Lets talk Obsidian

Lets talk Obsidian

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-internet-crackdown-virtual-private-networks-vpns-facebook-twitter-youtube-google-whatsapp-a7879641.html
medium.com/@obsidian_crypto/early-insights-for-investors-in-the-obsidian-platforms-odn-cryptocurrency-1020879bd18f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shill to me. Whats the starting MC?

>Lets talk Obsidian
Okay

There's nothing special about it

I literally have no clue what the purpose of it is.

It's so fuckin retarded idea , no normies will ever use this trash

Sigh. Fine. I will spoon-feed you mouth-breathing retards.
> IOC has been working 3 years on a shit-tier messenger that even they are not confident in because they are beta cucks
> ODN fucking released an already working messenger into public testing during their presale because they are Chads
> IOC has a 33 million dollar market cap
> ODN has a hardcap of 5 million that they won't hit

See where I'm going with this?
The second ODN hits exchanges and people actually download and use their messenger, ODN is going exit this fucking galaxy.
Don't be a cuck left behind on this obvious moon-mission.

>people actually download and use their messenger

And why do you think that will happen?

>he thinks normies don't value privacy

Seriously? With all the NSA spying drama going around? This shit is going straight to the moon buddy but you lack the vision to see it.

>>he thinks normies don't value privacy

They don't, otherwise they wouldn't use Facebook

not a bad idea
>people need to actually use this to actually work
It will never go anywhere. As much as we need more secure ways to communicate, this will never be more than a niche app since there are already a lot of "secure" messengers. Also there are other messengers that as soon as they get threatened about people migrating to secure options they will add alledgely secure protocols and keep most normies on their side.
Sorry OP.

This.

Op, are you that retarded?

There has been open source encrypted Signal messenger for quite some time, its free, working real good, has pc and mobile clients, Snowden recommends it. And yet only me and my friend are using it, from the people I know.
Ppl still fall for the retarded telegram that is not open source and they believe its encryption

All shitposting aside, this is a very valid point.

They won't use it forever, and certainly not for sensitive information.

Anyone doing illegal activities will communicate using obsidian. Money laundering, drug dealing, smuggling - anything really. Government can't issue a subpoena to any "company" because is there is no company. It's the blockchain bitch. No one an give you these messages

And it's coming to fucking iPhone/android

>low market cap

> use case

>middle finger to the NSA

Honestly if you aren't sold you don't deserve a lambo

It's not for fucking Facebook chat. It's to talk about shit you don't want governments to see. Are private transactions fucking valuable in Crypto?

>hurrdurr but normies use venmo

Do you see how stupid this argument is

i think enough people are going to use obsidian for it to have a high value.

and it has very good marketing / branding, imo.

that said i only invested a small amount, since i hate ICOs in general. but i think this one will eventually give a good return.

Umm...IOC already has this with DIONS, and I guarantee you it's infinitely more secure than this garbage will ever be. Go ahead and throw your money at it though.

IOC cucks are so triggered by this. That's how you know it's legit

IOC has no mobile app. It's garbage.

damn. I was hyped about this ICO

but when I think about it

99% of people have no problem with the fact that facebook, google, snapchat, etc collects and sells their private information

this app will strongly appeal to a group of people, but that group is very much the minority relative to the population. Not everyone is engaging in illegal activities or trying to say F you to gov

most people don't even know what NSA stands for

99% of people don't care if their transactions aren't private. You think ZCoin and Monero weren't good investments too when they started?

user, user, user! Those are only the negative cases! There are so many more!

Sure, people in the West might not care about their privacy (God help them), but people living in dictatorial regimes who can't communicate safely do! And they tend to *outnumber* Westerners:
>independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-internet-crackdown-virtual-private-networks-vpns-facebook-twitter-youtube-google-whatsapp-a7879641.html
...along other potential users, such as privacy advocates, potential government leakers, whistleblowers, and more!

And Signal is all very good and all (I promise!), but it's still centralized! It relies on servers spread across 10 different countries that could be shut down. With a decentralized system like Obsidian though, there is no server! You could take down 90% of the network and this would still work. I'm kinda waiting for someone to tell Snowden about this and then he'll start shilling it.

Besides, the Messaging app is just that: the first app. We're buying into a platform here people! The devs have already stated there will be more announcements, partnerships, and services by year's end!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong user-san, but isn't IOC's messaging system going be integrated into their wallets? So then it won't have a mobile application?

If so, I can't see how these two are in competition. They're both tailored to separate markets; ordinary consumers on computers for IOC and privacy-conscious individuals for Obsidian. I see no reason why both can't exist at the same time.

Eh, IOC is in a completely different space to be honest. It's main goal isn't to be used solely for private communication, that's just one of its capabilities.

They aren't negative. Bypassing bullshit government laws are a beautiful thing.

I get your point though. People could plot a fucking revolt in North Korea using obsidian and Kim Jung wouldn't be able to intercept any messages

Yay! The anime poster of good fortune has come to visit!

thank you anime poster. your posts are some of the best here on biz. don't stop.

Why does Obsidian need an ico?

Because who doesn't want free money? If you could launch an ICO that garnered you millions of dollars, wouldn't you?

user, always wanted to ask: what anime is that?

The tokens are the transaction cost

>Grandpa, how did you get rich
T-this dude who like cartoons told me to buy stuff and I did

Asterisk War.

Just say that you had an unusual investment advisor, user!

Step 1 transfer eth into ICO
Step 2 ?
How do I receive/store these?

you gotta email them with your transaction ID, how much you sent, etc. instructions are on the website, dude

Read this, everything you need to know about Obsidian.

medium.com/@obsidian_crypto/early-insights-for-investors-in-the-obsidian-platforms-odn-cryptocurrency-1020879bd18f