Historical Redheads

Are there any famous redheads in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_redheads
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II#Mummy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cleopatra and Barbarossa

mahoma

Genghis Khan according to Persian accounts

(Before anyone asks yes, mongolians can have red hair, as can many other asians).

Giv

Also Vivaldi when not wearing a wig.

One of his nicknames litterally meant "ginger priest" in Italian, a reference to his piety and devout roman catholicism.

Cleopatra?
Sauce.
I thought Alexander the Great was technically a redhead but there really conflicting accounts.

Esau, Achilles, Lilith
>inb4 historical

Uhhhh... Queen Elizabeth I...

How nobody mentioned Elizabeth I yet?

Damn Ninja'd

Sun Quan
Genghis Khan

Shit, didn't the english think Redheads were witches? Or am I getting the timeline wrong?

No, English, like many others, believe that Gingers have no soul. That is all.

I had no idea Cleopatra and Genghis Khan were both redheads, that's really cool.

Gingers are the best desu.

Christopher Columbus

Mohammed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_redheads

a lot

He may have also had green eyes, but the accounts of his appearance by Muslim authors were written a couple hundred of years after his death.

>Thomas Jefferson
But he wore wigs, and powdered his hair, as was the fashion of the time.

Hayreddin Barbaros the ottoman admiral which btfo spain and venice so hard that the med became a turkish lake for the coming 50 years.

Henry VIII

kek

>It's another "I'm too lazy to Google shit "thread.

>Chuck Norris – Actor and martial artist[9]

Where are you getting your history from? A comic book?

Vivaldi was an ordained priest though.

>my evidence is a sepia tinted photo

Sauce is carolina luchtenberg

Do your own research perhaps. Red haired Mongols are already a well known subject.

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson

Willie Nelson

I think the only description of his eyes we have that was written during his life was that he had "cat's eyes". Interpret that however you want, most people assume it means he had green eyes.

bless you user

The greatest of them all.

Better now? Mongolians often show red hair, it's not something exclusive to europeans and not unusual amongst the northeastern asian populations, certainly rare but not too much, to the point that it isn't unlikely that genghis khan was a ginger as the persian accounts tell.

I heard Ramesses II through lots of intermarrying got red hair. Don't know if it's accurate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II#Mummy

That's correct, he also had a shitton of genetic conditions due that inbreeding, as did many other pharaohs (tuthankhamon being a prime example)

He actually had genetic links to Europe, like many pharaohs.

You believe anti-European bullshit. Fucking 10% of the U.K. is red headed. No, they didn't think redheads were witches.

That's true though, Mumammed was described as a redhead by all contemporary accounts.

how the fuck does that make any sense. Cat's eyes mean upturned not green

>Are there any famous redheads in history?
boadicea

WE

Except that there are literally no contemporary accounts of MoMo. Descriptions by people who knew people who knew him suggest that he had shoulder-length black hair.

Genghis khan

>literally making shit up

>Mental impairment: The Post.

Why is she famous?

>often
>not unusual
[citations needed]

Red hair is an extremely uncommon thing outside European populations.

Dunno if famous, Lorenzo de' Medici's wife, Clarice Orsini was described by his mother as having at least redish hair in a letter she send home to her husband after she had met and evaluated Clarice.

Richard the lionhearted

Really?

Don't forget who is daughter is, where do you think that came from

And at the very least he was played by damian Lewis, a redhead, in Wolf Hall ;)