How much TIME you spend in technical analysis?

How much TIME you spend in technical analysis?

Im just starting out. I made this for Omisego...

Bump

Technical analysis is pure meme, you have to build advanced statistical learning models to be able to maybe predict how something will move

t.mathfag

Bump, whatcha think about it boiis?

you only need 2 lines lmfao

this.

drawing lines based on historical data can't predict price.

you can save yourself time and energy by letting someone else doing it

You are using rainbow gay lines.

I think omisego has repetitive patterns and we are going to the 3rd elliot wave... That will bump the prize to around 14dollars. Also they are adopting it to 240 mcdonalds in thailand and its just the start so i think this will happen. :D gonna get that lambo.

I don't

BUT I CANT INTO ERGODIC THEORY

I think 30-50dollars in 4 months is realistic too.

I used TA on NEO when it was supposed to bounce of the ceiling at 600k.
Sold 220 NEOs in expectation of buying some more for lower price.

Well how did it go? It shot thought the ceiling and to stratosphere. I don't have to tell you I abandoned NEO after it didn't go below 800k since. Not buying into fomo...

Bad luck mate. Omg forming triple top. What you think should we do?

Bump

Quantitative Analysis is a strong tool for putting a value to tendencies followed in a market.

It is not the ONLY tool you can use. And for someone who is following smaller time frames of what is happening in a market, technical analysis can provide you with a framework to help with being systematic in entry and exit, in addition with FA.

Pivot Points are good example of something which is used by the market to understand where there will likely be points of Resistance and Support (Pic related: it's bitcuck's 5min chart with pivot points on). It's used by institutional traders to help them with being systematic about how they go about things, and allows certain amounts of risk management. I believe fib retracements are also a popular tool.

Tools like these help give markets a sense of stability and can almost be thought of as an agreement between buyers and sellers as to how the market will carry itself, over a certain timeframe.

Momentum is there to give you an indication of what the general trend is doing, it's not going to be perfect, but it'll give a feeling for what's happening, and will help you to identify whether you should buy dips (uptrend), or sell peaks (downtrend). That's just one idea for using them. many other ways people can use them too.

Things like bollinger bands are there to give you a good idea of the trading range a market is operating in. If something is poking out above a top band, perhaps you don't want to buy in, If it's pointing below a bottom band, perhaps you don't yet want to sell. Again, it's just helping you to be systematic.

Nothing is there to tell you the future. I'll never understand why people expect this from any sort of analysis, but TA seems to have some higher expectations put upon it, for some retarded reason.

Volume, though, is something in TA that everyone should pay attention to. When volume goes quiet, that's when you start keeping an eye out for volume spikes and ensuing chaos (up or down).

Using methods developed to analyze trends of slow moving charts for something as fast and volatile as crypto seems like a huge waste. Still better to learn the basics than throw your money away blindly into memecoins I guess.

DELET

Veeky Forums is far too retarded to get this. You need to be way more direct when interacting with mouth breathers of this caliber.

Technical analysis is pseudoscience.

What do you mean wise wizard?

qualitative analysis matters more.

Lmao, there so much emotion involved in this shit - "NO, MY TOOLS THE BEST", I love it.

Okay, my man. Whatever makes you happy :)

oops
*there's

oh, and *TOOL'S

only for an entry point

All you need is RSI OBV MACD and MA, everything else is memes.

These are great for determining the state of the past and present, which is good for determining optimum set ups.

you forgot one

What about meme triangles though? I've seen it happen too much for it to not be a thing.

My Buy and Sell Triggers are 70% reliable

Look at OMG now cute 3.14

my sell trigger

I am Made of technical analysis

what're your rules for sl and tp?

>sl and tp

wat

stop loss and take profit

Never seen people use that short hand in my life.

If something doesn't work out, I Wait for an exit, often at a loss.

But I follow no such rules, I go by feel... if something doesn't feel right I GTFO

neither, I'm just smarter than literally everyone

I've heard the phrase "meme triangle" a bunch on Veeky Forums. What does it mean?

If you stay Strictly on TA u win... and often buy at lows and highs

But you gotta be prepared to so things that are against human nature

Buying things going down, and things going up!

If you stay Strictly on TA u win... and often buy at lows and sell at highs

But you gotta be prepared to do things that are against human nature

Buying things going down, and selling things going up!

Exactly, this is the key.
Many people say "lol TA is a meme, I go by muh gut :D :D", which I think is a bad advice for most people, as that lends to emotionally driven decisions.

The quant will demand something that is 110% testable and formulaic, and if it's not that it's "muh pseudoscience".

Personally, I use multiple aspects of many things, never ignore what can have an impact. But above all, be as emotionless as humanly possible.

re-directed

NO GOYIM EMOTIONS EMOTIONS SELL LOW BUY HIGH

>that's why a computer trading bot brings in the most gains

Exactly, funni how people seem to think drawing lines and acting as if they know what they are doing is somehow helping them. Shit like this is purely psycological, you cant predict shit, its not true mathematics or physics whereby you can figure out a constant rule for something, people are volatile and their actions even more so, this is all guess work, only reason people post meme lines is to shill for pnds, convince the masses you "know" your shit and they will follow, thereby increasing value of what you already have. Only real way of prediction anything is real news of some sort, following tweets, insider knowledge before news is given, and estimating peoples reaction in regards to said news.

TA doesn't work because it has been arbitraged away a long, long time ago.

OMG look at all those bull flags

people regretting selling and buying again.

The Stochastic doesn't know where to go

Fundamentals are the basis for everything, and should never be ignored. I'll say this over and over again. TA = being systematic

if thats the case then youre an idiot, if a bot is so good, why are you here? put a bot to work and fk off to the bahamas or some shit, enjoy life while your bot earns you money

what im trying to say is that people using trends and price to predict, i dont think this is the answer, volume is a good indicator, but i think people should be analyzing different things.

I've been Looking at Programming a bot

It's a work in progress

Initially thought TA was a meme, sat down watched a bunch of videos learned a few things and found a system that works through trial and error for me.

>Ichimoku clouds/OU
>support/resistance lines
>Trade on 4hr chart watch 1hr chart for divergence
>have list of coins to watch on tradingview with bullish momentum
>know entry level stoploss and exit point with trend based fib

System is comfy as fuck desu
Join our telegram t.me/bittrexcd
Very comfy in here too and you will learn some things

And its not 100% system nothing is. I've hit stoploss 5-10 times this month. But have had successful trades on NXT, LBC, ETH, OMG, NEO BCH etc etc that made up for hit stoploss on bad trades.

Price action can be helpful, resistance/support points are places the market has shown to have a tendency of selling off/buying coming in. Nothing is 100%/ nor does it need to be. It's just giving you a general idea.

Markets do form trends, and this ties in with momentum. You can buy dips and sell peaks in this trends to try and catch into them. Again, not 100%.

Nothing is ever 100%.

Zero, this shit is literally for retards who can't sit still for 5 minutes and have to make trades for any fucking invented reason

Buy the rumor, sell the news

Also, your comment up here makes me think you've had most of your experience in alt coins, which are extremely manipulated. These are not the sorts of things to apply any sort analysis to. You're in and out.

*alt coins pnds

Basically this.

i wasted like 5 years of my life on it.

Whats second and third graph?

What website are you using? And what success rate do you have?

site is tradingview

can someone do a jew star?