Decide to finally get into this crypto thing

> Decide to finally get into this crypto thing

> Deposit BTC to my Bittrex wallet

> Find out bitcoin transactions aren't instant. Can take up to an hour.

This crypto stuff is a meme right? How can these things be used without instant transactions? I mean what the fuck lol?

yeah wtf is up with how slow btc is? how can it even scale up to support the real world economy

Cryptocurrency is a meme but it's /our meme/.

2 lo iq 4 krypto

yea bitcoin is just a big meme you got pranked bro the anonymouse hackers got your shekels now good goy sucker

It's a result of the recent mass usage, and the reason for BTC's scaling plans. We'll get there.

Sell and stay away from crypto

Bitcoin is a meme new friend. It's slow, old and expensive.

Literally half of the shitcoins have better tech.

>go into coffee shop
>wait in line for 4 hours for the 6 people in front of me.
>get to counter, order a .001 btc late
>wait 30 minutes for confirmations
>late was cold

pfff

wait to hear you can only withdraw 0.025BTC off bittrex

once the btc is sent, it's sent

the btc will be delivered to the address you sent it to. there's nothing that would disrupt it from reaching it. the confirmations is when it actually arrives, but the second you press send, you know the btc will be delivered

>transfer fiat to someones bank account
>takes three days if i do it on a friday
fiat is such a meme

"sometimes confirmation may be tens of minutes and sometimes it may take over two hours, but on average it will take about an hour."

How is this going to revolutionize traditional currency?

But you can hand someone 6 physical dollars for your tendies right now.

i could hand someone a paper wallet also
but the ywould have to believe it has btc on it

It's a good thing physical bitcoins exist too thend huh

Use Ethereum for transactions, you noob.

>transfer ETH from exchange to wallet
>goes through instantly, barely any fees
>buy more because this shit is way underpriced for how much more efficient it is compared to clunky bitcoin

How do you verify it isn't a counterfeit?

Wait an hour?

1. Merchants probably could reasonably accept small transactions instantly without confirmation. The likelihood someone is actually going to try to double spend and succeed for something small is rather trivial.

2. Second layer solutions similar to Visa will probably emerge. Visa promises to pay the merchant immediately, taking a small risk the user will have insufficient funds in the next hour. Visa also provides charge back options and charges a small fee for the service.

3. Larger transactions generally don't clear immediately. If you buy something online merchants usually wait at least a few hours before processing and shipping it, usually around a business day. If you buy a house or a car, there's usually several days of waiting on funds to clear. So it's an improvement as is.

I don't see why Eth can't just replace bitcoin

it does everything bitcoin does but not in 50 years txn time, and it does more with smart contracts and other integrations like micosoft azure's coco network.

takes like 20 mins

because eth is programmable, meaning it is way more vulnerable than bitcoin. you don't want your money to have a full programming language built into it.

you are unironically too stupid for crypto.

user, I was just like you. Bought Bitcoin, took three days to reach an exchange. Then I bought more, and lost 89% of my money. The other day I got an email from a hacker group telling me I was a sucker and that they had all my money.