Why does this board hate Rommel but love Guderian?

Why does this board hate Rommel but love Guderian?

Basic bitch contrarianism. Everyone's heard of Rommel, most normies have never heard of Guderian.

Rommel is overrated. Majority of people that jerk off to Rommel don't even know shit about him lmao.

Guderian and Manstein underrated.

Or perhaps he was a really bad Field Marshal?

Nonsense. I think both of them are vastly overrated, in large part because they were such self-serving mouthpieces of their own campaigns.

Rommel is overrated by people who know nothing of German military history. Mostly Americans and Brits who like him because he allegedly was part of a plot to assassinate Hitler.

this

Childhood is idolising Rommel and Guderian
Adulthood is realizing Model and Manstein made more sense.

>Guderian

Literally who?

Because people like to be edgy and pick the one no normies know about, despite the fact that they were pretty much the same.

*runs out of fuel*
*kills himself*

Old age is realising Montgomery made the most sense.

Rommel was an overrated general who knew absolutely nothing about logistics and was a general asshole.

Guderian (along with the Soviets) pioneered the concept of the armored spearhead, a tactic that was revolutionary for its time.

>Market Garden Monty

>1 operation means he's a total fuck up
>Ignoring the entirely new training methods he applied
>Frequent speeches
>Boosted soldier morale
>Resupplied his men
>Fixed the equipment disparity
>Fucked over a heavily entrenched and defended German line
Montgomery is fairly underrated

wtf I love the Montster now

who was bigger meme general?

>fucked over by simple enemy tactics that can be countered by heavy artillery and aerial bombardment
I don't see what you're trying to prove here

He was pretty much gift-wrapped El Alamein, being appointed to command the 8th Army right when it'd just been rebuilt and most of the prep work already done. He was also an arrogant asshole, more so than Patton and his ego cost many more lives than the latter's ever did. Monty also claimed most of the credit for rescuing the Ardennes, Churchill himself had to smooth things over with the Americans over that arrogant bullshit.

On a related matter closer to home, his "win the war by Christmas" foolishness meant he shafted the Canadian forces attempting to clear the Scheldt and secure Antwerp so the Allies could have a functioning seaport near the front lines, just about everything was still coming from the Normandy beaches as the Germans had wrecked all the ports along the coast. People give Rommel shit for logistics, Monty ignored the bigger picture just as badly in the interests of personal and British glory.

He wasn't a bad general but he certainly wasn't underrated, they should've left him in Italy to manage that grindfest, he might've come out with a better reputation.

I'd give a slight edge to Rommel. Pattonboos are overwhelmingly American. Rommel has more of an international meme reputation.

Patton probably. Ike is far higher tier

Ike was a glorified bureaucrat

he was a Nazi, even after the war.

sorry, thought you meant Guderian, Rommel was in fact affiliated with the 20th July plot, though he didn't participate.

Who is the best general of WW2 and why is it Vassilevsky?

You spelled Rokossovsky wrong

Y'all Niggers never heard of Chernyakhovsky. Literally has a lake named after him.

Manstein and Zhukov were the greatest generals of WWII. It's a pretty mainstream opinion, but I think its the most correct one.

yeah, once you get dementia

Rommel was extremely overrate Guderian was actually a very competent general.