What shit actually fucking disgusts you

I've got to give it to the People's Republic of China's Cultural Revolution

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IT WOULD BE SIMPLER AND EASIER TO MENTION WHAT DOES NOT DISGUST ME.

What disgusts you about it

tearing out your own soul and lighting it on fire

literally everything about it, from mao being a salty bitter fuck and ruining the country because people were starting to stop sucking his dick, to the red guard terrorizing their teachers and parents because dude fuck homework that shits reactionary xD to the many cultural artifacts destroyed.
what a mistake.

Mao killed more people than other leader in history, he destroyed numerous priceless artefacts, rid many cultural traditions, and he tore apart the very fabric of traditional Chinese society. China is now a society where nobody has any respect or trust for each other. It's a chaotic dog-eat-dog world and they're taught to think of Mao as hero.

Mao was a hero, the long march was nothing short of heroic. He defeated the Nationalists in the second civil war against all odds when they had US backing and a far stronger military position. He ended feudalism and succeeded in liberating the peasants from landlords.

But later in life he was also a villain. Only a few years after liberating the peasants he forced them into collective farms. The Great Leap Forward was an unimaginable disaster, the great famine was largely manmade, and worse he refused to do anything to mitigate it. And then the cultural revolution was equally horrifying.

Chinese students are taught about both aspects. Mao was a hero, but a deeply flawed figure who made many mistakes that cost the Chinese people dearly.

>Enormous damage was inflicted on China's cultural heritage. For example, a survey in 1972 in Beijing of 18 key spots of cultural heritage, including the Temple of Heaven and Ming Tombs, showed extensive damage. Of the 80 cultural heritage sites in Beijing under municipal protection, 30 were destroyed, and of the 6,843 cultural sites under protection by Beijing government decision in 1958, 4,922 were damaged or destroyed. Numerous valuable old books, paintings, and other cultural relics were also burnt to ashes.

They were lucky that massive discoveries like the Terrracotta Army occurred after the CR or they would have completely wrecked it too.

The kmt fought the japs for 8 years,and they were wrestling with the other warlords for a decade before.also american support was nominal

Fuck. Reading this made me so mad. No wonder Chinese people are so rude and subhuman today. Imagine having to live through shit like that.

you call $500 million in 1946 alone "nominal support"? ($6.2bn adjusted for inflation)

that is $500 million more than the communists got from the USSR, they had a far smaller and worse equipped military force as well

also that $500 million was just financial support, if you tally up all the military support the US gave to the GMD it was over $FOUR BILLION ($50.2bn adjusted for inflation)

but that's merely nominal, right? Chiange really just was that incompetent.

>soviets take over manchuria at end of ww2
>they delay their withdrawal to allow the communists to occupy the area, and deny the nationalists freedom of movement into their occupation zone
>Chiang uses the US air force to airlift his soldiers into Manchuria to capture key cities, over the concerns of US advisors that he was leaving too few troops south of the great wall
>they take the cities but the communists control the countryside and have massive peasant support because of the land reform their army is carrying out
>Chaing spends half of his annual military budget airlifting supplies to the troops occupying cities in Manchuria for two months
>makes up for the budget shortfall by just printing more money which causes the chinese dollar to hyperinflate over 1 million%.
>the nationalists base of support had been urban middle class and elites, but they just lost all their life savings
that's not even the half of it, Chiang was such a shit, the communists beat him on the battlefield despite him having every advantage, but he really lost the war due to economic incompetence and corruption.

Mao was an excellent revolutionary, but an incompetent ruler in many respects.

yes I agree completely, he succeeded in land reform which had been the elusive dream of Chinese revolutionaries for over 100 years. It's just a shame he was put in charge instead of literally anyone else who actually knew what they were doing. Note how when Deng Xiapoing and Liu Shaoqi took over after the great leap forward things actually improved. Then they went right back to shit when Mao took over again in 1966.

Chinese culture was always like that. In fact you could say the Cultural revolution failed to change the clannish fuck you i got mine nature of Chinese society

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal

What would China have been like if Sun Yat-sen had not been ousted.

The Cultural Revolution was a fucking disgrace.

Not that unusual.

the fact that he was ousted so easily means he was certainly not strong enough to end the warlord era

>Chinese people are so rude and subhuman today. Imagine having to live through shit like that.

You'd think up of another reason why they are sub human.

ITT: Communists referring to theft as "land reform" unironically.

Will you people just die already.

African communism

Not razing China to the ground after the second opium war was a mistake.

Lindybiege being taken seriously on this board

a revolution is not a dinner party

I'm sorry, but I've never met a male Chinese exchange student that didn't cheat, have ridiculously terrible English, and smell like actual human feces (NOT BO) for some reason. I've never met a female Chinese exchange student that didn't make the 'vapid white girl' stereotype need a new face. I've never seen a Chinese exchange student not feel the need to wear their -40C winter jacket in 10C weather while others from Africa and the middle east are perfectly fine in a sweater.

WHAT KIND OF CULTURE BREEDS THIS ABSURD BEHAVIOR. WHY DO THEY WEAR THEIR FUCKING JACKETS IN WARM WEATHER, INDOORS. IS THIS WHY THEY STINK?

boxer rebellion offered another chance. in fact after beijing was relieved the great powers exacted "reprisals" on villages all around beijing killing around 200k

It was just a dry run to see if the newly built blood refineries could handle sufficient quantities of material.

As opposed to the "fuck you i got mine" nature of the rest of the fucking world?

The KMT did more than what Mao and his merry band of communists did to the japanese

>GMD using its best troops against the communists instead of for fighting the Japs
>it gets so bad that Chiang is literally mutinied against by his lieutenant until he agrees to focus on fighting the japanese
>GMD and CCP sign an agreement to work together with CCP forces placed under GMD command
>CCP forces are ambushed and murdered by the GMD units they were fighting with at the direct order of Chiang, making further cooperation impossible
>Chiang then goes on to lose to them