Where do the Black Irish come from Veeky Forums? I heard they're jews but i'm sure where their origin is

Where do the Black Irish come from Veeky Forums? I heard they're jews but i'm sure where their origin is.

I'm just gonna guess and this might be very controversial but I think they are from Ireland

DNA mixing from various groups that have controlled or settled in Ireland at various points (other Celtic tribes, Britons, Vikings, Normans, the British, etc.).

They were the original BLACK inhabitants before white people genocided them and covered up history

WE WUZ POTATOES

They were the original paleolithic people of that region. The celts came afterwards.

That's a random retarded and baseless claim on all levels, historically, culturally, genetically and in short, you're a retard.

>potatoes
You mean tatties?

>be irish(native)
>see some scary looking guys
>escape to a swamp in connacht

This story is mostly true

>Where do the Black Irish come from Veeky Forums?

They were the original settlers of Ireland, probably Britain too. They came from Iberia when the last ice age ended.

>be their descendants
>people say that you're a rape babby from the spanish armada

Also from Anatolia with Agriculture

My grandma told me that they came from survivors of the wrecked Spanish Armada. It probably isn't true but sounds a tiny bit feasible.

anyone speak gaelic here? An explanation I read once suggested that reference could be in relation to thief's or outlaws, black being associated with people's morals not their skin or hair color. but then again someone with a slight tan in Ireland at that time would probably be black

You're not a smart man. The population of Ireland was over a million at the time.

Black Irish are Irish people who converted to Protestantism and were called black Irish as it was believed they had a black stain on their soul.

some british slags cucked their husbands when they were on vacation in med coast.

They're Irish with Spaniard ancestry

Plenty of Germanics have black hat. What is this shitty meme?

I mean the story I heard was that it was survivors of the Spanish armada that settled rather than go home but I haven't looked it up

They are the true british people, they came from iberia before the celts

It's not feasible at all. The population of Ireland at the time was somewhere within the region of one million. There were nine survivors of the armada in Ireland, all of whom were eventually given passage back to Spain by a local chieftain. Nine people aren't exactly going to make a dent in population genetics.

I speak Irish, but you've got it backwards. The Irish epithet "dubh" meaning "black" invariably refers to hair colour. Check out pic related, Tomás Dubh de Buitléir.
"Donn" which means "brown" is the word usually associated with having a brash personality, though over time it came to refer to brown hair as well.

I should note that there's no special word in Irish for "black Irish" because it was never a recognised phenomenon until Americans started thinking that all Irish people were pale.

Irish people with slightly darker skin and black hair is just normal genetic variation. I hate the weird mythology that has been built up around it.

There are more Black Irish then you think.Most Irish are not Gingers for example.

There were other instances of Spanish migration to Ireland. Killybegs has a notable population of Spanish descendants

The Iberian peninsula, duh.

I don't know what type of black Irish you're referring to. American's tend to think it's Irish with pale skin and black hair. But deep black hair is an extremely common colour in Ireland. The Irish would say black Irish are those with tan skin (possibly dark eyes) and Spanish blood since dark skin and eyes is uncommon in Ireland (they have the highest rate of blue eyes in the world)

The Spanish theory sounds feasible to a person who doesn't know about the details or is ignorant. I for example was under the impression that Irelands population at the time numbered something like 500,000 and didn't know that the thousands of Spaniards went back to Spain. I also don't know really anything about the black Irish such as how numerous they are.

This will blow your mind but it is totally possible for natural dark or black hair to come out which has nothing to do with any recently relevant migration.

Even when totally isolated in premodern times there were irish people with dark hair.

Celts. Most Celtic people are tall with light skin, light blue/green eyes, but unlike Nordic peoples they have squat square shaped faces and very dark and wavy hair. Red hair is common among them compared to other peoples but is still a minority. You can see this phenotype in the Alps, northern Spain, and the British Isles.

I agree, the red heads might be immegrants....

descended from barbary raiders

There has never been any sort of widespread Spanish settlement in Ireland, the "Spanish blood" thing is an American mistake that unfortunately wormed its way back to Ireland.

Didnt the spanish come to help the irish but nearly died from the british? Thought the spanish just married and had kids.

>square faces

that's an alpine and continental/southern german/austrian trait

Bongs have slender faces and Irish have wider faces, but it isn't square

Normans.