China has the most interesting and rich history in the world

China has the most interesting and rich history in the world.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i can't

china never really interested me. the kind of history I like is when societies interact with each other and china seems to have stuck to itself for the most part. and when they are involved in foreign stuff its typically with neighbors.

china is an endless chain of falling apart and coming back together and not much else

>Le_isolated_East_Asia_meme.jpg
China was the only E. Asian country that interacted with most of the world on a wider capacity m8.

Greece is more interesting, Egypt is more interesting, Iran is more interesting, Italy is more interesting

Agreed.

Is there an English language set of volumes where I could read it and come to understand Chinese history? Something like the Cambridge Medieval History but for China.

China was never really isolated by itself. From the Western world maybe, due to the distance involved. But they interacted with most of Asian. Not to mention the constant (semi)warfare on it's northern frontier with steppe nomads.

At least China still exists. Bye, Rome.

>not putting them in chronological order
>including natural disasters

>implying its got anything on the rich tapestry of Cornish history

>muh 5000 years chinese history

Until they got Hongwu'd.

>Qing'd
ftfy.

The Ming court was crawling with Jesuits and other foreigners.

That's just part of their Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors culture myth. It's like how the Japanese claim to their Emperor is the descendant of a sun goddess.

You have the bulden of ploof

>Xia unifies China
>collapse
>Shang unifies China
>collapse
>Zhou unifies China, iron arrives
>collapse
>Confucius and great philosophers make great strides in philosophy and the beginnings of scientific thought before their Greek peers
>Qin unifies China, burns 99% of their work
>collapse
>Han unifies China, paper and compass invented
>collapse, millions die
>Jin unifies China
>collapse
>Sui unifies China and creates a bureaucracy
>collapse
>Tang unifies China, woodblock printing invented
>collapse
>Song unifies China, gunpowder invented
>collapse
>Mongols "unify" China, millions die
>collapse
>Ming unifies China
>collapse, millions die
>Qing unifies China
>collapse, millions die
>Qing restores order
>collapse
>Japs invade, millions die
>Commies unify China, millions die

Rome lives on in European culture. The biggest part of Chinese culture that lives on after their cultural revolution is their snake oil "medicine" and eating dogs.

That's subjective and therefore a matter of opinion

This

Chinese culture is very much alive. Their food is very popular, Chinese is still the most used language in the world (although limited to Asia) and basically all of east Asian culture was influenced in some way or the other by Chinese culture.

Well china breaks easily.

hence why it's interesting

Chinese people are intelligent according to I.Q tests, but they seem not being capable of having a stable and innovative society. Is it autism ?

>Rome lives on in European culture.
kek

It's called rote learning.

>falling for le i.q. meme

Why are people so surprised that China has a ton of wars, dynasty changes and natural disasters when that's the norm everywhere.

They're probably just surprised by the ridiculous death tolls. It is pretty insane.

>Innovative
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

Stop treating intelligence like it's purely genetic. There are a lot of environmental factors. China does well in tests but Hong Kong does even better and has the highest I.Q. in the world.

Cantonese are the master race.

Taiping Rebellion possibly killed more people than WWII lmao

>220AD
>40,000,000 dead

>775AD
>36,000,000 dead

>1810
>45,000,000 dead

>1850
>100,000,000 dead

Did China have billion people in it before there was billion people on the fucking planet or something?
What is spawning them?

>"""European culture"""
end this fucking meme already

no

You can divide most of those numbers by 2 to 5

They've had a huge population since ancient times.

>What is spawning them?
Rice.

This 2bh

>The world under heaven, after a long period of division, tends to unite; after a long period of union, tends to divide. This has been so since antiquity.

>someone in China sneezed
>millions of Chinese die

pftt they don't even have a total war game

China's history, folks. *clears throat

Greedy ruler, scheming eunuchs, 99% populace starving, overtaxed peasants. Peasants revolt. Peasants BTFO. Rinse and repeat 1000 times till 20th century.

>chinese language
>most used
That's if you count various languages as dialects of one language

Chinese """culture"""

End this meme

you forgot gunpowder and the mongols

Mongols didn't even last all that long compared to we wuz Qingz.

>99% populace starving
That only happened after 1949. The endless amount of famines in Chinese history before Communist rule, never affected the whole or large majority of the population (of subject directly under the contemporary dynasty).

most of China's history is exactly the same from 1 AD to the Qing Dynasty. The only thing that changed was who was in charge.

Ming dynasty traded heavily with the West and others, got Christian missionaries to help them build better cannons and shit. It was the Qing that fucked it all up.

Was just about to post this
>The world under heaven, after a long period of division, tends to unite; after a long period of union, tends to divide. This has been so since antiquity. When the rule of the Zhou Dynasty weakened, seven contending kingdoms sprang up, warring one with another until the kingdom of Qin prevailed and possessed the empire. But when Qin's destiny had been fulfilled, arose two opposing kingdoms, Chu and Han, to fight for the mastery. And Han was the victor.
The rise of the fortunes of Han began when Liu Bang the Supreme Ancestor slew a white serpent to raise the banners of uprising, which only ended when the whole empire belonged to Han (BC 202). This magnificent heritage was handed down in successive Han emperors for two hundred years, till the rebellion of Wang Mang caused a disruption. But soon Liu Xiu the Latter Han Founder restored the empire, and Han emperors continued their rule for another two hundred years till the days of Emperor Xian, which were doomed to see the beginning of the empire's division into three parts, known to history as The Three Kingdoms.

>sinoboos actually fucking believe this

That doesn't make any sense.
It is the nature of everything to change, it is the same for any form of human society.
In fact, I would argue that cultural upheaval is in fact a necessary mechanism within human culture, it's simply natural selection within the collective hivemind of human society.
Certainly, the collapse of the Han, in terms of necessity, was no different than the collapse of Rome.
Both empires had virtually collapsed to infighting, administrative and martial incompetence, the very attributes a state needs to survive.
I would say, the reason at least the name of "China" still lives on is because the Chinese built a system, Mandate of Heaven (天命) that although was intended to legitimize rule by pretty much stating that there could only be one ruler of China, had the side effect of ensuring that whoever came to be the sole monarch of the realm had ensured his place through merit (I.E, winning the massive dogpile that defined most Chinese civil wars ensuring martial competence, winning the support of the peasantry ensuring stability, etc) and ousting the older, incompetent dynasty which is why you see even peasants like Liu Bang establishing hegemony over China. The real game is the ensured continuation of "China", not the dynasties that ruled over it but the name itself, in effect the Mandate of Heaven was likely the greatest tool ever invented to ensure cultural and state survival (You can see a successor in the One China policy, I believe).
Whereas, in the West, cultural survival was somewhat less secularized, the legacy and survival of a state was primarily assured through the hegemony it could establish within it's lifespan, and even then there was a much greater imperative to found something new than to fall back on what were seen as antiquated imperatives.
Although many cultural aspects of Rome survive, the name itself does not, these aspects were ensured their position not through any mandate, but through hegemony (Unlike China).

It actually pretty much is a meme until the CCP instituted mandarin as the standard language

eh yes, it's the Cambridge History of China in a bunch of volumes.

Pshhht

Only interesting period to me is the Taiping Rebellion

do people not realize most of these are probably just utter exaggerations?

Keep in mind that most of these deaths were not directly caused by battles, they were mostly caused by famine, disease etc that came with war.
China has always had a ridiculous population, the overwhelming majority (at least until recent history) was made up of peasantry who lived basically hand to mouth, these deaths aren't that preposterous when you factor that in.

The Roman empire existed.

>Modern invention section
>Electronic Cigarette

LMAOing real hard at the chink who made that page. At least 90% of the inventions are completely irrelevant, uncertain to be invented by them first, or not inventions at all. "Merit system" isn't a fucking invention for example. A true ant race

>WE WUZ QINGZ

always it's about muhh manchuz. I'm getting sick and tired desu

t. Chinese-Korean mongrel, which basically who the Qingz were

Chinese history when summed up like this reminds me of the alien society in The Mote in God's Eye, to the point that I wonder if cliff notes China was the jumping off point for the book. For people who haven't read enough Larry Niven, it's basically about aliens trapped in a dynastic cycle that every time ends with mass starvation and murder and how their society attempts to deal with first contact. Spoilers: it collapses completely.

>intended to legitimize rule by pretty much stating that there could only be one ruler of China, had the side effect of ensuring that whoever came to be the sole monarch of the realm had ensured his place through merit (I.E, winning the massive dogpile that defined most Chinese civil wars ensuring martial competence, winning the support of the peasantry ensuring stability, etc)
How does that differ from the Roman idea of imperium, where if you are the stronkest general around you declare yourself Augustus and nobody can stop you?

Roman Imperium is something every Emperor had to prove.

Mandate extends to a dynasty. So even if you were a shit emperor, but you had a capable minister, your Mandate is safe.

The 1850 one is the very very upper limits of estimated dead and includes silly things like potential unborn children and people who probably just moved away or something. The most accepted actual death toll for the Taiping Rebellion is anywhere between 20,000,000-30,000,000

Yes because China is a variety of different cultures just like Europe.

Non-ironically they're the protagonists of history.

ZHONGGUO will rise again

Roman history was both shorter as well as richer.

>existed
The key word.

Are you implying the Chinese empire exists still?

Fucking this. I blame this on lazy game designers though. How the fuck does Japan get one based off the warring states period but not China?

Isn't this girl Japanese?

Kek, like you forgot how Buddhism connect the whole Asia like Christianity does

Someone forgot East Asia is two times bigger than Europe :^) and Europe never united once

>i don't know shit, so everything is the same
nice

Are you implying it doesn't?