Was the Boy King strictly male

Tutankhamun, born Tutankhaten, was supposedly the son of Akhenaten. However, there are many things about his corpse and his tomb that would suggest he was truly the son of the living embodiment of Aten (neither male nor female).

For one, there are many who suspect that his tomb was originally intended for a woman. This is based on grave inclusions, the size, and what direction you turn from the entrance to get to the tomb. Also, his tomb was heavy on the Osiris inscriptions/references which was often done so that a woman would be masculinized so to enter the after life. There's also the matter of his burial mask, which has female features as well.

Also, the identification of his sex is made difficult based on the skeletal remains. There was extensive post-mortem damage done to the key identifying skeletal features, including the pelvis and long leg bones (if my memory serves me correctly) and by the time the second exhumation of the mummy occurred in the 70s, his penis was not to be found (although photographed by Howard Carter's team).

He was a sick young man and had some weird features:
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100216-king-tut-malaria-bones-inbred-tutankhamun/

Now, I know genetic testing was done that proved via tracing the Y chromosome that he was Akhenaten's 'son'... But he was also inbred as f and I suspect maybe he suffered from Klinefelter syndrome or something like that. He also had 2 stillborn daughters. This could have been a result of hooking up with his sister, or the fact that his dad hooked up with his sister, but it could also be because of infertility caused by something like Klinefelter's syndrome.

Akhenaten sought to be portrayed as Aten and thereby depictions of him are androgynous. Could it not also have been because he suffered from a similar disorder? Tut reintroduced polytheism likely as a political move and so he is not depicted with the same androgynous features, but yeah... Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus-Anatolian-Hyrcanian_temperate_forest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutankhamun#/media/File:Mannequin_of_Tutankhamun.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>but yeah... Thoughts?

Kinda hot.

>tfw no high-born Egyptian gf (male)

Seeing as king Tut was handicapped due to inbreeding, why doesn't Veeky Forums hype him as much as Charlie? Is it because of racism due to him being black? Inb4 white washed CGI pictures.

Charlie who? I'm new to Veeky Forums and I'm not familiar with Veeky Forums memery yet

The Scythians were well known for their high rates of inborn genetically inherited true hermaphroditism, especially among their nobility.

Tutankhamun had an R1b derived parental haplotype. Mere coincidence.

Maybe he was just thicc

please explain the significance of the R1b haplotype here because I don't understand

Hello.

m8 I'm not going to spoonfeed you the most basic shit about lineage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus-Anatolian-Hyrcanian_temperate_forest

well fuck I guess I'll have to go and Google that shit when I'm not supposed to be working on course work (shouldn't be posting on here either desu, but w.e.)

He asks a fair question and you link a forest and insult him. Nice, faggot.

hello q_q

>we literally have pictures of his shriveled mummy dick
that ought to conclude any debates about his gender

>Klinefelter syndrome
If he suffered from some genetic disease, especially a chromosomal one, we would have known by now.

>that link
are you having a stroke

>explain the significance of the R1b haplotype
>asks a fair question

Fren??

>If he suffered from some genetic disease, especially a chromosomal one, we would have known by now.

Well sure maybe chromosomal ones would be easy to spot but inbred people can have pretty unique genetic issues.

Yeah everyone understands that King Tut's R1b is proof his black Chadian origins.

Compare this pic with Tut's bust:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutankhamun#/media/File:Mannequin_of_Tutankhamun.jpg

It's not really proof of anything. Jordan has considerable R1b.

My theory is that his family were Crypto-Hyksos.

>Crypto-Hyksos
hahahaaha what the fuck is that even supposed to mean

ok but this is the photograph...

also access to Tutankhamun's remains is extremely limited. There's only been one opportunity granted to go genetic testing on his mummy and they didn't test for any chromosomal disorders, they only analyzed his DNA to trace his paternal lineage

Hyksos were foreign rulers of Egypt from the Near East who were kicked out centuries before Tuts time. Hykso heritage would explain his Y-chromosome although it's not really necessary.

>King Tut's R1b is proof his black Chadian origins
hardly, it only includes Chad as one of a limited reasonable number of possible options. I don't really know much about when R1b was introduced to Chad desu.

>cherrypicked picture
see? Looks chinky af.

He was asking how R1b relates to this shit. It's a fair question

I thought so too but I guess I'm not getting an answer hahah

but yeah anyways what I was sort of getting at here was that androcentrism is funny. "This tomb looks like it was meant for a lady! Huh. So strange that there is a man in here." Maybe he was a lady, or something close to it, ya dummies. Explore the possibilities just a little bit further...

not going to pretend to know dick about the subject, but with the masculinization info posted here
would it be so weird for the embalmers to make tut a fake dick like with the fake beard or treated organs being replaced in the body during mummification

Hi fwen
Wa apy juce

r1b was introduced into sub-saharan africa by west asian afro-asiastic speakers.

1. Tutankhamun belonging to r1b hasn't been verified.
2. The Egyptians were not European but related to Near-Eastern populations.

>This tomb looks like it was meant for a lady! Huh. So strange that there is a man in here."
It's not that strange. The tomb wasn't made for him, and that's always been common knowledge. He died suddenly, and an official tomb for him hadn't been built yet, so he got stuck in a tomb that was ready. According to some Egyptologists, his funeral goods were also mostly probably taken from Neferneferuaten's tomb (again, because of the short notice of his sudden death).

There's no indication that people at the time considered him any less than a normal man. He died suddenly and had to be buried with stuff that was hand. So what do you think is more likely, that he was secretly intersex and no one mentioned it, or that he ended up getting stuck in a small tomb and with goods from someone else because no one was prepared for his death?

assigned pharaoh