How retarded would it be to buy bitcoin now?

If you plan on hodling for 5 years it won't be retarded at all

Pretty retarded, it's all bots trading at these levels at the moment anyways.

it's still going to increase in value so not too retarded, you are retarded for waiting this long though

Not retarded at all

Not too retarded considering critical mass will effectively exponentially increase the value of bitcoin through the roof.

The ones calling Bitcoin internet monopoly money now are the exact ones I'll be selling to at $25,000 a pop. If you think Bitcoin is a fad then you clearly haven't done your research.

I did and I'm not worried even a little bit
I also bought it at 2200
And 3000
Now at 4000

Each time I was told this was stupid
Yet each of those buys are in profit

Is there any reason it won't crash (before rebounding) like every time before? This is what's been worrying me...

I've only recently been able to get money

>If you think Bitcoin is a fad then you clearly haven't done your research.
No I don't think that, but it does seem to have major crashes. I don't want to buy right at the peak, it crashes and get btfo.

I am putting $300 into btc as a weddding gift for a friends wedding. I have until mid September to pull the trigger and am waiting for a cheaper price.

you tell me

forgot le pic

There is literally every reason to expect it to crash by 30% at some point from whatever the current high is but who cares.

Buy and hold user, and hedge btc with bcc on the slim but not zero chance bcc runs hard.

i honestly cant see btc ever coming lower than 2,500 ever again.

think well bro. theres never gonna be more bitcoins than the max cap. which will make anyone holding a piece someone rich...

Of course it will correct. The fact that no one here is telling you this should be as much evidence as you need that this isn't a good time to buy.

Yes?

The point is if you bought at the peak last time you'd "only" have 4x your money today, if you bought at the lowest point you'd have 20x your money.

I believe I'd gain money no matter when I bought, but there's a very big difference.

make a paper wallet.
You can make it personalised too

You missed the dip. It's going to 6k now

Normies can't keep track of paper wallets
Literally get a metal "bitcoin" souvenir and engrave the keys into it

well no one can tell you what the fuck will happen, just buy a fucking ticket and enjoy the ride.

grow some balls and stop asking random strangers on the internet on financial advice

same thing?
why would it be different than the other one?
except that whoever engraves the key will be able to see it, thus making it not secure.
You can print (or just write) a paper wallet by yourself offline securely.

I'd be fine with that

t-t-thanks, I just want it to crash so I can get on. It's driving me insane waking up and seeing that it has increased each day.

I'm buying $40ks worth m8, it's extremely stressful knowing it could dip straight after.

>It's driving me insane waking up and seeing that it has increased each day.

yeah it's called FOMO and it's one of the worst traits to have for investing

He thinks he's fine with a coinbase account. I told him he needs to hold his keys but whatever.

I'm not sure about that, there's so much fud atm. If it did happen I'll be happy regardless because of my holdings.

>He thinks he's fine with a coinbase account. I told him he needs to hold his keys but whatever.

he can keep it in cold storage on coinbase

True, but it doesn't change the fact that other people have a copy of your key.

I'm still holding BTC getting those baby gains

Bought more last night

>what is multisig

Wish I did when it was around $3900.
I hope it'll drop once more before going up to 5k next week.

You have one key, they have one. The third is encrypted by them after you give them a password. You are trusting them to not store your password.

buy some now, buy more on 20% dips or make an $/weekly purchase, don't think about it. Like pre authorized debit from your account for a bill/service provider