Tell me about Mithraism Veeky Forums

Tell me about Mithraism Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.cl/books/about/Insights_Into_Christian_Esoterism.html?id=3xRQnG7Hmz8C&redir_esc=y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was a religion.

Ultimately too esoteric to appeal to the masses.

It's more that it forbade women from taking part, meaning it was doomed to be a minority religion and meaning it lost out on the energetic female proselytism that Kikeanity benefited from.

Is Mitra /ourdeity/?

Dionysos is /ourgod/
>died for our sins
>offers salvation for those who believe
>religious devotions to him involve drinking wine
>not a Kike

Zagreus is a POO deity

Nope, probably Thracian. Dionysos himself is an ancient Indo-European god, his worship dates back to the earliest production of alcohol (mead).

Then why does he triumph over the POOs?

What are you talking about? Use your words.

A famous part of Dionysus' mythos is his conquest of India that's often just sort of mentioned in surviving sources. The Dionysiaca goes into it quite a bit, but that's a fairly late document, as Nonnus was a Christian Convert in the end.

It's just a myth, not even the most interesting myth associated with him. Why you think it means he was an Indian deity is beyond me, I can only assume it's because you're a fucking moron.

In another thread it was said that it was militaristic. In what way? Theology

I understand that it was popular within the army and spread by soldiers throughout the empire, but apart from that? Cause it isn't really militaristic in itself.

As far as I know we don't have any real insights on the actual theological content of the religion

Nothing is known about its theology, but the fact that it was almost exclusively followed by soldiers suggests that it was militaristic in some way.

Because I'm interested in the arcane and obscure parts of Mythology and History, like how the Sumerian Kings came up with their Kings List that dates back like 100,000 years, or obscure figures like Enoch or Melchizedek

Like christianity before of Paul.

“Error, indeed, is never set forth in its naked deformity, lest, being thus exposed, it should at once be detected. But it is craftily decked out in attractive dress, as as, by its outward form, to appear to the inexperienced (ridiculous as the expression may seem) more true than the truth itself.”
Fuck off Gnostic retard.

It's better than Islam.

Gnosticism is backed by the UN the modern era you fucking heretic.

Why were Romans obsessed with a Persian Goddess?

I'm not gnostic.

books.google.cl/books/about/Insights_Into_Christian_Esoterism.html?id=3xRQnG7Hmz8C&redir_esc=y

mystery religion we don't know too much about due to a lack of literature (you know cause they were a mystery religion). Though this religion was widespread due to archeological findings in local area that used to be shrines to the deity, it spread throughout Europe (Britain) to the Persia

>The UN
>When your worldview is so kiked up you can't even name the Jew

Some have also theorized that Mithraism was a forerunner of, or at least an influence for, modern freemasonry. There circumstantial evidence is compelling: initiatory rites, secret meetings in "lodges", etc. This is a hard theory to definitively prove however.