youtu.be/l2Pyu-Cj0gg
standardschnauzer.org/ss_history.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moustache_(dog)
youtu.be/wUurm6fQ750
youtu.be/xgqrvsFeqTU
youtube.com/watch?v=C-Opm9b2WDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf is your problem?

Blondi (1941 – 29 April 1945) was Adolf Hitler's German Shepherd, a gift as a puppy from Martin Bormann in 1941. Blondi stayed with Hitler even after his move into the Führerbunker located underneath the garden of the Reich Chancellery on 16 January 1945.

Hitler was reportedly very fond of Blondi, keeping her by his side and allowing her to sleep in his bed in the bunker. According to Hitler's secretary Traudl Junge, this affection was not shared by Eva Braun, Hitler's companion (and later his wife), who preferred her two Scottish Terrier dogs named Negus and Stasi.

In March or in early April (likely 4 April) 1945, she had a litter of five puppies with Gerdy Troost's German Shepherd, Harras. Hitler named one of the puppies "Wulf", his favorite nickname and the meaning of his own first name, Adolf ("noble wolf") and he began to train her.One of Blondi's puppies was reserved for Eva Braun's sister Gretl. Eva sent Gretl a letter containing a photo of Blondi and three of her puppies, Gretl's being indicated with an arrow.

During the course of 29 April 1945, Hitler learned of the death of his ally Benito Mussolini at the hands of Italian partisans. This, along with the fact the Soviet Red Army was closing in on his location, strengthened Hitler in his resolve not to allow himself or his wife to be captured. That afternoon, Hitler expressed doubts about the cyanide capsules he had received through Heinrich Himmler's SS. By this point, Hitler regarded Himmler as a traitor, and he had doubts about the content of the capsules. To verify the capsules' contents, Hitler—who already intended to have Blondi killed so that she did not fall into the hands of the Russians ordered Dr. Werner Haase to test one on Blondi, and the dog died as a result. Hitler became completely inconsolable.

Did Blondi know how to do the roman salute?

YOU JUST KNOW

Fucking degenerates should be gassed.

>dogfags itt
Disgusting. Cats are the real heroes of history
>Simon was the unofficial mascot of the HMS Amethyst in 1949
>the ship moves up the Yellow river and gets targeted by communist chinese gunfire
>Simon was heavily wounded by shrapnel as he was sleeping with the captain when the first salvo landed, the captain was hit and bled out shortly after
>simon limped across the open deck under intense fire from PLA batteries until he was able to find an opening below
>despite his mortal injuries, he immediately worked to help his fellow sailors. Finding two men trapped underneath rubble, he stayed with them meowing for help until damage control teams arrived to free them
>for the next three hours he worked without rest, moving down the line of gun batteries and instilling morale with his presence
>only until he was on the verge of collapse did he stop and allow medical personnel to treat him
>it quickly became a triage situation on the Amethyst, and despite the protests of the crew, Simon wasn't expected to survive with the limited medical ability available
>miraculously, Simon's wounds began to heal and within days he was up and about helping the crew
>he refused the orders of the ship's XO to evacuate all nonessential personnel, and when rats infested the ship he became the leading rate tasked with their extermination
>finally, diplomatic talks secured the release of the Amethyst after 101 days of siege. Simon was declared a hero and given a number of awards including the Dickens medal for meritorious animal service, and a promotion to Able Seacat
>Simon died of his wounds shortly after the ship's arrival to England. He was two years old.

Take your own advice.

Cats fucking suck. They are the scourge of this Earth and deserve nothing more than to mindlessly chase the elusive red laser dot until their death relieves the world from their presence.

I don't care what that particular cat did. I didn't even read the rest of your post because I assure you, whatever heroics that cat carried out it was completely by mistake and it had no idea those actions would be commended by some humans. If it knew, he would have probably not done it at all because cats are fucking evil and love to bask in the misfortune of others.

Dogs are /ourguys/
Cats are reddit

This was funny.

>dogs
>literally slaves of mankind, have no free will, can't rid the house of pests, eat lots of food, they are for people that need affirmation of their humanity and its superiority to animals
>cats
>have their own personality, need to show respect, are useful as pest killers, never fall on their backs, worshipped as gods in many cultures, all animals fear them but they show their affection to humans if shown respect
Cats are obviously the superior intellectual pet as no feeble minded man can tame one, unlike the pleb dog, which is automatic plus one friend for lazy people.

>can't rid the house of pests,
youtu.be/l2Pyu-Cj0gg
heh kiddo, cats literally cannot even compete

>having to train a dog to catch small rats
>cats do it automatically

>thinking terriers needs to be trained and simply don't do it on instincts and prey drive
>not realizing cats are too fucking dumb and uncooperative to help people kill rats the organized way ratting terriers do
>no realizing whatever killing of pests cats is completely incidental and worthless

>if shown respect
You mean if you respectfully clean up his shit, feed him, don't bother him when he does not wish to be bothered, say nothing when he purposefully throws your family photos on the floor. Cats only get rid of pests because they enjoy killing. They enjoy the feeling of power over another animal's life, just like they enjoy making you their bitch. You are right on one thing though, cats do have their own personality. Too bad that personality is "Dickhead".

Meanwhile
>Dogs
>Man's best friend
>Help you shepherd around thousands of sheep
>Help you catch wild animals while hunting
>Shit you can actually have for dinner, not "pests" aka bringing ripped-open mouse carcasses into your house
>Defend you and your loved ones from determinate attackers
>Actually listen to your commands
>literally broest animal out there

What is the best breed of dog, and why is it the standard schnauzer?

>sharp as hell
>loyal to a fault
>perfect size
>guards
>herds (both sheep and children)
>kills pests
>trees small game

If I wasn't so dead set on saving some poor fucker from the pound, I'd get a purebred standard schnauzer.

Oh, and since it's Veeky Forums: standardschnauzer.org/ss_history.htm

Schnauzers are babby tier compared to Jack Russel Terriers

Do you think some ancient warlord had a dog that did cute stuff like this during very serious meetings?
Were there ancient or middle ages leaders that treated their dogs like people or were they all mean jerk?

>Dr doggo and mister pupper

I might have an erection from this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moustache_(dog)
>Moustache followed behind the regiment, which had no other dogs, as it left the town and, on the approval of the drum major, was allowed to accompany the unit on campaign.[3] The regiment was headed to Italy as part of the Italian Campaign fought by France against Austria during the French Revolutionary Wars.

>Though Moustache was not a trained military dog, he apparently took to military life well, comfortably crossing the Great St Bernard Pass through the Alps with First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte's army in spring 1800.[4] It is during this stage that one of Moustache's most famous actions is reputed to have taken place. Whilst the regiment was encamped near Belbo the Austrians are said to have mounted a surprise night attack on the camp in stormy weather conditions.[3][4] It is claimed that Moustache noticed the approaching Austrian troops and barked to alert the grenadiers, who stood to, and repulsed the attack. After this event, the Colonel of the grenadier regiment is said to have formally placed Moustache on the roll as a grenadier and gave him a collar bearing the regiment's name.[4] Additionally, he ordered that Moustache receive the field rations entitled to a grenadier and that he be combed by the unit's barber once per week.

>According to de Fivas, Moustache was responsible for the discovery of an Austrian spy in the French camp just prior to the Battle of Austerlitz. The dog is alleged to have leapt to his feet and barked at the Austrian to alert French soldiers.

>Moustache did engage in close combat with one opponent - a pointer owned by an Austrian corporal that approached the French lines.[3] De Fivas says that Moustache quickly pounced on the larger, stronger dog and fought with him for some time before a musket shot killed the pointer.[7] Cano states that Moustache was also wounded by the shot, losing an ear.
>Moustache's greatest achievement is said to have taken place at Austerlitz. De Fivas states that Moustache went into battle with the cuirassiers and was present when the regimental standard bearer was surrounded by Austrian soldiers.[8] The standard bearer apparently killed three Austrians before he was himself cut down, wrapping the flag around him as he fell to prevent its capture.[8] It is at this point that de Fivas alleges that Moustache confronted the five or six remaining Austrians and was about to be bayoneted when the group was hit by a blast of artillery grapeshot.[8] Moustache, wounded in the leg, is reputed to have torn the flag off the body of the standard bearer and returned it to the French camp.[8][9] In recognition of this action Marshal Jean Lannes is reported to have ordered that Moustache's old collar be replaced with a copper medal on a piece of red ribbon.[8] De Fivas states that this medal was engraved with the words "II perdit une jambe à la bataille d'Austerlitz, et sauva le drapeau de son régiment" on the front, and "Moustache, chien français : qu'il soit partout respecté et chéri comme un brave" on the reverse,[8] which translates to "He lost a leg at the Battle of Austerlitz and saved the regimental flag" and "Moustache, A French dog: Everywhere respected and cherished as a hero" respectively. At least one other source says instead that the medal was silver and had a tricolore collar.[1]

>Moustache later had to have his wounded leg amputated.[8] Other rewards he is said to have received for this event include an order being issued that whichever regiment he presented himself at would have to feed him the rations of a serving soldier and that he was placed on the regimental books and was to receive the pay and rations of a soldier.[1][8] A further legend says that Moustache was presented to Napoleon himself and demonstrated to have performed a trick whereby he would cock his leg whenever France's enemies were mentioned.

>At the Battle of Essling, Moustache was supposed to have found a mate. Upon joining the front lines, a fellow Poodle was spotted amongst the enemy. During the course of the battle, the two met and the female Poodle accompanied Moustache back to the French camp. This relationship lasted about a year and together the pair produced puppies which were looked after by the women of the camp.

>"Gather your men, and prepare to ride. The dissident villages of the south must be crushed! Every man, wom- D'AWWW! Mr. Sniffles is doing it again! Who's a shnoogie-woogie-oogums, awwwww!"

Almost humanlike, as if he was actually a soldier himself. Too bad his grave got demolished by jealous Spanish
cucks. Someone should make a smug Moustache the dog meme tbqh.

>jealous Spanish cucks
Well, when you start massacring civilians, it tends to irritate people.

>tfw people unironically admire Napoleon, an unrepentant monster.

You'd massacre civilians too if they were your enemy. Napoleon literally did nothing wrong.

too small, but otherwise perfect

Can cats hunt wolves and fight off bears? Can they herd? Can they pull sledges?
Ah, thought so.

>In addition to his message-carrying skills in France during World War I, Rags had a number of other unique behaviors. When Rags was first in the front lines and came under shellfire, he simply imitated the men around him who would drop to the ground and hug it tightly. Before long, the soldiers observed Rags hugging the ground with his paws spread out before anyone heard the sound of an incoming round. The men soon realized that Rags' acute and sensitive hearing was telling him when the shells were coming well before they could hear them. The doughboys learned to keep their eyes on Rags, and he became an early-warning system for artillery shell fire.[13]

>During a rest period behind the lines, James Donovan taught Rags a method of dog saluting that Rags would use for the rest of his military life. Instead of extending his paw out to shake hands, as most dogs were taught, Rags would raise his paw a bit higher and close to his head. For many years afterward, Rags would appear at the flag pole at various military bases for the retreat ceremony. As the flag was lowered and the bugle played, Rags could be seen saluting with the assembled troops. He was observed doing this at Forts Sheridan and Hamilton.[14] Another lifelong activity was Rags' daily tour of whatever army base at which he was living. Early on, he would identify the mess halls with the best food and most hospitable staff. He would visit them each day for treats, and most had a special water bowl placed out for him.[15]

what a great boy

*blocks your path*

Poodles are based dogs that get a bad rap because the smaller breeds are irredeemable hellhounds.

You can't train cats. Anything that a cat does that looks like trained behavior is a reflection of your inability to identify confirmation bias.

All of these stories are made up as coping mechanisms by a group of traumatized young men.

My boardercollie does, so maybe

The greentext was about a dog though

doggos truly are the best

here's one defending a girl from a wolfcuck:

youtu.be/wUurm6fQ750

I have a Jack Russell terrier and she catches mice in my basement with 0 training. What's better is that she actually KILLS the mice she finds; many cats will only wound them and bring them to you to finish off because they're retarded

Ah Blondi, yet another in the long line of beings that Hitler betrayed and led to their deaths.

>Cats fucking suck. They are the scourge of this Earth
Umm... do you have any idea how much benefit cats have brought humans over the course of history by keeping rodent populations down and protecting grain?

Dogs are just as good, if not better ratters.

Cocker spaniels are god tier family dogs. Very sweet, calm temperament and good with children as well as too small to hurt them. At least a 9/10 breed tbqh

nice try

Just look at him

>and demonstrated to have performed a trick whereby he would cock his leg whenever France's enemies were mentioned.

scary doggos

youtu.be/xgqrvsFeqTU

wow what a fag kill urself any time lol haha

Are you fucking serioud you bitch made newfag cockslop nigger faggot? You couldnt more precisely announce you were from reddit. The existence of caturday is a foreign concept to cumshit 19 year old shitgoblins like yourself. Fuck off and die in a hole.

>/b/ shit
It's not 2006 anymore, stop trying so hard to fit in

t. nervous 17 year old trying to compensate

DELET

My grandpa adopted one for my mom when she was a kid. She says it was the sweetest dog ever.

>stop trying so hard to fit in
>KE EVERYTHING THAT DOESNT FIT MY IDEA OF THIS WEBSITE IS LE REDDIT

ur a fgt

Nervous? Are you esl? Lol

n..no

>I got my gestalt from fucking Unclyslopedia
This might have passed 8 years ago

You're your cats bitch.

>yadda yadda yadda personality
You mean the fucking thing walks all over you?

Cat owners enjoy being cucks.

>catfags getting btfo ITT
Did they even stand a chance?

AYY
OI
HOLD THE PHONE
WAIT A SEC
SLOW DOWN THERE
JUST A MOMENT
Veeky Forums, what is the biggest breed of "domesticated" doggo out there?
I guess there would be one for cats, but they wouldn't be as big...

>They enjoy the feeling of power over another animal's life
>implying this makes cats bad
>durr my dog kills when I tell it to so it's better
Dogs are just naturally cucked animals and the original beta-orbiters. You don't have to be nice to them at all and they will still love you endlessly because they're too stupid to think anything else. They're also incredibly easy to brainwash into doing absolutely anything.

>kill dog
>wtf dog is dead!? ;-;

>Choosing an abusive relationship above a loving friendship
Cat ppl everyone

>You don't have to be nice to them at all and they will still love you endlessly because they're too stupid to think anything else. They're also incredibly easy to brainwash into doing absolutely anything.
>Implying this makes dogs bad.
>Durr my cat doesn't listen to me so its better.
I like cats, cats are fun as fuck. Dogs are superior in every fucking way though. Cats are useless besides killing small rodents and baby birds. Dogs are actually useful animals for guarding, hunting, and herding. Not to mention they can actually be trained, unlike cats.

Shame spaniels have smelly infection-prone ears.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-Opm9b2WDk

If we're talking about the use of dogs as slaves and tools then I'll agree that they're superior, but I'll bet you don't live on a farm and you have no use for a dog that can do any of that shit. And being mindless enough that you can be taught to do anything for someone else isn't admirable. Nothing is more hilarious than seeing a dog who's entire existence is devoted to performing some task for a human like sniffing luggage or chasing sheep.

Cats however are natural survivors and don't need owners, they clean themselves so they don't fucking smell, they're soft and affectionate, and have personality besides "happy animal that rolls in shit and barks at everything".
Dogs will only be cool so long as they have a use to people, and once they're easily replaced by machines we'll do away with them.

t. jealous Spanish cuck

Classic Adolf

being this mad, was you mother gangraped by cats ?:^)

tfw my Labradoodle died last week and i'm reading this thread

*sniff*

fucking saved

I'm just surprised by how many dogfags there are on Veeky Forums now.

It's because /pol/ started to promote dogs since they were Hitler's favorite and now there's dogfaggotry everywhere.

Times change. People change. I will always remember 4cat fondly tho.

it's newfags

Dutch Stadtholder William of Orange, who initially led the Dutch revolt, owned a little pug named Pompey. During one of the stadtholders campaigns a group of Spanish troops had snuck into the Dutch camp, planning to kill William. Pompey apparently heard them coming and tried to wake his master up, first by barling at him, then by scratching at him and when that still didn't wake him up he jumped on his face. Pompey waking William gave him just enough time to escape from his attackers.
He was, objectively speaking, a good boy.