Hannibal and the Second Punic War

What did Hannibal and the Carthaginians look like?

Was History Channel wrong to portray him as a black man?

Also, Second Punic War movie/miniseries when? Make it a prequel to HBO's Rome.

The Carthaginians were from modern day Lebanon and intermarried with various North Africans, so they would look like MENA people today. While it's possible there were Sub-Saharan Africans in the military, it's doubtful Hannibal or any other Carthaginians were Sub-Saharan.

SADLY THERE ARE NO CARTHAGINIAN SAMPLES AVAILABLE... WHAT A SHAME!

Like this , this is your average carthaginian

Is it true he was blind in or lost an eye on campaign? Did he wear an eye patch or replace it with a prosthetic?

Well he probably didn't wear a roman symbol for Christianity.

EH punic wars was better

Holy shit I didn't even notice that, lmao.

They were pretty black.

There are several "Negro/Moor" heads from Punic cities in Iberia and Sardinia

>"History Channel"

Hannibal himself would've looked like someone from modern day Lebanon, where the ruling class of Carthage came from

The Carthaginian people in genreral would've looked like Tunisians, for obvious reasons

I don't know man, look at the dude to the left in .

So... like lighter skinned arabs?

*berbers

After his march over the alps hannibal was forced to cross a swamp to avoid in northern Italy. Here it is documented by Romans (truthfully or not) that most of hannibams elephants died crossing the difficult terrain and he suffered an accident in which he lost his eye. While of dubious quality there are many sources confieming his loss of an eye. As for replacing it i have found no evidence to suggest he did.

*Avoid Gauls in northern Italy

He most probably looked like a very, very tanned Greek. Probably black hair instead of brown and slightly broader nose.
Mediteranean folks =/= Africans.
All Mediteranean folks kinda looked the same, untill much later central Europe happened

Caracalla was black tho.

>1/4 Punic
>1/4 Italian
>1/2 Syrian
>Black
How

>Hannibal was Arab

Tunisians and Lebanese are not genetically Arab

Wasn't Hannibal a berber ? If it's true i would say he was probably not black

Tunisians (and the rest of North africa) are berbers but aren't Lebanese levantine arabs ?

lets be real here
you dont care about any of this shit, you just pin it up in order to post this bait pic

>aren't
J1 didn't wait the Califate to get out of the peninsula senpai

*panics and tramples your own troops*

>Nothing personnel, Carthaginian scum