Celts

what the FUCK happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Christianity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_art
owlcation.com/humanities/Who-Were-Caesars-Gauls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They got absorbed into Roman and Germanic populations with the exceptions of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Brittany and the Isle of Man.

but how did they eat shit so hard without any chance to shine

>without any chance to shine
HAHAHAHAHA

>Gaul BTFO
>Iberia BTFO
>Britons BTFO
>Gaels cucked into oblivion
>Galatians and others too irrelevant to be even known

They had their day, did pretty well all things considered. Were very advanced militarily, used soap unlike Gayreeks, had a developed economy. They were essentially destroyed in one fell swoop by Caesar

technically Brittany was the result of british refugees colonizing the place from roman britain fleeing from the anglo saxon invasion in 500 AD. the original celtic peoples of gaul were all latinized.

Assimilation.

For fuck's sake, get off this board and read a history book at some point in your life.

i don't recall Celtic civilization making a huge impact unless it was with England at the lead.

you do know that they captured Rome, right?

that's being barbarians, i want to see their literature, philosophy, and art and architecture in a true civilization.

Savage tribal retards got easily destroyed by civilized people

>used soup

and lived in tiny scattered villages across the forests

>had a developed ecomomic system

basically farming and raiding is now a developed economic system?

>original celtic peoples of gaul were all latinized
No they were genocided

>lived in tiny scattered villages across the forests
You are mixing them up with Germanics. Gaul was settled, rich, and agriculturally productive.

>basically farming and raiding
Not to different from everyone else. You are forgetting trade, mining, and other industries which linked them to the Mediterranean world.

That is completely fucking impossible for a landmass the size of Gaul and with your only weapons being swords and spears.

>Gaul was settled, rich, and agriculturally productive.

settled with 95% shitty hut villages and 5% tiny mudforts

>Not to different from everyone else.

Very different from civilized people who had specialized artisans, traders, surplus of production, etc

they were really scattered around, they weren't actually urbanized unlike Romans

There is no trace left of the Gauls, not even their language, and Caesar killed 1 million men while selling to slavery the rest

Yeah but their language didn't die out until the 6th century

French people are basically Italians, ask yourself why.

>didn't die out until the 6th century

4th century* and it was already a minority language only practiced by the last Gauls

Anyway, the vast majority of the French have nothing do with the tall/blond haired/blue eyed Gauls.

>Shitty huts and hillforts

You can say it wasnt really on roman level, but you can't by no means call a town like bibracte a shitty hut town.

>Very different from the civilized world

Ehh not quite, there was a gap but it is exaggerated.

Also in terms of look and equipment, roman and gallic soldiers were sometimes undistinguishable.

1 million were killed, 1 million were enslaved, the 3 million left were subjugated and were colonized by Italians turned into villa society and given roman citizenship.

>Italians

By Romans*

You're right, Italians are whiter now because of the Germanic invasions

Romans are a Italic people, ironically, very close to the celts.

Sicilians are Italic people, ironically, very close to Celts

I love(hate) the meme that only sandstone and marble culture(relevant) make.

Before opening a thread like this and spouting bullshit about "forest" and "mudhut" you should try to educate yourself. Gauls were civilized and their metallurgy recognized.

Gauls were barbarians practicing human sacrifices and they were so dumb that they were enslaved by "their" druids

>. Gauls were civilized

No

>and their metallurgy recognized

So were Africans

>No

Yes, check on the halstatt culture and the bibracte walled settlement, its in wikipedia.

You can argue they werent on the same level as romans but to call them savages would simply be wrong.

>So were africans

What that has to do with anything?

Let's comapre "civilized" gauls with contemproary Romans in say... 55 bc

>Average Roman Town

10,000 inhabitants, sewers, aqueduct, planned, large street, stone houses, builidings for artisans and other specialized workers and a big old monumental temple and massive stone walls

>average Gaulish settlement

a tiny village of wooden huts, with 50 people living in it, no planning, zero infrastructure, no monumental architecture, no specialization

>most impressive Roman architectural achievement at the time

pic related, the theater of Pompey

>most impressive Gaulish architectural achievement

a wall of literal mud used as a fort

>most impressive work of literature

Terence's masterful commedies, Lucretius de rerum naturae

>Gaulish literature

a few letters on an ugly stone

>Roman army

trained soldiers regularly paid

>Celtic "armies"

Tribbes sometimes allied together when they decided to stop raiding eachother like baboons

Are you deliberately ignoring the posts where i counter your points?

I would reply if every single one of your points havent been rebuked already...

Comfy af

cultures are not superior or inferior to one another

romans invaded and conquered gaul for their riches, not because some vision of spreading "civilization"

besides, your "example" is a fiction of your mind
underaged ppl are getting more and more arrogant and more and more dumber, despite the amount of knowledge readily available to them
baka

>a vision of your mind

It's facts and you can't really refute them, can you?

We did, a few posts ago...

That you ignored...

Romans were barbarians practicing human sacrifices and they were so dumb that they were enslaved by "their" Caesars.

you cant even read or quote, jesus christ what the fuck are you doing here, go back to elementary school

FICTION
VISION

do you see the difference retardo?

You haven't refuted anything in my post.

Pathetic, spare me the autistic rant, idiot.

Cheers.

BITCH JUST SCROLL UP

ARE YOU DOING THIS ON PURPOSE OR JUST RETARDED?

Jesus fucking christ.

What?

You posted they built a fucking wall, that's basically what italians were doing in the calcolithic, am I supposed to be impressed?

The Germans were essentially locked in an eteral struggle with the gauls and were about to launch a massive invasion to try to finish them off when Caesar rolled in and cock blocked them.

The Celts kind of are underrated though, after the 390 BC sack of Rome, which the Romans survived basically by a miracle, they put in place special religious laws for whenever they were in conflict with the Gauls. A lot of Caesar's prestige came from conquering so completely Rome's most ancient enemy.

Really I think they fell behind because the Romans had more access to the Mediterranean and accompanying cultural advancements than they did.

die in cancer anglo shitstain, shitposter maximum, fuck off and die with your family
ÁTOK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Christianity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_art

You don't recall because you don't know shit.

I poster bibracte which was a large populous city and trade center

A town not different from your average medium sized roman villa btw

I directed you to articles about it and about the Halstatt culture which preceeded the gauls, by god just fucking google it, its on wiki ffs

If you prefer other sources check the book "lords of battle" it literally disproves every one of your claims.

At this point im not sure if underage or trolling.

>The Germans were essentially locked in an eteral struggle with the gauls and were about to launch a massive invasion to try to finish them off when Caesar rolled in and cock blocked them.

There is literally no difference between Gauls and Germans. The distinction first appears with Ceasar who said
>hurr I conquered all of Gaul and here is the border beyond the border is Germany

You guys seriously need to read.

Wow, remarkable display of autism

You read any other sources besides roman accounts?

Roman accounts? It's basically one Roman account that doesn't describe the Germans any different from the Gauls. Also Caesar was not a fucking ethnographer and the BG is obviously biased as fuck since the distinction between Gauls and Germans allows him to state that he conquered all of Gaul. Since you are probably too lazy to hit the library read:
owlcation.com/humanities/Who-Were-Caesars-Gauls
>Caesar’s descriptions are filled with biases that many modern historians acknowledge, which leads them to either consult other sources, which are scarce, or interpret the Gauls on their own. More modern historians treat the descriptions and ethnography of the Gauls along the basis of McDonald’s works that argue that the Roman’s views were the result of one society viewing a foreign culture with little understanding of their customs

French people do quite often resemble Northern Italians, at least, a stock itself which has Celtic connections from ancient times, although I think they are generally quite lighter haired/eyed/skinned than Central and Southern Italians. I believe the Celtic ancestral stock of ancient Gaul still comprises the majority of modern French ancestry, with notable Italic, Iberian, and Germanic mixes having taken place over the ages, and even British.

>casual observations
>stock
>obviously not aware how genetics work
>I think they are generally quite lighter haired
>high level of discourse

>specialized artisans, traders, surplus of production, etc
Gauls had those.

They were better at Metalworking than their neighbours.

>and even British, Iberian
No

>Germanic
They composed a part of the ruling class but were quicly replaced

>Italic
Aside from the Romans which form the main stock of the French, there is no Italic blood.

>although I think they are generally quite lighter haired/eyed/skinned than Central and Southern Italians.

It is most likely due to the Gaulish wives taken by the Roman colonists, and even if we're lighter we still have nothing to do with the Gauls as described by Classical Sources.

Once. Then he got CAMILLUS'D

And at that time it was still pretty irrelevant as a city in the grand scheme of things.

>Bretons

So, the French ethnic group of today is mostly of Roman (from Italy) ancestry? Just how much in percentage would you place the average Frenchman of having Celtic Gaul ancestry, compared to other groups?

Don't listen to him.

French people might be some mix but at least the core is from the Bell Beaker people who were a mixture of Indo-Europeans from the steppe and local Central-West Europeans.

Terms like Celt are mostly cultural and not genetic. Irish are not genetically Celtic but pre-Celtic Indo-Europeans.

>the core is from Bell beakers

Not really

Of course they are?
Italo-Celtic people were descended Bell Beakers as well.
In this image the French are nearly identical to the English so I have no idea what you're even trying to prove with it.

>nearly identical to the English

Are you blind?

French are basically Tuscan only with less natufian admxture and slightly more whg

Yeah in that image they are nearly identical to the English with a slight Mediterranean shift towards a people who themselves are largely of Italo-Celtic stock. It's nothing new and something that has been obvious in PCA for decades.

If you believe that Ancient Romans were R1b people without much J etc and that the French are their descendants then you're gonna have to argue with Italians about that.
I think that's a crackpot theory though and Romans definitely had some J.

So you're a stormcuck

>civilised
>didn't own cities
Pick one
>metallurgy recognised
Yet they got destroyed by the people with shit iron quality

>cultures are not superior
So the Danes that raided England and the Aenglish are the exact same and there's no moral high ground at all

No that's carthagians and their KANG hannibal

So they aren't really very close to Central Italians like Tuscans but more like 2/3 of the way from North Italians to Brits.

They're closer to Italians than to Bell beakers

Yeah okay the Saami people are the real Aryans after all, who woulda known.

Most Bell Beakers were slightly more steppic than modern Western Europeans but French are very closely related to Brits and both are predominantly descended from Beakers, hence their R1b frequencies.

Basque have really high r1b too but they're mostly Anatolian farmer

So? They descend from a bottlenecked population.

There was no genetic bottleneck in all of France which made all the Roman J etc magically disappear. French just don't have much Roman in them. They do have more farmer than most Bell Beakers though but that was acquired many thousands of years ago.

>Yet they got destroyed by the people with shit iron quality

Not relevant.
What you're saying about cities is stupid as fuck too. Celts are relevant in a lot of ways (metallurgy, trading) .

how about the fact that gauls were celts, not germanic

Celt: puff... pant... I have just finished this hillfort, this time I used stone in addition to mud!

What do you think Titus?

Titus: Huff Pant... I just need to put this brick and the Pompey mega theater will be finished, I will then ultimate the two hundred kilometers long tunnel across that mountain to get water and create an artificial lak...

Asterix:HEY! Look at this wall!

Titus: Hum, what?

Siiigh...

French and English, brothers in Beaker blood.

Note that the haplotype sharing shows actual relatedness while IBS shows similarity. Very different things as the underlying structure here is complex.

>aside from the main stock which is italic there is no italic blood (disregarding the fact that maybe half the modern population has at least one italic grandparent)
this is the stupidest post I've read today

You don't need to bully him he already feels dumb as hell after being systematically proven wrong that's why he stopped posting.

Try not being an asshole every now and then.

You have to wait until James Joyce desu senpai

STALE MEME

Bait. Nearly all Europeans look alike except the the south and Finns in that graph

>maybe half the modern population has at least one italic grandparent
You wish

Now let's take a look at the province like Aosta and Piemont, which are basically French which mean that at least 1/5 of the Italians are French,

Then, we must also consider the rapes and casual fuck that happened during the Italian wars/Napoleonic Wars/WW1/WW2, so there is at least 3.5-4/5 of the Italians that are French.
My guess is that Italian are mostly French rape babies, the who do not have French blood must be some Moors in the mountains
And now you're samefagging

Try at least to wait at least 10 minutes before posting again, retard

That's because Europe is unusually homogenic.
All Europeans except southies are descended from the Corded Ware and Bell Beakers, which were pretty much the same thing anyway.
Finns have a bit of Siberian on top of that.

without any sewer system it would literally reek like shit, shit flowing in the streets, and without any paving the streets would be muddy as fuck on even a temperate day and the mud would mix with the feces and you would step in that mudshit and drag it with you everywhere you went and you and your family would die of infection because you rub eachother in with mudfeces and eat mudfeces cakes all day.

Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Isle of Man have been absorbed by the English to varying extents.

Russian look different, the mongol thing wasn't a meme, russians got mongoled

>all Europeans descend from Corded ware

Lol, they descend from corded but also from other groups, they're not the same as the original corded at all, not even Scandis

The point is that from Ireland to Belarus everyone has the same kind of mix, Indo-European and farmer with some bonus WHG.

Germanics actually bathed and used soap, unlike Romans who just covered themselves in olive oil and scraped it off.

Why are you so butthurt about people talking about a civilization other than Rome?

You're confusing Celts with Germanics

Romans did not practice human sacrifice.

As another poster said that was one particular cultural trait they used as an excuse to invade others over, one that's agreeable. The Carthaginians really were Baal worshipping baby killers.

Well there were different tribes. Whether some were on one side of the Rhine or the other seems to be what was the difference.

They people are still there. France was conquered by the Romans and became Latinized and later by the Frank's of Germany who were absorbed by the Gauls and later gave their name to the country and people. Same thing happened in England during the Anglo Saxon invasion except the Romanized Britons never fully adopted Latin from Rome but they certainly adopted the Germanic language that became English!

>muh genes
I am talking about tangible, lively Celticnesshood.
Nobody wants to hear about how your great-times-one hundred grandaddy was a druid, they want to hear the Gallic language, see Roundhouses, see temples to Celtic gods.

>later by the Frank's of Germany who were absorbed by the Gauls and later gave their name to the country and people

French are genetically Franks m8

We're literally coming straight from Pannonia