Why is he not more popular?

Even though he has a couple of movies and shows (which suck) he isnt that really that big of a historical figure.

>he isnt that really that big of a historical figure.

Answered your own question

He may not have had a huge influence, but it is a good story

I liked the Spartacus show, was the best thing I've seen in a while.

>it is a good story
>roman deserter becomes famous gladiator, leads slave uprising into heinous acts in his homeland till he gets rekt and his army crucified
I mean, I'm not liking it, but taste is not up to discussion I guess.

>roman deserter
If im not mistaken its unsure if he was every in the roman army

Ain't he a commie symbol world wide?

really? never heard that before

Everything about him is unsure tbf, but most historians are for either the thracian auxiliary or the campanian legionary hypotesis. In the end it's about whether you believe Plutarch and the apparent familiarity Spartacus had with roman military doctrine, or Appian (who said Spartacus was a thracian from a tribe allied with Mithridates).

Isn't spartacus a thracian name? Or is that a possibility precisely because of THAT Spartacus?

Idk about communist, but he inspired the Bohemian guy that created the Illuminati.

>Isn't spartacus a thracian name?
It doesn't really matter since it was his stage name, his 'class' was thraex, and gladiators were very often named after historical figures related to their 'class'. Chances of it being his actual name are pretty much nil.

Kubrick film was based on a novel by Howard Fast, a commie. The story has several communist allegories.

Oh shit, didn't thought about that despite being so fucking obvious.

I'm not big on german history or language, but I know a couple of things about modern history and I doubt the spartacist league called itself that after the 300.

Isnt a big debate is whether he was that type of gladiator or was from an actual thracian tribe as most sources say

Because the slave army left no accounts of itself, its motivations or its organization. Hell we don't even know if freeing slaves was their MO, a byproduct of wrecking everyones shit or if they themselves took Romans as slaves.

It's been speculated that the Spartacus army consisted of disgruntled Roman soldiers as well as slaves. It's hard to imagine how a group of slave rebels could fight off Roman legions for so long unless they were getting reinforcements from somewhere.

They were definitely getting reinforcements from slaves they freed and the like the question is did they free the slaves out of principle or because they were in a town they raided and had dubious loyalty to the Roman legions and romans in general and thus could be trusted.

they purposely gave him a tiny dick didnt they?

Screenplay was also written by the communist Dalton Trumbo

He was based as fuck, also writing Roman Holiday and Johnny Got His Gun