How accurate are those videos about bronze age collapse?

How accurate are those videos about bronze age collapse?

youtube.com/watch?v=KkMP328eU5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=QMBM1qazAXE
youtube.com/watch?v=y-8uv4D7cOE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyry8mgXiTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I literally trashed the video after 15 seconds,

it showedc classical greek temples which date back only to the 6th century bc onward while talking about the 13th century bc, same with the Greek fucking statues

Yes, I am fucking mad.

In Our Time has a good podcast episode on this.

How can you even handle his voice?

>sea people depicted wielding kopesh while they only used triangular swords and javelins

>Classical Greek temples and statues in the d Bronze age

>all destroyed cities were abandoned forever

It's clear that this retard speed red wikipedia without bothering to do any deep research, he's Jhon Green tier, I'd like to see some more detailed videos about that period, maybe I'll make them myself when I have the time

You forgot
>The Le-Vand

Not defending EC's tripe (whether gaming or history) but the animator is literally just given the script and told to animate something fitting. Their Hagia Sophia had minarets, and so on. It isn't meant to be accurate.

look at this tard

Butthurt OP, sorry that your video is garbage with shitty drawings ripped off from spirit science, which at least is entertaining

What the fuck is this bce bullshit?

What's wrong with BCE?

isnt BC the same thing?
whats the fucking point putting that E in?
Did Before Christ offended way too many blue haired ugly fat whores?

Before Christian Era is longer than Before Christ

BCE means Before Common Era.

But Christ was born at around 27 years old according to BC, which I guess makes Mary's veneration quite understandable

>removing Christ
God you Jews are everywhere

>Born 4-6 years before his supposed year of birth in BC according to Biblical scholars

This is not where i've pictured the Assyrians.

Well according to this map the Tigris and Euphrates don't exist either

They called themselves out on that, in part 3, i think.
Or they will in Lies.

youtube.com/watch?v=hyry8mgXiTk

Youtube has lectures based on academic research, which is the second best thing after actual books. If you're really interested in the subject watching meme youtuber "historians" is not a good idea. If you're watching just for entertainment then its fine.

Christ is jewish though?

The Satanic death cult known as "Judaism" did not exist during the time of Christ. He followed the religion of Moses, Isaac, and Abraham.

Not him but please stop pretending this is the issue you have. You dislike the word "christ". BC being inaccurate is completely irrelevant there are other similar words you probably have no problem with. It's just a helpful convention.

I'm Catholic, I just think the BC dating is shit and inaccurate and a before common era dating makes more sense in the matter of historicity. I bet you get really fucking upset when a coon plays a white man or some other gay shit in historical dramas so what's the difference?

It's the same fucking system, the label is Just change not to "oppress marginalized groups". Lindycuck brought up a great point, you could just think of BC as "backwards counting " and AD as "ascending dates" if you're so GODDAMN offended, but that isn't good enough. You need to make sure everyone is using RIGHTTHINK.

this

>I just think the BC dating is shit and inaccurate and a before common era dating makes more sense in the matter of historicity
It is completely irrelevant which one you use. The term itself is completely insignificant, it's just there to mark historical dates sensibly within our current dating system. Especially when it isn't at all an unique case, there are plenty of other words that have an "a
historical origin". I accuse you of only having a problem with the word Christ because you probably don't care about those other words.

I won't address whatever the last half of your post was since it's just some lazy attempt at character assassination

I typed ahistorical btw, not a historical. Dunno why the spacing got fucked up.

>Muh innacurate dates matter because God was involved
Do you have any fucking idea how many dating forms contradicted BC/AD before BCE/CE was even a meme? The fucking Portugese had their own calendar, no one moaned and bitched about them being heathen cucks then and nor should they now
The dates don't match up, the question is which do you care more about; Jesus having a date or a sensible period to base historical development of society on? Personally I think CE should start at the Iron Age

>using a Christian-based calender
>removing any mention of christianity
What the fuck is a common era?

Where's the thog edit of this?

It's an era that is common.

This
>change the name so as not to offend non-Christians
>still admit Jesus is the most important person in history since you differentiate history before and after he was born

But it doesn't? Fuck not even BC does that by placing his birth AFTER BC

When it was formulated the calendar makers believed His birth to have been at 0 AD, so yes, it still does revolve around Jesus

>When it was formulated
And that might have mattered then, this is now, you're literally a revisionist for sticking to outdated historical records even biblical scholars reject as accurate, and Anno Domini was never even a universal system until the 1700s

>Personally I think CE should start at the Iron Age.
It should start at the founding of Rome.

Which "founding" of Rome? After the Roman-Etruscan wars? The end of the Phyrric wars? Augustus' "constitutional reforms"?

It already exists... Ab urbe condita

The founding of the city. Which iirc is 753 BC

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But didn't it start getting out of sync with time, or was that a fault of the Roman calendar?

Historians have shown settlement in the area of Rome that goes back further than that
The birth of Jesus is the most important event in human history and that's when the "common era" should start"

I have honestly never seen anyone but athiests use BCE/CE. It's nice to know they haven't fucked with the dates but i'd like to to keep at BC/AD please.

Dates ain't free. The path of history has gotta be littered with the blood of incorrect academics. Atheists aka failed historians are not my equals. They are faggots and probably cucks :DDD AD/BC not CE/BCE. Long live true facts and sources!