Ainu people

Teach me more of the Ainu people, Veeky Forums
What weapons did they use for war, in particular Shakushains rebellion?
What was the extent of cruelty enacted on them by what are now the modern Japanese people?
What were there initial interactions with foreigners like?
Post images of their bows, their people, their clothing and other cultural elements.
Discuss the theory that they could have been an offshoot of Australian Aboriginal that I heard on here before.

Other urls found in this thread:

emishi-ezo.net/emishi_anthro.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even now ainu in Japan pretend to be japanese to avoid ostracism

They are Japanese ethnically.

Japanese = Yamato
Yamato = Yoyoi + Jomon people

Why do some of them look Caucasoid anyway?

Their dames are schifuzzas.

They don't

>They don't

Where do you guys find stuff like this?
Ainu have more Jomon in them(though not as much as Emishi)and they also have some Eurasian(from small Siberian tribe) admixture.

The emishi(ainus which lived in mainland Honshu) used horse archers in times of war against the Yamato japs and were initially successful in defeating them. They were a tribal Iron Age people which practiced some farming(of barley) and hunting and gathering which made them less populous than the rice eaters(japs). They also had sick beards and hair which gave them aesthetic looks. When the Yamato began conquering jomon lands in both Kyushu and Honshu they typically resisted for a while but were eventually defeated.

Emishi=/= Ainu necessarily.
emishi-ezo.net/emishi_anthro.html
They are more Jomon than the Ainu for starters, the latter which also have some Eurasian in them.
They're culture was pretty similar though apparently. Their culture was a proto Ainu if that is what you meant.
I heard some Emishi actually joined the Yamato at the end of the conflict. Hence, Japs that live in northern Honshu have some Emishi ancestry like his guy.

>tfw no ainu gf

It's ok, user.
Btw, anyone know anything about the language Ainu or the Emishi spoke?

any jomon or related women would nice honestly
also jomon vs yayoi differences aside, after the 70s/80s there hasn't been a number of real noticeable people with those kind differences (in the "mainstream" at least)

You mean with the racial differences or cultural? Yeah I'm aware in terms of cultural.
This page on wiki however, lists regional languages of Japan and one of them is an Ainu dialect.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan
Here have another picture of Ainu girls compared to other Japs, I'm feeling generous.

No seriously sauce on this guy? You sure he is Ainu?

Can somebody tell me if the boy from Princess Mononoke is supposed to be Ainu?

Yeah, he and his tribe are.

What's the code, I need this.

Specifically he's Emishi

No they are Emishi.
They are more Jomon and lived on northern part of Honshu(main land Japan) but their culture was very similar to Ainu(who also lives on Hokkaido). It was termed a protoainu culture actually.

His name is Ashitaka and he's based enough that you should remember that if nothing else.