BAT primer

Why haven't you invested in BAT yet?

BAT is Basic Attention Token, a token that will go hand in hand with the Brave browser. To understand BAT you have to understand Brave.

Brave is a new browser made by the guy who invented Javascript and co founded Mozilla. He created Brave to compete with chrome and Firefox by making a browser with built in privacy tools and adblocker. The tools are enabled by default (versus having to install adons with the other browsers to hide ads and protect your privacy). In Brave, you can choose to opt out of the privacy tools in return for receiving BAT as payment for looking at the ads.

The current model is:
1. Advertisers pay websites to show ads and track users
2. Website keeps all the money, forces you to view ads
3. Only smart nerds know how to block ads and protect their privacy.

This model also opens advertisers up to fraudulent clicks and ads. They're paying thinking they're delivering ads when really it's just some pajeet click farm.

The brave model is:
1. Browser by default blocks ads and protects privacy.
2. Advertisers provide incentive to users to view their ads.
3. Website and users share in advertising dollars.

Brave's system claims it will cut out advertising fraud. If these claims are true, advertisers and users will benefit from Brave and BAT. The entire advertising economy will be more profitable because ads will only be delivered to an audience who is receptive. Those of us who don't want to view ads won't have to, and websites will be able to market their user base demographic to advertisers more efficiently.

Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/first-phase-of-the-basic-attention-token-platform-nears-rollout/
twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/897564516359196672
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's how BAT works. I've seen people here say "durrr this coin is stupid I use adblock." These guys are retarded and are unable to see the value in technology that improves a service. To them, they only buy coins that are 75% done mooning because they need to look at what others have already bought into before they can make decisions for themselves.

BAT is like 19 cents right now. Dont bother screenshotting, i will and i will repost when one BAT is is measured in dollars. You could buy thousands right now. I have thousands. I'm holding until I'm fucking rich. Good luck bros, I just laid it out for you in one real thread amidst the catalog of retarded distr0x faggot shills

im sick of these threads telling me about some new coin. How about you tell some pros AND cons so we can make a more educated decision. obv this isnt where im gonna get my main info but tell more than just whats good about it..

I literally explained the entire thing. 99% of the threads here are just memes saying "he didn't buy xxxx"

fair enough i appreciate you writing more than average slimes do around here

I have a ton of BAT already, the thought that its only 20 cents now is hilarious bu its coming up soon

Own 1600, what's minimum amount needed before rocket ship in order to make it?

>based on the ethereum blockchain

Why not invest in ethereum instead?

I put $2 bucks into this ultra shitcoin and it's been only going down. I fucking want my $2 back.

looks promising. The fact that they already have a browser and plan to implement BAT into it soon is pretty cool.

I dunno about practical use yet; Since the price of crypto is so volatile i dont see how advertisers can start using it yet.

I do expect it to go up in price in the next few weeks, but thats true for a lot of coins

So your saying I buy this coin then get rich yes?

What if this crazy genius actually takes a chunk out of the chrome and mozilla user bases? What if advertisers start lining up to use the BAT platform because they get better returns on their dollar?

that would be worth billions and billions of dollars

Just cashed out of AdEx. Thinking about buying into this. Is this browser they have even any good? Lots of backlash at google with their censorship and what not. This could take a small portion of their customer base if it comes around soon.

What would its potential be though??

bat news is coming out this week so it should snap up to new all time highs

Supply is way too high for this to ever be profitable.

Have you ever heard of percentages? Are you a nigger?

Unless you have 1 million of these, there's no way to make a significant profit.

Bitch, there is a fixed supply. It is not possible for BAT to be too plentiful. What kind of retarded expectations do you have? This is why we compare market caps, not token price.

Using brave for a week. It is kinda like chrome but without ads and the loggers

What did they mean by this?

basicattentiontoken.org/first-phase-of-the-basic-attention-token-platform-nears-rollout/

RIGHT WING DOG WHISTLE

BAT = BAN ALL TURDSKINS

twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/897564516359196672

Get ready for lift off boys!

Using the Brave browser right now. It seems pretty quick with lot's of security/privacy features built in. Also seems to use less memory than Chrome.