Watch Game of Thrones

>Watch Game of Thrones
>Look up Wikipedia
>It actually happened

The irl version is much more interesting.

>Rome was cancelled for this bullshit

What actually happened?

Rome is one of my favorite series but it had run its course. The main character was dead, the other main character was a dad, and Octavian had seized total power and his 40 year reign of peace and prosperity was about to begin

Sure, they could have jumped to a different point in Roman history, made a whole new series with whole new characters focusing on a slightly different aspect of Roman history, but was the show really popular enough to warrant a spin-off? Probably not, and as much as I would love to see a show about Sejanus or Caligula, in terms of depth of writing and production values there is no comparison about which is the superior show.

It's more or less an abstracted retelling of the War of the Roses, with Stuarts/Lancasters comparing to the Starks/Lannisters

>but it had run its course
They'd planned for 5 seasons, they had to squeeze all of that into the second half of season 2, which is why there are so many unexplained timeskips.

The War of the Roses was not very similar to GoT.

abstracted retellings are very rarely similar to the historical events they are describing because real life is boring; it's old people going to meetings and young people doing rote tasks over and over again, except for the brief moments in their life which were punctuated by sheer terror, and then they go right back to what they were doing before. James Joyce pushed narrative realism to its logical conclusion: beyond a certain point "realism" becomes opaque and incomprehensible because we're so used to narratives which sacrifice realism for the sake of plotting and character dynamics

>no spin off of Valeria which is basically Rome but with dragons

A lot of horseshit being talked in this thread. Rome had been cancelled months before HBO even considered making Game of Thrones and purchased the book rights.

I fucking loved Rome but the ratings were sliding among the normies and the BBC couldn't afford to pay their share of the production costs.

>300 actually happened and Sparta was real

what the FUCK

bullshit

if Sparta was real then where is it now?

Really rube the goldberg machine

At least they concluded the series. I'd have loved 3 more seasons as much as the next patrician noble, but I'm grateful we got to see the conclusion of that historical arc.
However, the best part of that conclusion was left out - when Anthony stabs himself and Cleopatra hears about it and goes "oh shit nigga what did you do?"
Its darkly humorous and they just didn't do it, can't imagine why.

>implying Rome didn't get better treatment

>Wars of the Roses
>Stuarts/Lancasters
>Stuarts

So if the first men were Celt does that mean the Starks were lowland Scots and the Wildlings are highlanders?

First men were Celts, Andals were Germanic tribes, Rhoynar were a conflation of Aeneid Trojans, Sea Peoples, Egyptians, Hebrews, and other wandering brown people, while Valyrians are basically elves except he wrote them as human and their empire in Westeros is more Roman inspired; the Free Cities are obvious Greco-Persian-Roman imitations.
Wildings are more like Celtic peoples north of Hadrian's Wall.
The dothraki are painfully obvious steppe peoples, from the Huns to the Mongols and everything in between.

>watching Game of Plebs
>girlfriend goes "it's crazy to think all this actually happened"
>MFW

>Instead of a modern Accursed Kings series the only "court drama" TV show is this shit

Kill me now

>with Stuarts/Lancasters comparing to the Starks/Lannisters
But in GoT, the Starks don't really claim the iron throne via lineage. Actually, most Starks don't even care for the iron throne unlike the Stuars/Lancasters who both wanted to be the ruling house of England

>Probably not, and as much as I would love to see a show about Sejanus or Caligula, in terms of depth of writing and production values

It's hard to take you seriously when you consistently keep getting the name of the one faction to actually use a rose, wrong.