Holy shit Veeky Forums i just realized something

Holy shit Veeky Forums i just realized something

During the crucifixion of Jesus
(Jesus Christ and Jesus barabbas)

i just knew that Barabbas isn't a proper noun, it's Aramaic for son of the the father

and Jesus Christ (Christ, messiah, anointed, same meaning NOTICE that the bible calls other anointeds but calls Jesus "Christ" despite them being synonyms)
(Also there are many people who were 'anointed' during that time, anointed means blessed or proteced)

TLDR is Jesus Barabbas the real Jesus?

So... Jesus dipped out... so none of us are saved.

But presumably Jesus Barabus is still alive. We need to locate him and crucify him to get saved.

This means all mankind was supposed to be saved but by freeing the true Messiah the Jews kept their exclusive covenant unbroken and salvation for Gentiles was never brought forward.

> Brb converting to Orthodox Judaism

>Brb throwing up that ham sandwich I just ate

> Brb going to cut my foreskin off in the office bathroom so I don't go to hell if I get hit by a car walking home

Reminder that all of this was made up by some basement dweller in the 2nd century AD based on a bunch of legends and stories

You didn't realize this before? Shit man, that's been around in academia for ages, that Jesus Barrabas and Jesus of Nazareth were probably the same person and only got split up when the Gospels were written down decades later.

If you want more on the subject, I'd recommend Revolution in Judea by Hyam Maccoby.

do we fucking convert to islam now or what?

No, why should we?

no you convert to atheism

it explicitly says that jesus did not die, which was the whole point of islam

In the context of the gospels barabas is a person not a title, he is labeled as murderer. Barabas couldn't have been Jesus as it makes no sense in that context.

I see no proof why Barabas should not be regarded as a name.

>Accepting everything Mark says at face value
And this is why you fail.

What makes you so sure?

in another gospel he's referred to as a robber (which also stood for insurgent or political revolutionary in the time of jesus)

As part God he could have lived on for a long time.

Arabs practiced adoption. Ali could have been the adopted cousin of Muhammed, and actually a now very old half man half divine Barabas.

Barbas's human side must have kept him from fulfilling his mission of salvation.

God then put Ali/Jesus/Barabas into occlusion to wait until the end of the world.

There's nothing divine about Ali unless you're a sh*a heretic
comparing him to jesus is idiocy

>Benjamin Urrutia, co-author of The Logia of Yeshua: The Sayings of Jesus, agrees with a well known theory in biblical scholarship as presented for instance by Hyam Maccoby, which says that Yeshua Bar Abba or Jesus Barabbas must be none other than Jesus of Nazareth, and that the choice between two prisoners is a fiction.

So Jesus pulled the old switcharoo?

lmao I can see the movie of this.

> A guy named Hyam wants to convince people Jesus isn't the Messiah.

Color me shocked

Then why did God disappear him?

It makes perfect sense. Jesus shirked so God made another prophet to draw him back in. Then to punish man for failing to complete His mission, man including Jesus's fallible human side that allowed him to walk free of his duty, he delayed salvation by occluding Ali/Jesus until the end times.

Not the only suprise:

The Biblical story we have inherited is not the original story, Yoreh believes. Using a variation of a well-known approach to Biblical scholarship, he sees hints of a bloodier version of Isaac’s binding that he finds too convincing to ignore.

In the earliest layer of the Biblical text, Yoreh believes, Isaac was not rescued by an angel at the last moment, but was in fact murdered by his father, Abraham, as a sacrifice to God.

One eye-opening hint at what he believes is the original story lies in Genesis 22:22. Previously, in verse 8, Abraham and Isaac had walked up the mountain together. But in verse 22, only Abraham returns.

It also mentions cooking the sacrifice and eating it. Abraham killed Isaac and then ate him as part of the covenant.

In verse 12, after staying Abraham’s knife-wielding hand in mid-air, the angel of God tells the father of monotheism, “I now know you fear God because you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”

That phrase, “have not withheld your son,” “could indicate Abraham was merely willing to sacrifice his son, or that he actually did so,”

>A Christian can't actually defend his ideas and resorts to ad hominem
Color me shocked.

This is advanced heresy
This is your mind on Sh'ia

Jesus is a messenger of god, he just wasn't killed

no no no it's like Sonic and Shadow, they're not the same but symbolisms of Jungiean archetypes. Buy my book and clean your room, okay bucko?

There's a moment where your obsession with archetypes goes way too far. It really wouldn't surprise me if he actually started talking about Sanic.

Just according to keikaku

Don't you see goy, it was the Romans who killed Jesus. We never had a choice.

Bump

But who fathered Esau and Jacob then?

Hold on if this thing is well known then why the fuck does Christianity as a religion, still exist?

doesn't this BTFO it's credibility?

I NEED ANSWERS

bump

Its pretty clear the story originated as some sort of translation error or an error in the oral tradtion because of the transtion from Aramaic to Greek. and Jesus and barabus were really the same person.

It doesn't invalidate the entire theology, just that passage of the gospels, which as you can see is enough to trigger Christians who like to believe the gospels are an accurate retelling of Jesus's life which they most certainly are not.

It's more the Churches that dun goofed with the Nicene Creed (and some others to the same extend) and they are considered the 'Christian faith' (or Nu-Christians as I like to call it) for most people.

The part of Jesus descending into Hell/flames (while burried in the crypt) is a mistranslation of Underworld Infero and inferos (IIRC). This combined with revelations and interpretation-maniacs makes Hell as we know today from Nu-Christianity.

Read the dead sea scrolls, zadokite fragments and other discarded gospels.
It's the "THIS BOOK IS TRUE AND MY INTERPRETATION OF IT REIGN SUPREME" - folks that get BTFO all day everyday.
It's not in a book, not spoken by men, not even spoken by You yourself, but CAN be KNOWN by You.

>tfw fired up skyrim and listening to amon amarth right now
lads, i think i am valhalla bound

You telling me the jews jewed the rest of humanity out of a place in heaven?

if true it confirms what Muslims have been saying that another guy took the place of jesus

it's literary metaphor, you dip. Barabbas "son of the father" represents the whole of mankind "sons of the father". Christ took mankinds' place on the cross to "free" us, and to redeem us. Please don't take everything in the Bible literally.

>if
it is true, check what bar abbas means
then check NRSV
it says jesus barabbas (real jesus, son of the father) was let go

and jesus the annointed (and there were many annointeds in that time because it meant 'blessed' or 'protected') (fake jesus) was killed

Horrible tastes on forms of media don't get anyone to Valhalla, friend

Speaking of which, the act of faking a ressurection is done best when you have a bunch of devoted followers that carry your 'Dead body' to a tomb (specially prepared for you). When its 'sealed up', you get out of the deathwrapping, smoke a fat blunt, chill in the cave a while and then crawl out the secret tunnel thats already been dug into this tomb.

Make sure to be seen elsewhere, so people are impressed.

I don't know if this accurately describes the Christ myth, but it definitely accurately describes at least one or two recorded 'messiah' resurrection cults.

Citations availible.

Yeah, but am I the only one who finds the idea of substitutional atonement to be a bit...whack?
If Bob hits me and Mary apologizes, I mean perhaps if Mary was -really- 'compelling' .... but... Bobs still a dick.

>the bible is true unless i say otherwise according to an arbitrary classification system
>somehow user says this story is a metaphor but also thinks jesus was also crucified for real and 'died for our sins'

t. jesus pizari
you aren't tricking me, you c*tholic shit