Please recommend me some reading material on this unsung hero of Europe

Please recommend me some reading material on this unsung hero of Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-c9br4VL-8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Castlevania is pretty accurate

Bump

What's there to say? He was an allround badass.

That's not Ceauşescu

Can someone give me the quick rundown on what he did and why he has such a legacy?

>be heir to a small medieval dutchy sized nation - Wallachia, that's a vassal of sorts to the gigantic militaristic apparently unstoppable Ottoman empire
>be taken as a child by the sultan
>be groomed to become the next ruler of Wallachia
>take the throne
>rule with an iron fist, stick pikes up people's asses if they disobey or commit any crimes
>stop paying taxes, pretty much declaring your independence
>be so got at strategy you manage to starve out and defeat the Ottoman army
>liberate Bulgaria
>die after being imprisoned twice
>be remembered as a cruel but just badass

>be so got at strategy you manage to starve out and defeat the Ottoman army
How?

Try 1979 Vlad Tepes movie. Even though the episode about Sultan's son is a fake,the rest of the movie is pretty accurate.

Night raids on army camps, supply lines, Scorched Earth tactics during the retreat.

>die after being imprisoned twice
Nah, he's defeated in battle and his head is taken to Constantinople where its displayed to the Sultan

>Basarab Laiotă returned to Wallachia with Ottoman support, and Vlad died fighting against them in late December 1476 or early January 1477.[122][116] In a letter written on 10 January 1477, Stephen III of Moldavia related that Vlad's Moldavian retinue had also been massacred.[123] According to Leonardo Botta, the Milanese ambassador to Buda, the Ottomans cut Vlad's corpse into pieces.[123][122] Bonfini wrote that Vlad's head was sent to Mehmed II.[124]

Close enough, I read up on him a while ago didn't remember every detail.

He was a vampire and could raise skeletons to fight for him.

Baibars was pretty based desu

Why do I laugh at stupid shit like this

Sally fortshhhhhhh! Shally foooorrsssh! *picks up jaw and snaps it into place* SALLY FOOOOOOORTH!!!!

Europe?

Slavs aren't european they are barely human.

Did he used drums ? youtube.com/watch?v=-c9br4VL-8I

>[Vlad] had a big copper cauldron built and put a lid made of wood with holes in it on top. He put the people in the cauldron and put their heads in the holes and fastened them there; then he filled it with water and set a fire under it and let the people cry their eyes out until they were boiled to death. And then he invented frightening, terrible, unheard of tortures. He ordered that women be impaled together with their suckling babies on the same stake. The babies fought for their lives at their mother's breasts until they died. Then he had the women's breasts cut off and put the babies inside headfirst; thus he had them impaled together.

Yes, badass

Don't act like the Turkic peoples had been any less cruel. Not that this makes either side's atrocities something to condone, but cruelty is often met with even more brutal cruelty, and this continues to spiral out of control until Muslim and Christian armies are clashing amid acres of impaled corpses like some hellish orchard of death with every furtile field burned and salted and every water source poisoned

Since when are Rumanians Slavs

he was an idiot, you wont be independant between hungary and ottomans, you pick a side

apparently he picked death