Sea Peoples

I recently heard who they were in passing. What do you know of them?

they're proto-slovenians

idk who they were but we wuz them

No one really knows

There are some decent ideas that they came from the Aegean, or Italy or Libya or even were refugees from Anatolia, possibly some mix of them. Some say this very early event influenced the trojan war epic (from the greeks side of events)

But anyone who tells you they are definitely X race are full of shit.

They've found a great deal of Mycenean pottery in the places that Egyptians said were conquered by them: Cilicia, Cyprus and the Levant.

They've also found recently (2010) two Sardinian vases in Cyprus dated to around the same time the sea people invasions took place, one brought directly from the island and the other locally made

They've also found Sicilian pottery in Cyprus and the Levant itself which dated to the same period.

The name of the sea peoples were :

Ekwesh (Achaians), Lukka (Lycians), Denyen (Danuans from Cilicia), Tjekker (Maybe from Zakros in Crete), Sherden and Shekelesh ( the latest finds I've taked about seem to strenghten the hypothesis that they were Sardinians and Sicels)

One archaeologists recently argued that the swords carried by the Sherden royal guards were of Sicilian type, anyway they were European swords not native to the Eastern Med.

>Or Lybia

They allied with the Libu, Kehek and Meshwesh (Lybians and Kehek from Lybia and Meshwesh possibly from Tunisia.) to fight agains Egypt a few times, but they were different tribes that I listed here:

>Sardinia
>Implying the island was settled at the time

YES! sEa pEoPlE thread

nigga you what, Sardinian genes are older than any other Europeans'

No they're not. Lithuanians are pretty much the OG Europeans.

Why everyone keeps telling the meme of uncolonized Sardinia.
I really want to know I just started browsing Veeky Forums in this last 2 months

It was a meme I invented like a year ago I think and people kept repeating it ever since, it's the biggest accomplishment of my life but I can't even prove it

What if they were like Outer Heaven of the ancient world?

Now where's THAT video game!?

>Assemble a band of shiftless veterans and misfits from across the Mediterranean
>Wreak havoc from Anatolia to Morocco
>Military forces everywhere going "Who the fuck ARE these guys!?"

>(((Shekelesh)))

there's a screencap. some troll insisted that it wasnt until the 1400s or something when sailing had advanced enough to allow people to reach sardinia and people took the bait

Palestinians are their descendants. DNA has proven it.

I don't understand how a group of loosely organised migrants was able to topple empires. Was because of their numbers?

Yasser forgot that one time they left Palestine, went to Crete, left Crete and went to Palestine again

Not true. Palestinians are just Hebrews who converted to Islam. Unlike the current invaders who originate from Khazaria.

whoa how did arafat find out about the phillistines = mycenaeans thing?

I think their most interesting thing wasent we wuz but wtf was their problem.
Seriously they seemed an angry lot

>The world calls for Rape and pillage, and we answer
>No higher good, no just cause
>The Mycenaean's sent us to hell, but we're going to be even bigger dicks
>We are Bronze Dogs.

>posting the hysterical opinions of YouTubers

-The Sephardic Jews are almost black.
-Israel is 90% Ashkenazi.
-Khazaria is in SouthEast Europe

Christ.

Definitely the very first anglos.

They didnt topple empires. The empires were already going through hard times.