Merching

I made BILLIONS of RSGP by merching in runescape; I'm going to make bitcoin by bitch. See ya at the top boys

Other urls found in this thread:

oldschool.runescape.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hehe... youre out of your league kid. Veeky Forums is packed with the best merchants from every runescape server, and we dont take too kindly to competition

>tfw i almost got a whole skill added to the game but the osrs player base voted it down
Rip

I find it funny how I quit osrs over losing my 300M bank staking and now if I wanted I could go ahead and buy 5B in-game gold without breaking a sweat

Good luck kiddo, you're nothing but food for uppers.
t. Bossnigga from Nexus forums

[/wavy]WTS YELLOW COLORED GLoVes, 2500 GP[wavy]

>swaps colored gloves out for normal 10gp gloves in the trade window and hopes the buyer doesn't notice

>completes sale, runs away and logs out

I got strong hands niqqa

This.

OP I did too. Amazingly, most of the most successful people on this board made a killing trading in Runescape back in the day. I still play osrs but it's kind of amazing. That game taught me so much.

i thought the same too, but the rs economy is much easier to read than this shit.

Not really. Analyse your own opinion and extrapolate to the vast majority of investors and then out-think yourself because they will most likely be thinking like you.

WHY ARE OBSIDIAN CAPES FALLING Veeky Forums?? I INVESTED 2M IN THEM AT 80KEA AND THEY CONTINUE TO DROP. I JUST FOUGHT TOK-ETZ-CHAD AND LOST 400K IN BOLTS, WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME REEEEEEE

(Actual reason I quit rs2 above)

>kiking it up in osrs on one screen while kiking it up with crypto on the other
truly patrician

wtf are you people talking about

No it's not. Shit goes with the news. Like the Gmaul Nerf. Gf gmaul price after that.

Runescape is a game that teaches you to flip crypto

>Runescape
>Everquest EC tunnels then Bazaar
>WoW auction house

Thanks for teaching me to economy vidya!

>tfw multimillionaire on WoW
>poorfag irl
At least I have every TCG mount

>he didn't play the WoW auction house during TBC and WotLK to the point of people buying items and gold from you

I want to go back

Didn't the Grand Exchange kind of kill profitable merching

I wish I hadn't been such a little idiot when I was playing this and realized flipping products for profit was going to make me money faster than spending a lifetime mining/smelting/smithing bullshit

..Pssh.. Nothing Personal. Kid.

Kind of the opposite actually

>Owned dice clan back in the day
>Made over 20b
>People trusted me enough to let me hold their blue partyhats etc.
Feels good man I honestly miss that rush of cleaning people for 1b in an hour. It's the best feel

That was the thing about RS. No matter who you were or how long you had been friends with someone, everyone and I mean EVERYONE was a scammer at heart even if you believe you weren't. Those fat stacks of glimmering gold was too much to ignore and it brought us here.

That's not true though, like I said people let me hold their entire banks and partyhats for the lols and I didn't steal because long-term gains + hosting reputation > short-term gains

This is good advice actually..

This happened to me when I was 12. I was so sad.

Made it easier in some cases.
Maple logs would fluctuate from 35gp to 45gp. I used to buy millions of logs and flip them. Rune bars would fluctuate at a large margin too.

Fuck that is such a good point. I never caught on. I was one of the plebs cutting down Yews and Maples and selling them for whatever the market value was and contributing to the spread.

I have a runescape account that i created back in 2004 and its still active, in that account i have some items like a chicken feet and chick headwear cosmetic or something, is it worth anything?

Lmao this. Also rarer cooked food like lobster and swordfish. I only had to buy and flip after a certain point, fuck grinding pennies

No it's not worth anything unless you hate tradeable rares like crackers, partyhats, santas, halloween masks, easter eggs, pumpkins, disks, or wines

Oh i have one of those pink party hats too that i got back in the day, how much is that worth irl?

Literally thousands. Are you fucking larping? I want it. Badly.

I don't keep up to date but every partyhat is now worth over max cash (2.147b GP) so probably like 4b, note GP is worth $0.25/m so like user said, at least $1,000 but probably more

I should have kept them and not sold back then, it would be worth more now

HAHAHHA whaaat??? Dude wth, are you telling me that little shit is worth thousands of real life dollars?????? holy hell.. ok how do i sell it?

You have to log in, research for a while from multiple sources to get a proper street price, then find a buyer who will pay you the best price. Note it's hard to find buyers now as far as I know so spend a couple days looking for the best price

Then sell it to them, make sure they pay you the right amount because they will have to get around the max cash (2.147b GP) limit using either spirit shards or these weird coin things worth 1m each or something.

Then sell the cash on RWT sites like PlayerAuctions from trusted buyers/sellers or whatever. ONLY use trusted people with tons of sales, and ALWAYS video the entire encounter using a screen recorder like hypercam. They will pay via PayPal I believe.

Good luck user, fuck you if you made me type this out for nothing because you're LARPing

I use to be a multi bi March in rs for years. Been in crypto since early august with 10k start and now sitting on 30.8k atm. Marching is very similar to day Trading

OP here, home from work now. how long does Coinbase or GDAX take to verify my bank account? I haven't received the 2 charges in cents that they want to verify me. its been like a day.

Thanks man, where can i find the prices for other items in my account in dollars? Like for example the chicken suit

>worth more than 2.147b GP
oh fuck.

worthless

Also DO NOT sell anything in the GE whose price is 2.147b GP

You are getting ripped off because it's worth more, you HAVE to trade with players to get around the 2.147b GP limit

Ok, any recomendation into what to invest on the GE? I have 60k coins and just downloaded the runescape companion app and want to play Wall street lol

And so did we. Welcome to the big leagues kiddo.

>60k

God, I miss this game.

Yup lol, from the good old times selling cooked shrimp lol

You can still play it, its still online

It's not the same.

I guess I miss the good times I had on this game more than the game itself.

>tfw high stakes gambling

That is the best feel my fellow user

Btw play 2007scape ironman as a pure ;). It feels the same. I killed chickens last night and enjoyed every feather drop

Nice.

If I played again I'd probably go for a HCIM. Seems the game just keeps getting easier and easier though. I hated that about RS3 considering all the hours I put into it.

At least OSRS still has the good graphics and old combat system.

You mean we can play runescape, online, and with the good old 2000 ui!!?? Tell me how!! Ill suck you dick user lol

60k is like 10 minutes of work. So...you're not going to get very far.

oldschool.runescape.com/

Awww yeaaa baby, im gonna play it all day long tommorow

Is there a biz pking server?

Can i still sell gold for $ in old school runescape

Does anyone else feel like runescape was the start of them being interested in money in general?

I think so definitely. I always saved when I was a kid but RS really made it bigger

I remember first seeing my friend have 100k it was an insane moment like "holy shit rich"

Yes.

Runescape taught me a lot about economics, supply and demand, opportunity costs, and how to bargain.

It also taught me about gambling and expected value. I saw first hand how powerful a statistical edge is over a large sample size. I actually made ~10k USD from that game selling my gambling profits before I quit.

Me too it was insane how many morons believed in tricks like doubling and "waiting for a streak of lows"

osrs player here add my 2 accts
assclowning
vault 7

love crypto and runescape

add me noobs i will gift you

>If I played again I'd probably go for a HCIM. Seems the game just keeps getting easier and easier though. I hated that about RS3 considering all the hours I put into it.
>82667▶
> (You)
>You have to log in, research for a while from multiple sources to get a proper street price, then find a buyer who will pay you the best price. Note it's hard to find buyers now as far as I know so spend a couple days looking for the best price
>Then sell it to them, make sure they pay you the right amount because they will have to get around the max cash (2.147b GP) limit using either spirit shards or these weird coin things worth 1m each or something.
>Then sell the cash on RWT sites like PlayerAuctions from tru
Anons get in "biz" fc

Is fc clan chat? On old school or new? I'd love to play with some bizfags on a private server and have deathmatches in wildy while staking crypto

stake at the duel arena ;)

Ya clan chat. Clan chats are shared between EOC and 07 so it doesn't matter.

"biz" cc ? really i've been in ronald trump for time

Someone needs to make some RS client that can accurately detect duel stakes and wins and shits so that it can execute smart contracts on ETH and you can therefore stake crypto through games kek

I'm sure that would be hackable tho. It could use the staking scoreboard though as an unbiased source holy shit. Someone needs to make that. It would rely on 1 acc tho being logged in so unreliable and not decentralized so no.

Did any of you play on world 98 by chance. I remember my old homeworld with all the friends I made. I'll never experience that feel again.

People would always ask me to "burn" flowers until a streak showed up before betting. I got sick of doing this one day so I told people I'd host bets on *their* plants. I had like 10 people spamming 1000's of flowers in the middle of the GE waiting for "streaks" so they could throw down big bets and then double up.

Good times.

spoiler: it didn't fucking work

Lmfao retards

I'd reverse it on them and purposely plant tons of flowes until I got for instance "8x cold streak" then I'd spam "8x cold streak come break it! Holy shit I want to see you win some money!"

>make jew f2p alt
>pick up some stuff at GE drop party
>sell random junk from ground for a few k each
>make a few hundred k this way
>take this few hundred k and merch, f2p only
>up to like 23m now

>main
>start staking with like 300k
>up to over 1b now from staking
>people always call me rwter because I'm 99cb with pray cape and 1b bank

easy lol

>ywn walk through these gates for the first time ever again

>both accs offline
nigger

Holy shit these feels

>You will never go buy colorful Canifis gloves and boots for the first time again
>You will never go get druid robes for the first time again
>You will never play your first ever game of Castle Wars again
>You will never get your first green money stack again

my dude when vr gaming is actually a thing ill spend every waking moment in runescape vr

>tfw never buying gf again

>tfw "buying gf" at GE
>girl says yes
>tells me to make snapchat
>sends me nudes without me even asking
>have pseudo-relationship for a few months

This is such a comfy thread. I knew I had some kind of common roots with the anons on biz

keep me added i'll be on later :)

>going in lumby swamps with brand new gf and convince them to cyber
those were the days

>99 Prayer, cosmetic moneysink with no real utility past 70
>Ely, in the red for the past 6 months
>SGS, in the red for the past 6 months
>DFS, in the red for the past 6 months

user... I don't think you belong here

>what are augury and rigour
>implying I didn't buy ely after the crash (I paid 323 and I'm not so poor that I care about ~10m loss)
>implying I don't use SGS and DFS in stakes to make more money
>implying my bank isn't 10x your bank

Give me a fucking bond!

Yes.
>start merching in 2007
>turn a few hundred k bank into 3m bank
>was low level (60 something cb maybe)
>walking around in d med/legs, granite body, obby set, glory, d long/scim
>back when everyone wore d skirts cause no one could afford d legs
>people accused me of rwt for wearing 3m of gear
>trade limit comes out
>quit
>trade limit remove
>play again
>make like 70m staking
>quit again cause of more stupid updates
>OSRS comes out
>play OSRS
>make over 1b merching/staking
>decide to start merching irl
>start merching cryptos
So far I've turned ~$300 into ~$5,000, a-am I gonna make it?

I was just joking with you Veeky Forumsizen, also I don't care about bank I guarantee you my bank would be 100x yours if I didn't rwt it away

How much did you rwt? OSRS or RS3? My bank is a bit over 1b right now. I might rwt some if I get to like 10b but idk if that will happen, I hardly play.

20b+ EOC which would now be worth ...something, in 07 idk

I turned 2 dollars into 20 dollars, I'm just waiting get more money to put in.

Nice. Would be about 4b OSRS.

Flip the $20. I turned 300k in RS into a bil, you should be able to turn $20 into a few hundred thousand.

>look at me I'm retarded

>tfw my brothers were all hardcore into runescape and have many party hats, halloween masks, etc
>they're now successful businessmen and engineers and got in on crypto way before I did
>tfw I just spent my time on forums and occasionally watched them play
>I'm a fucking loser
I never would have guessed that their $5/month Runescape membership would provide a more valuable education than my $5000/semester tuition.

Is everyone on this site a goddamn manchild?