy nuclear American family, which have both become the stereotype by which "being American" is associated with today were mostly spread throughout America and the World during the Golden Age of American Capitalism of the 1950's. When the majority of Americans were white.

Well first off they don't so go fuck yourself on that one.

Secondly, being American is about two concepts. The first is Liberty, the second is Initiative.

Liberty in this context is having the vague freedom to do anything within the law. The bounds of liberty have expanded over time, now they're contracting in some ways, but in general, the American conception of liberty is an ideal of a boisterous self determinism.

Initiative links into this very closely. We often see ourselves as "the people who get shit done." We made a post system to span a continent. We settled inhospitable wild lands. We dragged cables all over the great plains. We made gas powered cars. We revolutionized oil production. We made the atomic bomb. Why? Because America, that's why. The simple term "America" can sometimes be used as a valid excuse to embark on a project. But more generally the idea of American initiative is to be faced with a daunting problem and to then say "Fuck you" to the problem as you challenge it head on.

Those are the main American values that almost every person who considers themself an American "first" (ie not a New Yorker, or a Black Person, or a Hispanic, but with American as their primary identity and the others as secondary) would be likely to cite.

Americans are boisterous, headstrong, and sometimes reckless, but we love freedom and we get shit done.

>Why does the media push the notion of "American" being synonymous with white
>Media pushing a pro white narrative

Absolutely lol, the media hates white Americans.

B8d

This and even then most people don't take into account regional differences, they seem to forget that the US is a huge fucking country with regional cultures that vary while maintaining an American Identity. I grew up in the deserts here in the glorious American Southwest, Latinos and Natives were always synonymous with the culture around here as well as the Okies and Whites.

I sure as shit wouldn't expect as many Latinos and Natives to be around in New England or the Appalachians however

She is white you retard

They don't, and also most american are white.

>implying she's not

Most white Americans aren't actually Americans. They're European immigrants.

No she's not. She's darker than a lot of "black" Americans.

>Native Americans
>White

???

>Caucasoids
>White

>Moors white
>Egyptian white
>Amerindians white

Your chart a shit, amerindians are far more mongoloid than caucasoid

Absolutely degenerse. White is a colloquial term for European. She is not European.

>this is what ameritards actually belive

>Thanks is what frogs unironically believe

Just a reminder
google.com/amp/s/hailtoyou.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/france-reaches-30-diversity-among-newborns-native-youth-get-angry/amp/

Also, read a book you smug moron

>Scientific evidence links indigenous Americans to Asian peoples, specifically Siberian populations, such as the Ket, Selkup, Chukchi and Koryak peoples. Indigenous peoples of the Americas have been linked to North Asian populations by the distribution of blood types, and in genetic composition as reflected by molecular data, such as DNA.[197] There is general agreement among anthropologists that the source populations for the migration into the Americas originated from an area somewhere east of the Yenisei River. The common occurrence of the mtDNA Haplogroups A, B, C, and D among eastern Asian and Native American populations has long been recognized.[198] As a whole, the greatest frequency of the four Native American associated haplogroups occurs in the Altai–Baikal region of southern Siberia.[199] Some subclades of C and D closer to the Native American subclades occur among Mongolian, Amur, Japanese, Korean, and Ainu populations.[198][200]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

>american reading skills
The map shows actual population, not just native population

/pol/ please go

>Skim through every post in thread
>Don't see the correct answer

Because there's more of us. That's it. Jesus Christ, people.
>Why does the media push the notion of "Chinese" being synonymous with Han?
>Why does the media push the notion of "Pakistani" being synonymous with Punjabi?
>Why does the media push the notion of "Saudi" being synonymous with Arab?
>Why does the media push the notion of "Filipino" being synonymous with Tagalog?

Even my liberal ass doesn't need to overthink this.

No they're not. They inflate the census numbers by essentially including almost everyone.

Mostafa Hefny gets to bubble in whatever he wants on the census just like everybody else, regardless of how he's categorized by INS.

Non-hispanic whites still make up 62% of the US population. Those few Arabs that do not mark "other" make little impact on the total. The US remains majority white despite /pol/'s wailing and gnashing of teeth.

>Why does the media push the notion of "Chinese" being synonymous with asian.

Wait. Has anyone addressed that "The Americans" in OP pic are deep cover Russian spies, and the title is tongue-in-cheek?

Chinese are asian. Americans aren't European.

Indigenous =/= Native.

WRONG

That show is about Russian agents you fucking moron, of course their white. Saged and reported.

I'm referring to the underlying symbolism. American Dad is another one.

I mean Americans in the literal sense. White sensibilities aside, I mean people that are intrinsically tied to the Americas.

>"I'm only pretending to be retarded!"

America was a nation founded by Northern European immigrants. Over time this founding stock developed a distinct culture. Those people are the real Americans.

They are not unique products of American development, thus they are European. If a white American from Kansas stands next to a German, it would be impossible to tell which one is from America.

Genetically they are the same but culturally they are different. They may share some of the core values which are biologically determined but the "superstructure" is different

That's the point. People who are ethnically American are genetically unique to the Americas and have no international equivalent.

Bump

Media controlled by privileged cis white male.

>White is a colloquial term for European
You are a retard.

>be american
>42% white
>become minority in your own nation
JEJ

America isn't a white country anymore than South Africa is.

>this is what americlaps believe

I've seen the American tourists in my country. You can 100% tell they're American. Not by their skin, but by the way they act, dress, and talk. Americans are a world apart from Europe

I mean just by their physical appearance.

I see Veeky Forums has also become an intellectual thinking man's version of /pol/.