"The German helmets were extremely ineffective you see...

>"The German helmets were extremely ineffective you see, they were made from melted down pots and pans collected from the German public. Because British naval superiority they couldn't get any of that good old steel like we did."
>"So German soldiers were running around with saucepans on their head, literally!

Is he for once correct?

Didn't the british specifically ask women to surrender sauce pots to make planes?

I've never seen a single youtube video of this guy but does he ever offer evidence, or does he just 'reason' his way to points? Between this and the flaming arrows thing it seems he does historical studies a huge disservice

Yes it's true Germans are genetically incompetent

the number of error he made is as low as his hairline

That was the propaganda campaign, but the metal was put to other uses on account of recycled cast iron being a poor material for making aircraft out of.

Very true German steel is but a myth you see.

...ENOUGHT!

I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS LINDYBEIGE CLOWN!

HE ONLY SPOUTS BULLSHIT I FUCKING HATE HIM HE'S SO FUCKING PRETENTIOUS, UGLY AND AUTISTIC AAAARG

How about you watch some videos and find out, instead of relying on a bunch of memelords to give you a honest answer.

frog spotted

Filthy dumb anglo scum

I don't get the problem with melting down pots and pan for helmets, it's not like they were supposed to be bulletproof, even inferior steel should be able to catch shrapnel

How about you.. no, you're right. I won't watch his videos though.

He sometimes reads out of memoirs of soldiers, often enough he asks HEMA/reenactors/collectors etc., but I've never seen him ask historians or so. Sometimes he uses pictures (which he then usually dismisses) or older texts. It does seem that most of what he says, he pulls out is arse or is the opinion of some hobbyist, but he does often use "disclaimers". All-in-all he's entertaining in a way, but not an expert.

>faggy little flower pin
How can anybody take this "guy" seriously?

That's a symbol of remembrance for WWI in the UK. Everyone wears them around Armistice Day.

>delet this! [Canadian]

Werent German helmets the most effective helmest which is why their design is used until today?

Yep. But they weren't English so Lindy has to try and prove they were shit.

>Being this retarded
is that way.

t. Francois Delargeois

Depends on which helmet you're talking about. The Pickelhaube wasn't all that great, being excessively fragile. The stahlhelm was introduced later on, becoming the standard helmet for the Germany army in late WW1 and throughout WW2. However, the zenith of German helmet design arrived in 1956.

I don't think anyone way talking about the pickelhaube since that wasn't even considered a helmet. It was a hardhat at best.

>most effective
>can't go prone

If they were the most effective, why did Germany lose all its wars?

With modern materials and with modern uses in mind, the design in the most sound.
ww2? not really.

Whom?

watch it froggie

They had better k/d.

Lindy going for that mad minute

TELL ME ABOUT LINDY
WHY DOES HE WEAR UGLY SWEATERS?

Not hard, when there was less of them.
If 100 people attack a house where 1 guy is barricaded, his likely superior k/d ratio isn't going to do him any good.
Extreme example, but I want to make the point obvious.

sometimes his ideas are, original?
he tries to think atleast and reads, amateur charm
but theres this switch in his head when he needs to prove that britshits are the greatest ever, thats when comedy starts

That's retarded. If 100 people fight 50 people It's expected that the 100 people cause more casualties because the 50 people have to fight 2 people at once.

If its to the death maybe. Armies don't fight to the death.

He actually does look a bit like that shooter dude from "Southcliffe"

Most steel and iron besides statues was melted down, which is why most iron railings in England aren't more than 80 years on, but they were found to be the wrong type of steel so we're used for railways and other things

Because then your helmet becomes shrapnel

>faggy little flower pin
That faggy little flower started two wars

holy shit

Any chance his Hannibal graphic novel will be anything less than shit? The art looks solid anyway.

My favorite Lindybeige video for stupidity value is the one where he talks about why the American Civil War was so bloody, and he claims it was because the generals emphasized defensive formations and field works over the Napoleonic tactic of using bayonet charges to break enemy formations. The problem being that he didn't seem to realize that the American Civil War was fought with rifles, not muskets. There were plenty of bayonet charges early in the war, all of which ended in dismal failure because the defending side would respond with fire that had twice the range of a musket and could actually be aimed. So in the course of this one video he's unintentionally summing up decades of military snobbery by post-ACW French scholars who promptly shut their mouths after World War 1 happened.

I think after watching his video on the Illiad I really like his understanding of tragedy so it should be pretty based.

Only because Russia is shit.

Rifled artillery with cannister and exploding shells and machine guns.

At the battle of Gettysburg in July of 1863 ( the midpoint of the war), the men of the 20th Maine famously fixed bayonets and charged down little round top as they exhausted their ammunition, routing the attacking rebels

Ever wondered why that's a 'famous' event?

I looked through wikipedia and can't find any flower called the German.

to be fair he was right about the german design being worse

it was too expensive to mass produce, the british helmet was one piece of steel stamped.

much cheaper and faster to make when you need to arm and protect millions of pajeets and maple syrup niggers.

>protect millions of pajeets
more like use them as cannon fodder

Good meme

Is there a Lindykino that is half as good as the Illiad video?

nazi Sikhs are better

5/1 kd, did russia and china even try?

>Europeans hate him
>this Beige is fitting dirty great full suits of plate armor, and you're pretty much a dratting Spandau

They did this somewhere during the war where they ended up not even using it (since it was cheaper to mine) and only did it for morale purposes.

>British
>naval
>superiority

That's not how modern armies with guns and artillery on the defense work.