Siacoin

Did you wonder why there was FUD?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sia.tech/sia-may-august-2017-update-8929f21c56f7
coinmarketcap.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

related

Are you really going to ignore the incoming pump?

Yes because Sia is never going to even reach $1

>what is percentile increase

>what is being delusional

You're trading in USD? Trade in sats or wei, you idiot. It's undervalued.

To get to 1 dollar it requires a 12917% increase.

If i buy $200 of Sia and it goes from $0.007682 to $0.015364, that is a 100% increase.

My $200 will go to $400 dollars. It doesn't have to reach 1 dollar you pleb, it only has to make percentile gains. The capital gain is exactly the same as any other coin if the percentile gain is the same.

50% rise in BTC will yield the same profits as a 50% rise in SC if the original investment is the same.

Is all of Veeky Forums this retarded?

Sia is the first and only cloud storage platform where you can put your data in the cloud without losing control of it. Today, when you put your data in the cloud, someone else owns it. Apple, Amazon, Google, or Microsoft own the data. They can decide to delete your data, they can change your terms of service, they can enforce vendor lock-in. Nobody else offers that.
Sia is 10% the price of traditional storage, and yes, that's a sustainable advantage. In bulk, 1 TB costs less than $20, and lasts between 60 and 72 months.
Sia is set up to be faster, lower latency, more distributed, more reliable, and higher uptime than traditional cloud storage. The default price for Sia includes storing data in 10-50 geographic locations. The default price for Amazon gives you 1 geographic location. For bandwidth, Sia is only 1% the price.
Sia is a big step forward for the cloud. It's how we got our venture funding. Sia is going to change the way that people think about data storage. It's currently a $20 billion per year industry, and some believe that it's going to eclipse $200 billion in the next few years.

Sia is a game changer. I'm telling you that now, just like I told people who sold at 28 after buying at 150. People who are worried that the devs don't care about the coin price are missing the picture. How can you host a $200 billion storage economy with a coin that has a market cap of $200 million? If Sia takes over the cloud storage market, people will be forced to buy the coin to use Sia. The price easily has 1000x room to grow from it's all time high.

>the host loses your important file
>"whatever it's only $2 fuck this 100 sat coin"

out of all the alts this one seems really cool to me.

Ive read tho theres plenty of cloud storage solutions that will be cheap anyway...I dont really understand any of that.

But can someone explain to me why this coin is worth half a penny?
Doesnt make sense to me how so many shitcoins are worth $5-50, and this one is worth half a cent when it looks to have potential

how is sia better/different then storj?

sia = decentralized
storj = centralized bridge easier for idiots with the main dev leaving and CEO resigning

Yeah but if i only buy 5 sia cause thats all i can afford how will i get millions

the coin supply is enormous. i liked siacoin and i made a bundle off it a couple months ago but it will never be a top player in crypto.

why is cloud storage worthy of a 220million market cap?

Incorrect, it's not the only one, there is StorJ and Filecoin

blog.sia.tech/sia-may-august-2017-update-8929f21c56f7

>We are fully committed to seeing Siacoin in the top ten cryptocurrencies. We believe that we should be in the top ten, as we have one of the most ambitious visions, one of the best development teams, and one of the only working products in the entire crypto space.

>why is cloud storage worthy of a 220million market cap?

Not really a lot for an industry that will probably be huge in the coming years.

5$ to a millie?
That's possible, given a millions years...

hahaha you have no idea how market caps work, you should sit on the sidelines until you understand what you are putting your money into

but my losses are your gains.

And thats why i asked, could you explain quickly?

LOL a better question is why does anyone think this is smart way to provide the service LOL

I already sold Sia when it was over 700sat

but I'll explain market cap to you;
You take the current price of the coin and multiply it by the circulating supply.
So for Sia (SC) there are currently 28,619,921,499 SC in existence and 1 SC is worth $0.007637 so that means the market cap of SC is $218,580,930. This means for Sia to double in price with the current supply, their market cap would have to rise to ~437 million dollars. That's how much money would have to move into Sia for it to just double.

So what you should take from this is that the price doesn't matter at all. Price x Circulating Supply is what matters. You should be asking yourself how likely is it that your coin's market cap rises (or decrease) and at what percent of it's current market cap.

percentile gains dont matter because people dont want a coin that costs less than $1. Its hard to take it seriously, so no matter if you want normal gains or percentile gains, a coin needs respect to get people to use it. Siacoin doesnt get respect.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

No one wants the Japanese yen. That's right.

>a whole pizza is bigger than two half pizzas

>make so many coins that they can never be worth $1
>some people are actually willing to buy it

besides the supply sia is a good coin, but its such an important thing and they fucked it up so badly .

Thanks user, helps a lot

You're literally retarded

coinmarketcap.com/

If you want to keep track

SIA uses a RAID system meaning redundancy is 2x to 3x. Google, Amzon, Apple also use the same systems. One guy loosing a part of your file does not affect anything

Seems like SIA has potential to go x100 at tops if it reaches 20Bil not 1000x.

Storj is centralized and filecoin doesn't exist.
So it is the only one.

>But can someone explain to me why this coin is worth half a penny?
Large coin supply to make sure no one has a large majority. According to the main dev, no one has more than 3%. No coin has this.

Overall price of the coin is irrelevant, it's about marketcap.

Files are distributed among 30 host. And no one host controls anything.
Learn what you're criticizing.

I'm not sure how I could see it ever reaching 20 billion. Most of it's features businesses don't really care about. I don't think they really would see a reason why they should switch.

Lower cost?
Not losing control?
Being a market place of storage all over the world?
Decentralization?
100% up time?
Pay per use?

Cost is competitive, Amazon and the likes can go cheaper than they are at now if they are threatened
Who is currently losing control?
They don't care
They don't care
They already have 100% up time
They don't care

Not to mention Sia doesn't have anything that resembles marketing or PR

I swear to fuck, are you that same faggot bitching about sia not having good PR?

Also, you're just a single person, not a company.
And once sia becomes big, I expect you to show your dumb head.

What company gives a shit about cloud storage being decentralized?
Everyone is talking about their terrible PR, read any forum post about Sia on any website, there is a reason they dropped from 850sat.

Logically it shouldn't matter, but there is truth to what you're saying. It's like how investors treat penny stocks compared to high priced stocks.

Hey remind me again what happens if your node goes offline for a split second as your contract expires?

Nothing? Sia prioritizes nodes with90-95% uptime. If you quit, you lose your collateral and you don't get paid. If it's a mistake, you go back online and get paid