Is it me or are the Chinese more depicted with spears rather than swords?

Is it me or are the Chinese more depicted with spears rather than swords?

Looks like chinks know what the superior weapon is.

funny,they didn't seem to improve their guns much.

>Chinese heroes are primarily mounted individuals.
>Wonder why they use spears.

Muskets takes time to reload, would be overrun by pikemen/heavy cavalry.

They went from power to grenades to handheld to rocket artillery before the Europeans knew it existed. And all within 2-3 centuries.

Cannons too

I saw this posted on /int/

Yeah and then Europeans tweeked them just a bit and conquered the world.

Maybe /int/ gave OP nothing but retardation. Anons are always coming over here saying "I was going to post this on /pol/ but I thought I wouldn't get any serious answers..."

Zhao Yun

imagine if they tried conquering the world

*pokemon. Leave, /v/.

So what was preventing China from conquering the world like Europe did?

Got Mongol'd hard.

Mongols and emperors kept changing there mind aboutvwhatvto do with their fuck huge fleet

It didn't help that those huge fleets cost a ton. Imaging funding an expedition of ships consiting of more than 300 ships that include 60 or so megaships that dwarf anything Europeans had by a large factor at the time and ~200 others support ships that included ~28K naval troops, warships, patrol ships, troop ships, waterships (for fresh water), and so on.

The expedition lasted roughly 30 years. The next emperor decided it was too expensive to maintain the expedition. It was also going through a period of internal strife.

No incentive, China was one of the economic juggernauts of the world for most of its history.

Europe was a poor fuck backwater crawling with many polities. The Europeans had every incentive to colonize where ever they could go.

OP was a retard for using /int/ in the first place.

Spears are cheaper to make than swords, and at different times China was poorer than Europe, so it's possible that at different times China was more spear-dependent than Europe.

Liu Bei dualwields swords.