Kingdom of Poland

What weapons and armor did medieval Poland use?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druzhina
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warfare_in_Medieval_Poland
brego-weard.com/lib/MA445.pdf
polisharms.com/ancient1/
swordhistory.info/?p=240
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What weapons and armor did medieval Poland use?
horses

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druzhina

Define Poland

they used lances in WW2 so probably stones and wooden clubs

what does that have to do with OP?
Druzhina is a name for a common banding form.

Also it is tattooed heavily in my brain because of RO2

ah yes, the famous Veeky Forums intellectuals

The same as other European countries.

bags of sand

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warfare_in_Medieval_Poland
brego-weard.com/lib/MA445.pdf
polisharms.com/ancient1/
swordhistory.info/?p=240
Hard to google?

The same as in the west altough the poorer knights had eastern equipment.

That wasn't even used after 12th century.

Fun fact they have a king who's a national hero in Bulgaria

Who?

Władysław III, in Bulgaria known as Bлaдиcлaв Bapнeнчик (Vladislav Varnenchik) for his efforts against the Ottomans. He commanded combined forcess of Poland and the Bulgarian rebels led by the last Bulgarian Emperor in exile Fruzhin.

Apparently the Bulgarian people were ever so moved by his sacrifice, they sung songs and after their liberation from the Ottomans converted an ancient Thracian Tomb on the site of the battle into a memorial dedicated to him. Pic related

This is pretty retarded but closer to correct than any other post. Heavy equipment was bastardized western design, imported from Germans and J*ws, and Lithuanian and scummier riders would have traditional or newfangled Kiev-style crap.
Overall is the key word

Forgot to say there's a street named after him literally every city

>There is also /x/-tier theory that he escaped battle, settled on Madeira and dicked local women until he spawned Cristopher Columbus.

>Theory being ruined by the fact that he was infact gay

t. Helmut Abdullah Ivanov

Chainmail, Lance, Sword, Shield

>implying the theory isn't true
It's super obvious that it happened. It's not like his head was cut off or something LMAO

Prior to early 12th century it was basically a cross of Norse and Eastern styles like pic related.

Later on until 16th century Poland was like a regular Western European kingdom in terms od warfare and weaponry, with only easternmost parts being influenced by Ruthenia and later the Mongols.

I lost screencap, but I saved a quote:

>Poland was fielding heavy cavalry in large numbers since 10th century. I have recently read Helmold of Bosau's chronicle for history of 12th century Northern Germany and even there, when briefly mentioning Poland, the chronicler mentions how terrifying the Polish cavalry is.

im trying to imagine what a german-turkish-russian person would look like but all i can think of is a burning polish flag and the word partition.

It's true. Władysław III was most likely gay

The same other Europeans used, only a little bit more Polish.