Realistically, what would've happened if the Axis powers actually won World War 2?

Realistically, what would've happened if the Axis powers actually won World War 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskommissariat_Niederlande#Annexation_plans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_State_of_Burgundy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>germany takes back previously german land, annexes half of poland
>slovenia annexed by germany
>west balkans and greece by italy
>japan will be the superpower of asia and influence all countries there
and no, germany would not have taken over the entire world or even all of europe.

Germany would have an economic crash due to a lack of expansionism funding the ridiculous military expenditure. Constant guerilla warfare with Poles and Russians as well as communist partisans. Would eventually crumble.

Japan literally could never beat China. It's unwinnable.

Italian Fascist government collapses as Mussolini led them into a war disastrous on the military and home population. Probably a civil war.
Britain makes very slow recovery (I'm assuming they've made peace with Germany because Sealion never would have happened) and funds French Resistance. Petain eventually gets ousted, and the country would either then get invaded by Germany again or become a democracy.

British Empire crumbles extra fast. USA never gets economic boom.

TL;DR Nobody wins.

>Hitler dies
>Everything collapses
The Heer and SS would have a good old fashioned civil war over succession and partisans would have a field day

France would have settled for giving up Alsace-Lorraine or something. Vichy France did not technically lose to Germany. There was an armistice with settlements to be negotiated later. I'm assuming these settlements would happen when and if Britain capitulates, and realistically would not have been worse than France losing A-L and maybe agreeing to some military limitations.

What does "winning" WW2 mean?
Winning could mean anything from completely taking over the world without a single casualty to "WW1" kind of won where you end up as crippled as the country that lost or even worse.

You're also forgetting the very large likelihood of nuclear weapons being dropped on Germany and German possessions before the dust clears.

>The Heer and SS would have a good old fashioned civil war
More like "the SS would be massacred"
(if they ever fought)

Another "what if" wwii thread?

Vichy france would give up Alsace Lorraine and Calais to a german satellite belgium.

Britain would never capitulate, only negotiated peace.

Hitler had a long term plan to colonize france.

Here's some stuff on the Western Lebensraum plans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskommissariat_Niederlande#Annexation_plans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_State_of_Burgundy

"In the aftermath of the Munich Agreement, Hitler and French Prime Minister Édouard Daladier in December 1938 made an agreement that officially declared that Germany was relinquishing its previous territorial claims on Alsace-Lorraine in the interest of maintaining peaceful relations between France and Germany and both pledged to be involved in mutual consultation on matters involving the interests of both countries.[88] However at the same time Hitler in private advised the High Command of the Wehrmacht to prepare operational plans for a joint German–Italian war against France.[88]

"Hitler claimed French territory even beyond the historical border of the Holy Roman Empire. He stated that in order to ensure German hegemony on the continent, Germany must "also retain military strong points on what was formerly the French Atlantic coast" and emphasized that "nothing on earth would persuade us to abandon such safe positions as those on the Channel coast, captured during the campaign in France and consolidated by the Organisation Todt."[92] Several major French cities along the coast were given the designation Festung ("fortress"; "stronghold") by Hitler, such as Le Havre, Brest and St. Nazaire,[93] suggesting that they were to remain under permanent post-war German administration."

It was doomed from the start, the axis couldn't win. Italy wasn't ready for war for a couple more years but Germany couldn't wait because it's economy would collapse and the soviets would be too strong by then.

Japan probably could probably get it's greater east asia co-prosperity sphere going if it ignored the axis and didn't declare war on America, at least until it finished things with china. Of course I don't know that much about the pacific front, so that could be bullshit.

Germany with an economic crash after seizing Russian resources and having all of Europe in its possesion? Yeah right dude.

Economics are more complex than that. Resources and territory alone won't allow you to simply pay off the huge expenditures on military. Read 'Wages of Destruction', it changes your whole perception of German war effort, and explains why they were doomed to be fucked.

>Japan probably could probably get it's greater east asia co-prosperity sphere going if it ignored the axis and didn't declare war on America, at least until it finished things with china. Of course I don't know that much about the pacific front, so that could be bullshit.

It kind of is. Tensions had been ratcheting up between Japan and the U.S. for a long while; most immediately, the Japanese seizure of the French Indo-Chinese territory (Modern day Vietnam), prompted an oil embargo. The only plausible alternate source of oil were the Dutch colonies in what's now Indonesia, but the Americans were very, very upset at the thought of further Japanese expansion, especially into European colonies. Japan doesn't have the domestic capacity to keep up with oil needs, and they do kind of need things like the fleet and the air force.

Not declaring war on America very likely leads to America declaring war on Japan sometime in 1942, or just leaving their entire fleet to rust away for lack of fuel.

>You will never live in Italian Dalmatia
Why live?

Cold war between Germany and Japan.

Germany is run by retards. So it is a constant cycle of purge, stagnate, rebuild.

Japan gets bogged down by constant insurgency in China.

the USA is the leader of the free world.

Yes economics are complex, which is why simply saying they were doomed is stupid. Whatever you think the problem might have been, it could have been solved when you own a continent and put smart people in government.

This

He's got a point though, read the Wages of Destruction and you'll be left realizing you can't really think of way Germany could've avoided an economic collapse

Ignoring the massively delusional Russian shit, why is Sweden in this? And what the fuck is happening in Northern Italy?

Incorporating all the "Germans" into the Reich

Then why isn't Tyrol in it?

It is

Could Japan have starting extracting oil from Chinese regions under it's occupation or it's offshore fields?

Then what the fuck is this state between Germany and Italy in the original image? What the hell is going on with it? Is it just Padonia meming?

I think that the Po river, user

Hungary rises again apparently.

Realistically, they would come out of the war with some kind of peace agreement and limited gains if they somehow ended the war early on. It definitely had to happen before their war with the Soviets.

Anime would be real by now.

Yeah if they had access to tech from 50 years later. But then at that point might as well just conquer the world or something.

well, considering there was no power left in case of a win, apart from a now resourceful japan

they could make their wildest dreams true, anyone not fitting their made up ideas who is what mensch move to east, jews and unwanteds killed

its hard to say, there would be alot more suffering for anyone who isnt germanic

20-30 years of internal unrest then collapse.

On the contrary: a victory of Ultranationalist Japan means conservative mores wouldve triumphed, leading to Anime not existing at all.

FTFY

>being this autistic

For Japan
>Japan annexs Indochina, Dutch East Indies, Malaya and parts of China
>China is turned into a puppet state because it would be to hard to hold
>British Raj also Japanese puppet state under the Azzad Hind who also cooperate with Germany
>Burma and Phillipines possibly annexed or become puppets
>Seperate peace with commonwealth nations and Europe which surrenders to them and are left alone

For Italy
>North Africa taken
>East Africa taken
>Savoy and Corsica annexed into Italy and maybe Malta also
>Greece is annexed or becomes client state and same could be said for Yugoslavia
>Turkey becomes client state
>Spain and Portugal possibly influenced by Italy and also Bulgaria as Mussolini desired

For Germany
>Takes parts of Eastern Europe for its living space plot
>France is fully handed over to the Vichy French government
>Benelux possibly annexed
>Parts of Russia that are not taken are client states that provide labour and resources
>Scandinavia taken
>Britain client state

And I think America would largely sign peace and be left

These are the most simple ideas I could think of

>nazis

>smart people in government

>getting your op image from /r/vexoooligy

The upper Nazi leadership was pretty much all aspies.

There would be life size nudes of a more muscular Hitler with his penis sticking out!

I can just about imagine!!!

(you)

Aspie or not, Speer at least knew what he was doing.

Actually, no, they just wouldn't exist! I might have actually been born with blue eyes and a dick of which to be proud.

I mean, sure there's Testosterone, but it can never make my clit longer and fatter than my thumb!

The Nazis would have found a cure for homosexuality and transgenderism by now, unlike silly, religious, "hate the sin, love the sinner," Holiday-Christian Americans.

realistically, what would happen if we stopped having essentially the same two alt-history ww2 threads every day?

We would still have threads about Hitler's dick.

>Germany would have an economic crash due to a lack of expansionism funding the ridiculous military expenditure.
The Nazi war economy was established under the promise of Lebensraum. Once it's achieved, they would just slowly decline under autarky, not crashing. Although Tooze's analysis is spot on, I didn't really buy his economic crash hypothesis at all (if he even made that at all in the first place, I forgot).

Don't know about that considering that in the final years of the war in 1945 they released a propaganda film that is regarded as the first full-length featured Japanese anime film called "Momotaro's Divine sea Warriors." I don't think the regime would ban anime but it would be used for propaganda purposes for sure. Sort of like in North Korea.

>Axis
>Ever winning WWII
jej