Why the hate for Byzantine?

Why the hate for Byzantine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGN3pz0oKuo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque_of_Rome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Cathedral_Mosque
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Byzantium is actually well liked by many on Veeky Forums. The people who hate it are usually only doing so because it is already popular.

People don't accept it for what it was, the legitimate continuation of the Roman Empire.

it was such a shameful continuation tho , the Byzantines were just money grubbing rats

Because Byzantium was a bunch of fucking corrupt, backstabbing Greeks.

>money grubbing rats
>corrupt, backstabbing

So were the Romans of the late Republic and early Empire.

Projection really. HRE Germanics were so perfidious that "Gift" changed meaning into poison in German. Really makes you think.

they didn't pay tribute to barbarians , nor did they bribe them to attack a neighbor

This, it becomes a vassal state of Turk Roaches and pay tribute to them

Are you fucking kidding me this board masturbates to the letters of ERE

Jealousy mostly
While the rest of Europe squalors in medieval shits Byzantine still lives on by Roman standard

youtube.com/watch?v=gGN3pz0oKuo

>this mosque triggered Greek cucks

Must have been something to do with their utter hegemony over affairs. They didn't need to.

this guys is pretty good, I just watched a couple of his videos

I'm amazed how he doesn't read off of anything for his speeches

He's the most autistic of all the patriarchs.

keeping the divide between the Catholicism and orthodoxy is the smartest thing he could have done for his follower base and he backs it up using history

I don't agree with religion in general but I can get what hes doing

Yup, the problem still is patriotic Orthodox idiots starting fights over petty things.

I like the Byzantines but their deus vult fanboys are annoying. Same with Vikings, interesting people but have the worst fans.

Early Byzantine history is really interesting but it was never quite the same after Iconoclasm took its toll.

Their fans are a bit too preachy here. They do nothing but complain about Venetians and appropriating Roman heritage.

We get it, Byzantium was the leftover cum of the Roman Empire and you hate how actual descendants of Augustus mopped you.

Jealousy and butthurt.
P*pist rats tried so hard to destroy the Eastern Orthodox Church (the true church of New Rome), even when the Roman Empire went down in a blaze of glory after 2,000 years of greatness in 1453, the Eastern Orthodox Church still stands proud in Eastern Europe, relatively unchanged and following Gods path, a constant reminder of their failure.
Meanwhile in the West, their own Pope welcomes Muslim invaders into their own countries with open arms, while the Protestant Churches, once so hopeful for restoring pride to the way of Jesus, are now filled with faggots and trannies who aren't even religious.
They're ashamed of how low their cult has gotten and lash out at their religious betters.

Byzantium is pretty popular here, ignore the fifty bait threads and go to an actual Byz thread and you'll see some of the best and most mature discussion on this board.

/thread

Veeky Forums brand contrarianiasm.

It's run by Greeks so it's shit. Like a scenario when US goverments got hijacked by beanners and those scums fucked up everything.

This.

Remind us again of how the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is chosen. Or should we say the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of the Phanar?

The best part is when it finally fall, it didn't even fall to the Latins, it fell to Muslims.

The more correct comparison would be if US governments got hijacked by Brits
Beaners comparison is correct if you applied it to Germanic invasion of Rome

For me its because retarded 15 years olds LARPing (hopefully) as /pol/tards spam crusade memes with abolsutely no understanding of history. Same thing with winged hussars really.

>HURRRRR THEY KILLED MUSLIMS EPIC XDDDdD

Just look at this troll

>crusades
>Byzantines
>le /pol/ boogieman
Are you retarded

He's right, though.
Latins have disgraced their ancestors by rolling over for the Muslims, while the Bzyantines would be proud of Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc for keeping the flame alive.

What are you talking about Muslims are well accepted in those lands.

Crusaderfags are a completely different group to Byzaboos, though. If anything ERE fans should hate the Crusades.
>HURRRRR THEY KILLED MUSLIMS EPIC XDDDdD
Calm down, Ahmed.

>rolling over for muslims
>meanwhile italy remained unscathed and eastern europe was turk'd for centuries

>meanwhile, in Rome
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque_of_Rome

Stop being a xenophobic idiot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Cathedral_Mosque

>xenophobia
>bad
Please leave, reddit.

Still smaller than Rome, and at least all Russian Muslims are native to the region, Tatars and stuff.
100% of Italian Muslims are imports or the children of imports.

>a mosque in my city
>vs
>losing my capital city
yeah i'll take the mosque thanks lmao

Keep moving the goalpost bigot

This

You'll lose it when Muslims decide they want to form their own country, built on the foundation of your naivety.

>fighting to the death in defense of your faith
vs
>rolling over like a servile dog

>some guy's Veeky Forums prophecy
>vs
>a historical reality
again i'll take the prophecy lol

>fighting to the death in defense of your faith
Funny way of spelling
>take all our gold please don't hurt us at least let us keep what little scraps of land we have left!

>bigot
Hi r*ddit.

The Orthodox capital is now Moscow, Catholics did lose their capital to Italians for 50 years.

>material possessions are more important than faith
Why do Catholics hate God?

>they didn't pay tribute to barbarians

Paying "tribute" to barbarians to get them to fuck off was common from the early Empire.

>nor did they bribe them to attack a neighbor

This was 90% of Roman foreign policy and it worked wonders right down from the Republican era.

I believe the average Byzantine town had a primary school equivalent unlike the entirety of western Europe. I could be wrong though.

>Byzantine
Use the proper name, Eastern Roman Empire.

Same reason why Veeky Forums hates Britain, Prussia, German Empire, Protestantism, Capitalism, etc.

They hate anything actually good or righteous.

despotic oriental theocracy pretending to have anything in common with Rome

get fucked

Myth started by the crusaders but whatever.

Crusaders accomplish more in those 200 years than that shitty empire did in 1100 years

You are full of shit. The survival of Roman civilization after the west collapsed is thanks to Byzantium. The Carolingian renaissance is thanks to Byzantium. The Christianization of eastern Europe is tanks to Byzantium. The Italian renaissance was thanks to Byzantium. Even the Islamic golden era was thanks to Byzantium.

>Byzantium didn't survive

>The Orthodox capital is now Moscow
Orthodoxy had no center. It's not like the Roman Catholic Church.

>The Carolingian renaissance is thanks to Byzantium.
The Carolingian Renaissance has little to nothing to do with Byzantium.

>invents the trebuchet
Wew lad
>western barbs
Merely people's perceptions, piss is actually a very good disenfectant and beer is one of the best way to store food

>Tatars and stuff.
Yeah.
Tatars are chill as fuck.
Some caucasians are retarded, though.

Hate is pretty justified
>split from the Catholic Church
>abandon crusaders causing the formation of the stagnant crusader states
>sit there breathing through their mouth whilst the Turks reunify and expand
>autistic seesaw over icons rather than just realise God is glorious and no image is his worthy so it's fine so have icons and statues
>meltdown priceless relics when there's no way they could survive 1453 onwards
>didn't help crusader states go deep or in subsequent crusades
>didn't just make peace with bulgars and others whilst pushing through Anatolia to have fortified positions rather than just hug the coast like the crusader states
>use holy forces secular affairs
>trade with saracens
>not acknowledge Charlemagne as the western emperor or magister milites
>overextension under Justinian and constant Persian wars led to rise of Islam, leading to heretics next door rather than just other monotheists
>doing away with the senate
Can't think of any more points ATM>

Irene wanted to get impregnated by Charlemagne

>Franco-Byzantine Roman Empire

>split from the Catholic Church
wew, lad, stopped reading right here.

both bishops were fucking smug faggots and that shit was political. throwing the blame for the Schism on Constantinople shows your butthurt more than any opinion.

Nice b8 through, made me reply.

the language of administration would be latin
the language of culture would be greek
the language of their bedroom would be frankish grunts

Nahnah
>both bishops
This niqqa
Guess we should just call Saladin king then
Rome had always been higher than the other in the pentarchy
It's not butthurt if it's the truth, even if the donation of Constantine was a falsehood then The patriarch should still have come on bended knee to Rome
Not b8 but sincere points

>By 1180 the Emperor Manuel I died. He had opposed Venice and so favored Genoa and Pisa but after his death his widow Maria of Antioch (a princess from a French family in the Catholic crusader states) ruled as regent for his infant son Alexios II and she had a pro-Italian, pro-Catholic policy. That was not tolerated for long and in April of 1182 she was overthrown by Andronikos I who came to power on a wave of anti-Italian xenophobia.

>Byzantine mobs charged into the Italian concessions and began massacring everyone in sight. The new Emperor did nothing at all to stop them or to restore order and the result was butchery on an unimaginable scale. Some of the Italians, sensing the danger, managed to escape before the attack but the vast majority of the 60,000 were trapped and helpless in the face of the Byzantine rampage. Men, women and children were killed in horrific fashion. Homes were destroyed, Catholic churches desecrated, even charitable houses were looted. Priests were tortured and murdered, women and girls were raped and the papal legate was decapitated and had his head tied to a dog and chased through the streets. Sick and dying people were stabbed to death in their hospital beds. It was savagery on an unbelievable scale. Those who were not killed in the bloodbath were sold into slavery to the Muslim Turks. They may well have envied the dead. The boys might have been forced into any number of forms of servitude, the men as well, perhaps serving as galley slaves, the women and girls had it worst of all, many forced into sexual slavery in the harems of the powerful.

daily reminder that the 4th crusade was justified, greek fucking shits deserved all the things coming fo them

>even if
Jesus christ. Are you some fucking late medieval monk that got sucked by a time vortex to modern times? The donation of Constantine is a proven fabrication, there's no "ifs" about it.
>Rome had always been higher than the other in the pentarchy
nope

fucking hell, byzzieshits are no better than turks

>italian peninsula is a source of like 50 major invasions of the empire
>romans are mad
>italians are surprised by this
Anyone can play this game, mate. The pope you worship so much excommunicated the crusaders and you still defend them?

>romans
You mean the Byzantine Greeks?

>Byzantine–Venetian golden bull of 1082 gives Venice major trade concessions for military aid against Sicily
>Venice never sends any of the aid they promised and allows the Normans to cross into Balkans but reap massive benefits and profits from the treaty
>Italians are surprised when Byzantines dislike them
"fff-f--fuckin byzzshits!11 backstabbing jews!1"