Name a more effective group of Cavarly. Pro tip, you can't

Name a more effective group of Cavarly. Pro tip, you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sirmium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Constantinople_(1147)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine–Norman_wars#Second_Norman_invasion_of_the_Balkans_.281147.E2.80.931149.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataphract#Cataphracts_in_East_Asia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cuirassier wins.

The original™, not some rum copycat.

Hetairoi

That's nothing.

Cuirassier isn't quite a distinct thing. That looks like a gendarme.

So's a cataphract.

People from Korea all the way to Anatolia had em.

Polish winged hussars

>No Stirrup
>No saddle
>Less Armor
lmao

A meme

French heavy cav made minced meat of them in the 4th Crusade so no.

Now you're just being obtuse.

who needs a stirrup when you have thin spears

>Siege battle
>Cavalry
????????
also this:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sirmium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Constantinople_(1147)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine–Norman_wars#Second_Norman_invasion_of_the_Balkans_.281147.E2.80.931149.29

effective? well 300 of pic related conquered and patrolled over a 1.5 million square miles.

The Byzantine cavalry made numerous sorties to attack engineers and foot soldiers and multiple times the well trained French cav with the assistance of based Venetian boatmen were able to quickly land on the coast and crush the Byzantines during the siege of Constantinople

Companions were a revolution of cavalry you mong, almost no one east or west used them as a heavy shock force prior to that, they were effective as fuck and the decisive factor in nearly every one of Phillip/Alexander's battles.

I know that but i'm talking as if they were all match against each other in an arena, I know the Companions were amazing for their time.

Numidian cavalry

what the actual fuck
that caught me off guard

of vast nothingness

>heavy cavalry were never used as a shock force before Philip or Alexander using them as such
If you honestly believe this you are dumb dude.

Then specify that rather than green texting. And if OP wanted that comparison, he should have posted some WWI era cavalry, or a picture of a tank

>Companions were a revolution of cavalry
>almost no one east or west used them as a heavy shock prior to that
Read a fucking book.

They were literally a carbon copy of the thessalians, you idiot.

I am OP, an WW1 cavalry (Assuming there are no firearms) wouldn't stand a chance against Medieval or Renaissance/Enlightenment era horsemen.

And why aren't they allowed firearms. It's their part of their armament, as it was for most European cavalry from the 17th century onward

Soviet moose cavalry

ggez

I win. Anyone got more firepower?

>Anyone got more firepower?
ahem

Do elephants count as cavalry?

I thought gendarmes used lances.

Thats a German Reuter of the 30 years war.

My interest is piqued. What's the craziest animal that's ever had a gun mounted on it?

Dolphins
A british guy put a mounted gun on an elephant but I dont think it was actually used

Ever heard heard of a The Mongolians?

They've got guns that can shoot 15-20 times a minute, accurate at over 400 meters, and can penetrate any personal armor up to that time.

The difference in equipment more than compensates for differences in training.

Nice empire you got there, steppe chinks, it'd be a shame if it only lasted a hundred years.

Explain.

you realize cannons were used on elephants in india for a while dontcha?
I think he means anti-topedo/mine lasers on dolphins that the US sorta experimented with???

Name one time

Read a book.

>Assyrians
>Any Iranic one
Heavy and medium cavalry being used as "shock force" has existed in history before Greek civilization was out of its diapers.

War Cows

>3071705

>Korea
Are you actually fucking retarded?

>heavy cavalry were a revolution in macedon
Holy fuck what a retard

Describe "shock force"
In Alexander's battles with the Persians they always used their own cavalry as a shock force. In Gaugamela the Persian cavalry broke the Macedonian left flank and looted the ravage train, reaching all the way to the Macedonian camp. That's one example of cavalry being used as a shock force at the time, aside of many before.

Finnish reiters under Stålhandske. Broke Pappenheimers imperial cuirassiers at Breitenfeldt despite having nowhere near the same equipment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataphract#Cataphracts_in_East_Asia

Knights. The empire actively moved to latinize their cavalry for a reason.

>Constantly win battles while outnumber sometimes 10:1
>meme
C'mon, dude

They were called Reiters or Pistoliers at the time, and they were clearly distinct from Lancers and Gendarmes.

>almost no one east or west used them as a heavy shock force
Maybe in the Hellenic world but Scythians tribes, other Indo-Iranics like Persians and Medes, Assyrians, Babylonians, Akkadians, have always used their cavalry as a "shock force".

Pistolleier