Was he the ultimate traitor?

Was he the ultimate traitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYD6ouVHXbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no. it was the hardliners that overthrew him and then got overthrown by the CIA/Yeltsin.

Russians must love this guy, right?

>helped the country transition to capitalism
>prevented a civil fucking war with nuclear weapons
>"traitor"

He's one of Putin's sharpest critics, so no, not really.

He's the reason the Soviet Union didn't end with nuclear Armageddon, Pretty based in my opinion.

>implying any country was actually gonna kill hundreds of millions of people because of a dick-measuring contest

>implying any country was actually gonna kill hundreds of millions of people because of a dick-measuring contest

>hasn't killed hundreds of millions of people
You just proved my point

He was a little bitch shame that Stalin didn't gulag his family earlier.

>Stopped supporting democratically elected regimes moderate in the middle east (Mossadegh in Iran, Afghanistan 1978-1992), thereby letting the US turn the place into a fundamentalist Islamist shithole

*yet

You actually think he's going to do it and go down as worse than Hitler?

"""""Transition""""""" to capitalism worse than FTM or MTF transitions lol

In terms of the interests of the USSR he was the biggest idiot of all time betrayed Honecker,Jeruzelski,Ceausescu,Zhivkov,Husak etc

Truth be told, no. But only because his lieutenants will keep him from doing so. It'll be there heads America comes to collect if there's another war.

The guy is insane.

Hitler isn't a genocidal maniac-1933

No. He brought Pizza Hut to Russia.

ITT: tankies

>been that brainwashed

>Buying Western Propaganda this hard.

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=OYD6ouVHXbo

No, because he made russians appear weaker.

you clearly don't know Russia

Show me where you from

>prevented a civil war
>traitor

Fuck off, stupid commieboo.

>visits Canadian supermarket
>realizes Communism is gay as fuck

How would Marx feel if he knew that his ideology would die like that?

Are you kidding? The 90s were the biggest nightmare for Russians since the German invasion, and a majority of Russian citizens want the USSR back.

Poland

why is Slovenia not in the butthurt part of europe?

And Serbia, and Greece.

Im almost certain they just want their clay+global relevance and dominance back

>no Greece
Alexander was not Greek

>old lady is carrying water from well
>son is dead in war
>husband dead in gulag
>water is heavy
>food is nonexistent
>a MiG buzzes past overhead and she falls to the ground
>she points at the jet and smiles
>"look at how strong and powerful I am!"
I feel this ancient joke perfectly sums up how Russians think.

Holy fuck I haven't laughed this hard at a Veeky Forums post in a while.

traitor? no

failed reformer? yes

It was obvious to everyone in the Politburo that the Soviet Union was flatlining and needed economic reform to keep supporting itself. But the reforms themselves set off a chain of events that quickly spun out of Gorbachev's control. namely:

1. Rearranging the higher cabinets and the Supreme Soviet threatened the positions of the aging leaders who have been sitting there for 40+ years, causing resentment among the most influential in government, creating a hardline faction that directly opposed the reforms as it threatened their positions directly.

2. opening up social reforms such as free speech and assembly allowed all the nationalist tension in the Republics to boil over, causing mass unrest in the Baltic states and Caucasus, and later to Ukraine/Central Asia.Nationalists were free to express their dissatisfaction with the government, but that escalated into calls for independence.

3. the flatlining economy didn't improve from the reforms because of said civil unrest and political upheaval, the Soviets were bankrupting themselves, and the economy only worsened from the unrest.

4. The Coup was the final straw that divided the Supreme Soviet, and if the situation continued, Gorbachev was faced with full civil war, and the union was dissolved between the threat of civil war and total bankruptcy.

tl;dr: Gorby tried to fix it, but the situation was too far gone by the time he got there.

Remind me how many wars are the North Koreans currently fighting?

>committing countless atrocities against his own people

We don't even get cheap shit from them like china

>WE GOTTA SAVE ALL THE PRECIOUS BABIES