Newcoiners anonymous

I haven't been doing this long or with a lot of money but it's already taking over my life. Why is this enjoyable? How quickly did you get into crypto and to what extent? Anyone who's managed to reduce the constant checking, trading, transferring, reading?

I'm just curious about your stories because it seems like a lot of people started in the last few months. Wondering what I have to look forward to and what strategies I can use to have a real life.

How did you start? How's it going so far? Big successes, losses, lessons?

No. Do your research and spend hours on biz like the rest of us. We can't spoon feed you everything

I have. Not looking for info on coins or how to research them, just how people manage their time/jobs/sleep

Started about a year ago, get next to no sleep anymore but still go to my wagecuck job on time every day because I'm not a degenerate NEET. Started with $300 or so and worked up from there, reinvesting profit and feeling out the market. If you go balls deep this becomes a second job, but it's at least enjoyable.

I went balls deep. Literally took every cent I've ever saved up and threw it into crypto few months ago. Started with 20k, now i'm up 100k and feeling good. My reasoning was that if I lose it all, fuck it I'll slowly earn it back. But if I do my homework I was confident I could at least flip it double.

How much are you at now? If you don't mind saying, anyway.

That's great, congratulations. I'm trying a few coins out now to see how things go, rather than try to guess the balance between shilling/fud with no experience. Planning on doing something similar. Any memorable high points or low points?

I just made my first deposit in liqui and I don't see it and its been a few minutes

how long should it take before I enter /panic/ mode?

Started by getting my mom to invest in bitcoin.

Watched it for a few months as it went up and up. Decided it was time to buy for myself. Came to biz, saw XBY at 150sat back in may, back when it was pure exciting. Put 50 bucks in, watched it go up over night. Put 1500 in, about 85/15 into xby and other alts. Rode the waves, bought and sold dgb, rdd, etc etc. My timing wash shit, very prone to fomo. Went up to about 18k. Then the crash happened. Down to 4k - took half out. Put it back in slowly as btc stabilized. Learned a lot of lessons in the process. Been checking blockfolio 100 times a day since I started. Don't trade very often.

Up to about 25k today. Feels good. Never really felt any stress - well, maybe some during the crash, a 14k loss is rough.

I here to help. I've been there. Crypto veteran.

What you need to do is gain detachment.

Heres how to do it. Turn off the PC after you've made your buys.

(Assuming you are happy to hold them for a week)

NOW GO THE FUCK AWAY AND DONT CHECK THE PRICES

Accept that you can't control what happens

Accept that you are going to find out the true value of your decisions

Distract - Detatch - Forget as much as possible the whole thing exists. Crypto is not going to send you alerts to your phone (uninstall those apps) No blockfolio. Adblock on all the time. Go incognito to websites

If you absolutely can't stop checking the PC it means you have other problems.

Better methodology imho is go away for a month after putting in whatever target amount you intend to invest

Now come back to crypto. Look what happened. Were you right, wrong? what went wrong? what went right? Why? Write down a full post-mortem. Make adjustments. Repeat.

This maximizes time for life and minimizes dangerous and wasteful attention to prices instead of value, temptations to overtrade, and make bad decisions

okay its there

I placed an order for 50 stox with eth and even though I put it at current price its not filling instantly. why not?

Went in with 570 over the last few days and it really is quite addicting. Worst is, I'm a compsci student from home and thus spend quite some time in front of the screen. I think I'll have to get a side job if I don't want to become a cave troll.

pls respond

this is good life and money advice in general for people who decide to trade anything

Thank you for some sincere and useful advice. I see a lot of people checking prices constantly and wondered how they are doing it.

Do you set stop loss orders or sell orders when you buy? Or just hold for a week and then reevaluate?

That is great advice, but what about keeping up with the flood of constant news on new crypto opportunities? How do you manage to keep the two seperate? There's literally a new opportunity every other day it seems.

Started in June at the last all-time-high. Doing marginally better this time around. Making it next round.

1)Where did you guys get news from ?
I mean how do you guys know that particular coin is gonna moon?

2) i lost 400$ till now. I realise my problem i dont know when to buy. For example i bought xvg at 74 and sia at 212 yesterday both are going down now.
So when should i buy?

3) what do you guys think about hodling? I held CFI for 2 months it didnt do anything . Sold it yesterday . Bought CFI at 18 , i thought it will moon but it didnt.

Started with $1k in March, bought Bitcoin a long time ago when Bitcoin was $430, bought 3 of them and sold at 600 thinking I did well, anyways, slapped 1k into coinbase, bought 35 Eth at $50 each and diversified into shitcoins, bought a million beans at 4 sats at one point, sold at 350, shit was cash, sold all my Eth at 380 each, recently bought 2000 metal at $2.50, still holding, I'm at $42k right now and still working at pizza hut.

Only check blockfolio and make adjustments when I have my first cigarette in the morning when I wake up and the last smoke before bed, rarely miss anything important.

> tfw started with 10 k and up to 50k

WHY DIDN'T I BUY MORE REEEEEEE

Honestly that's great news and really relieving, I want to do this successfully but I have to focus at work and on other things too.
Do you use stop-loss and sell orders or just let it ride?

1. I get my news from here, youtube, btc forums and a few discord channels

2. When you buy a coin, it is an investment. Make sure you understand the tech, you look at the dev team and read the whitepapers. These dudes on Veeky Forums will shill you coins all day (to the moon brah!), but you have to trust yourself. Also, I tend to pick up coins that have been on a general uptrend for some time. Go onto Coin Market Cap and look at the beautiful uptrend of a coin like IOTA for example. Good tech, good team, not crazy expensive, on a solid uptrend for the past 2 months.

3. Some coins are good for hodling and others are more 'flash in the pan'. BTC, ETH, NEO, OMG, IOTA, and some of the promising ICO's we've seen here the past few days like 0x and district0x are probably going to increase in value over time so they're worth holding onto. That being said, it's a great idea to take some profit when you're up 2x or 3x (at least get your roi back). That's how you protect your gains, build a portfolio and continue to diversify.

Buy when people are panic selling aka "buying the dip" if you see people saying THIS COIN MOONING RIGHT NOW GET IN OR STAY POOR stay far away, don't ever sell because you are scared, wait until it really hurts then buy more, don't ever buy the tops of green candles, don't ever buy all time highs, when something you're holding moons, sell it little by little the higher it goes, buy more when it falls under what you sold it for.

Thank you for the advice. I'm doing my best to take a little profit, even if it just means the cost basis for my remaining coins is low enough that I feel more confident about winning long term.
I'm also learning there are huge, unseen forces at work in this market... Shilling and PnDs are everywhere. I've learned reading whitepapers and doing proper due diligence really reduces the fear and uncertainty though. Definitely worth it when I put more money in.