Aztecboo thread

Because why not.

I like their aesthetics

Dumping some pics

indio de mierda jajajajajajajaja

You must be over 18 to browse this site.

>809x613

when are mexicans going to create an aztec theme park?

their mayan themed vacation resorts are ace

I am working on it. Give me a couple decades and a billion or so. Truly, I have thought how grand it would look like if the buildings remained intact and the Spanish just built around but we all know history does not work like that. Saludos desde México.

Is it bad to masturbate to architecture?

Better than traps so nah you're good.

>Guatemoc and his captains complained to Cortes that many of our men had carried off the daughters and wives of chieftains, and begged him as a favour that they should be sent back. Cortes answered that it would be difficult to take them from their present masters, but they might seek them out and bring them before him, and he would see whether they had become Christians or preferred to go home with their fathers and husbands, in which case he would order them to be given up. So he gave the Mexicans permission to search in all three camps, and issued an order that any soldier who had an Indian woman should surrender her at once if she of her own free will wished to return home. Many chieftains searched from house to house and persevered until they found them. But there were many women who did not wish to go with their fathers or mothers or husbands, but preferred to remain with the soldiers with whom they were living. Some hid themselves, others said they did not wish to return to idolatry, and yet others were already pregnant. So they did not bring back more than three, who by Cortes' express command were handed over to them.

Aztecs eternally cucked

source?

The Conquest of New Spain by Bernal Diaz

Is that the famous Spanish raping that aztecboos keep screeching about?

Tlahuicole alone put down eight of this sissies with his bare hands.

Tlaxcallans > Mexicas any day of the week.

I read that bernal diaz claimed the houses were full of fragrant wood? Did they used nice smelling building materials or what?

Looks Minoan

I wonder where they got all the red paint....

It's about time the haters showed up.

Wut, apart of rape in war, usually they had lots of concubines, why would they rape anyone? having a Mucama, having children with her etc was more cozy and less troublesome, also they tended to watch over they offspring, if they were in a high place usually they would look for minor places to put they "bastard" offspring.

>tfw 1417 A.D
>all those butthurt minorities are blaming us Aztecs for everything wrong in the world
>they are still butthurt about muh ritual sacrifice, despite the fact that it was abolished a long time ago
>tfw pro-sacrificianist.
>tfw I want us to return to our pagan roots.
>fucking degeneratists
>It is probably the Mayans fault. Fucking Mayans. They still bitch about the Mayacaust.
>I wonder if other advanced cultures like ours exist on earth? Nah that's bullshit... we are probably alone. If intelligent life existed on earth they would have visited us already.

>aztecboo
there's gotta be a better term for these....

To think that that was sacrificed for pic related.

Aztecs would be on fucking Alpha Centauri now.

Why didn't they use metal?

Red paint was used to decorate Maya buildings for a long time as well. It wasn't a rare pigment.
At least its fresh and not the gorillian human sacrifices.

They used copper/gold alloys for ornamentation or money. Obsidian was just more conveniant to use and abundant in the Central valley region. Metals were kind of a recent thing in Mesoamerica arriving in c.800 from Central America. It only slowly started to get adopted as a weapon by some in Mesoamerica.

How were the conquistadors not blown away by this shit ?

They were, just read the accounts.

I think they were

Of course they were. They got to experience a bronze age civilization at its peak first hand.

As cool as it would be to hold a town meeting in one of them, I don't think the Spanish would have much use for giant pyramid temples.

Texcocoans

I'll stop here since it's an aztec thread so as not to go off topic.

These images are cool and all but was it really that clean and modern looking? I doubt it. These paintings were no doubt made centuries after the last real Aztec or Mayan had died.

So they made it to Bronze Age tier by the 1400s?That's really impressive considering they were isolated from the rest of the world unlike eurasia and the mideast.

Well considering Aztec obsession with cleanliness (they even had a month long celebration dedicated to sweeping) it probably was. They viewed things like dust, excrement, filth to be excessive/sexual belonging to the realm of tlazolli. Thus it had to be purified and transformed (swept, made into fertilizer i nthe case of excrement) in order to restore balance and order. Aztecs were a bit autistic about order and cleanliness since it was considered dangerous and overtly sexual. Also you are looking mostly at the ceremonial preccincts and palaces which had to be maintained and kept to a high standard all the time due to their importance.

Some Aztec Veeky Forums

Books on subject?

All Mesoamerican brothers are welcome. Please continue.

What are some good books about this?

Bernal Diaz Castillo

They started the civilization race 15000 years after europeans.

That's what is impressive.

Probably. Nearly every Aztec village that welcomed the Spanish literally gave them their women as a gift.

*a few of their women as a gift.

Ayyy just got finished with that book.